The

The "free gift"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
Jesus saying He a door is a metaphor he does not also have a door knob and hinges making it both real and a metaphor, telling us God can move mountains was I believe a metaphor, however, that one He could do, so both are true, you are making much of something quite a little. Not sure why you'd talk about it more often than when you bring up science and cannot explain reality ...[text shortened]...

John 10:7
So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
I think a divine being should have done a better job of making clear what was and was not a metaphor.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think a divine being should have done a better job of making clear what was and was not a metaphor.
We suppress truth when we stand before God who is truth, what we were exposed to and how and why we did what we did will be revealed. None of us will have any excuses and everything will be made known, nothing done or said in secret will not be revealed.

F

Moves
22 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
We suppress truth when we stand before God who is truth, what we were exposed to and how and why we did what we did will be revealed. None of us will have any excuses and everything will be made known, nothing done or said in secret will not be revealed.
Suggestig over and over again, as you do, that not believing the same things as you do is "suppressing the truth" is just low-grade propagandizing and not-in-good-faith conversation.

Moves
22 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I find this laughable to be honest, seeing how you frequently prejudge people without evidence and state your own perceptions as if they were a matter of fact.

Most of what we post here are unsubstantiated opinions or assumptions. At the time I believed what I posted. In no way could that be classified as a lie.
You privately lied about me on a serious situation which you initiated in your club. Your lies caused a lot of strife. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you find this laughable, that’s fine with me.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Feb 23

@divegeester said
You privately lied about me on a serious situation which you initiated in your club. Your lies caused a lot of strife. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you find this laughable, that’s fine with me.
Great. Let's move on then.

IP

Moves
22 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Before we move on....That which FMF did was to call KellyJay out in open, public forum, regarding a fundamental change of stance on the 'literal/metaphoric' question, which is there for all to see who wish to see it, and all are free to comment. That which you did was to imply accusation against somebody for doing something which you were 'pretty certain' that they did, with no evidence to back up the implied accusation.

The two things are completely different, and cannot and should not be compared, one against the other.

Moves
22 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You brought it up.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Feb 23
1 edit

@indonesia-phil said
Before we move on....That which FMF did was to call KellyJay out in open, public forum, regarding a fundamental change of stance on the 'literal/metaphoric' question, which is there for all to see who wish to see it, and all are free to comment. That which you did was to imply accusation against somebody for doing something which you were 'pretty certain' that they did ...[text shortened]... e two things are completely different, and cannot and should not be compared, one against the other.
Big stinking deal, FMF claims I have been doing this I deny it, he accuses anyway, he can say whatever he wants his words are meaningless as far as I'm concerned. If you have something to bring to my attention that is in the context I say them go for it.

Moves
22 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
Big stinking deal, FMF claims I have been doing this I deny it, he accuses anyway, he can say whatever he wants his words are meaningless as far as I'm concerned. If you have something to bring to my attention that is in the context I say them go for it.
I can concur that I have clear memories of you confirming that the Bible isn’t all literal, and that it isn’t the exclusive, inerrant and complete word of God.

F

Moves
23 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
Perhaps your communication problem is rooted in your inarticulacy and pridefulness rather than any "big stinking deal" regarding those who take the time to read your inconsistent screeds.

F

Moves
23 Feb 23

@divegeester said
I can concur that I have clear memories of you confirming that the Bible isn’t all literal, and that it isn’t the exclusive, inerrant and complete word of God.
Indeed, these are his most recent purported stances.

F

Moves
23 Feb 23

@kellyjay said
FMF can say whatever he wants his words are meaningless as far as I'm concerned.

You may be braying that my "words are meaningless" but I think it is merely a symptom of your inability to process disagreement and to reattach your wheels after your lamentable disintegration in 2022. Nevertheless, I would never cop out and bray that your "...words are meaningless as far as I'm concerned". It's too petulant and furtive to my way of thinking; I would be selling myself short.

Moves
26 Feb 23

@suzianne said
Back is relative.
Popping in for a visit, more like it.
You seem to be daily full “Karen” mode in debates.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Mar 23

@divegeester said
You seem to be daily full “Karen” mode in debates.
But your metric for judging others rests solely on whether they agree with you or not.

I'm not the first to understand that your opinion of others has less basis in fact and more about how much kowtowing and genuflecting they do in front of you.

Moves
01 Mar 23

@suzianne said
But your metric for judging others rests solely on whether they agree with you or not.
No, it’s based on you being a “Karen” in the debates forum.