Can transgender people be truly Christian?

Can transgender people be truly Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
322d

@suzianne said
This is an extremely trite way to say you're not a hypocrite.

But you are, so your complaint floats as well as a lead ingot.
In the Old Testament and through into New Testament times the Hebrews stoned homosexuals to death because of a written command which they believed was from God.

Were the stonings a righteous act of obedience, yes or no?

What’s the matter Suzianne, too tough a question for you?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
322d

@divegeester said
In the Old Testament and through into New Testament times the Hebrews stoned homosexuals to death because of a written command which they believed was from God.

Were the stonings a righteous act of obedience, yes or no?
Trick question.

Obedience, yes. Righteous, no.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
322d

@suzianne said
Trick question.

Obedience, yes. Righteous, no.
Of course it’s not a trick question! It goes right to the heart of the hypocrisy Christians like you, KellyJay and Josephw display all the time here.

So God’s instruction to stone homosexuals wasn’t righteous?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
322d

@divegeester said
You gonna have a go at answering my question or just rant?
Noting hypocrisy is not a rant.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
322d

@divegeester said
Of course it’s not a trick question! It goes right to the heart of the hypocrisy Christians like you, KellyJay and Josephw display all the time here.

So God’s instruction to stone homosexuals wasn’t righteous?
Was it God's instruction?

Is this too deep for you?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
322d

You cannot assert that being bisexual and supporting gay rights is righteous, whilst simultaneously holding that God’s commands to execute homosexuals is righteous.

Can’t you people see this!?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
322d

@suzianne said
Was it God's instruction?

Is this too deep for you?
This is what I’m asking you!

Do you believe law the OT law is from God or not?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
322d

Silence.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
322d
3 edits

When they picked up stones to kill Mary the whore, Jesus said “let him who is without sin throw the first stone”.

But what is more interesting is that he was without sin, and yet he didn’t throw one. Nor did he condemn her verbally either directly not by inference.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
322d

Full passage: and for me one of the most powerful in the Bible and the crux of what Christianity is.

At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
322d

@divegeester said
Full passage: and for me one of the most powerful in the Bible and the crux of what Christianity is.

At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Tea ...[text shortened]... e said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
Very true... its the crux of Christianity. In a nutshell:
- we are all sinners condemned to die
- Jesus saved us and gave us an opportunity to live
- We are required to give up the life of sin.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
322d
1 edit

@divegeester said
You cannot assert that being bisexual and supporting gay rights is righteous, whilst simultaneously holding that God’s commands to execute homosexuals is righteous.

Can’t you people see this!?
Are you high?

I said no, it wasn't righteous. How do you know it was God's command?

Didn't Jesus stop the stoning of that woman?

The more telling part of that passage is that a few here would throw the first stone even though they were not without sin themselves. You seem to have missed the entire point. Retribution for sin is not the main message of Jesus' ministry, no matter how many, even here, would wish it so. All those who want the woman stoned seem to think they are without sin, or that the woman's sin is somehow greater than their own. These are the people to whom Jesus will say on that last day, "I never knew you."

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
322d

@divegeester said
Like Relentless Red you don’t seem to understand what hypocrisy is Suzianne.

You are undoubtedly, and by a wide margin, the biggest hypocrite in all of these forums.
Aha, then you expose your own hypocrisy.

I am not a hypocrite. You are, since you use the word as a tool to mold others' opinions, not as it was meant to be used. Thus your own hypocrisy is clear.

F

Moves
321d

@suzianne said
The more telling part of that passage is that a few here would throw the first stone even though they were not without sin themselves. You seem to have missed the entire point. Retribution for sin is not the main message of Jesus' ministry, no matter how many, even here, would wish it so. All those who want the woman stoned seem to think they are without sin, or that the ...[text shortened]... r than their own. These are the people to whom Jesus will say on that last day, "I never knew you."
The meaning you extract from this story about the stoning of the woman guilty of adultery, judging by when and why you wield it, appears to be that Christians cannot be expected to be clear about what is and isn't "sin".

Defining what "fornication" is and isn't, is not a debate about what "retribution for sin" there will be or whether wrongdoers ought to be stoned or witches burned.

Defining what "fornication" is and isn't, is about what is and isn't "sinful" according to Christian teaching and belief.

Jesus talking about people not throwing the first stone unless they were without sin themselves does not alter the fact that what the woman was accused of was "sinful".

And it's still "sinful" two centuries later, right?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
320d

@divegeester said
Silence.
Deafening