Can transgender people be truly Christian?

Can transgender people be truly Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
352d
1 edit

@suzianne said
Not bad, but...

Do you think Christians will be judged for not following this law in Deuteronomy, or Numbers or Leviticus?

Are we not bound by another covenant, instead? Why do you think this is?
You are correct. We are under a new covenant.

BECAUSE Jesus bore our sins on the cross and suffered the "judgment" of the "law", and the wrath of God that we deserve.

It's the core of the gospel.

But it, the gospel, and I must be very careful here to word this accurately so as to not misrepresent the truth, does not excuse Christians from personal responsibility for how we live our lives so as to represent the life and character of our Lord and savior.

After all, it is His image we are being conformed to isn't it?

Romans 6:1,2,15
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

We are called to be holy(separated) from the standard of this world to a new and better living way.

I've known you for over 15 years and have enjoyed playing chess with you and reading your forum post, and I have admired your wit, energy and honesty throughout. God bless you suzianne.

F

Moves
352d

@josephw said
Isn't that what the Bible teaches?

Must you ask such obvious questions?
You're missing the point. Suzianne, who you are running lame pass interference for, steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that homosexual acts are "sinful" according to Christian teaching. You are not following the conversations here.

F

Moves
352d

@josephw said
I don't "act" like a Christian. I am one.

Are YOU now judging me?
No. What I am doing is asking you if you act like an actual follower of Jesus Christ. It stems from what you said to Rajk999. All the waffle you might type will not alter the hypocrisy you are exhibiting.

F

Moves
352d

@josephw said
Claiming to be a Christian doesn't make one a Christian.
How can anyone here know that you are a follower of Jesus?

F

Moves
352d

@josephw said
Biblically speaking, you are hopelessly lost with only a human perspective predicated solely on human intellect.
Isn’t your intellect also a human one?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
352d

@fmf said
You're missing the point. Suzianne, who you are running lame pass interference for, steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that homosexual acts are "sinful" according to Christian teaching. You are not following the conversations here.
But you're not following the Spirit.

I'm missing nothing, much. 😏

I'm fully aware of what's going on here. Almost.

Truth is, if you care to admit it, is that you are following a self produced narrative and logic produced by your own human intellect.

It is you that is missing the point.

F

Moves
352d

@josephw said
But you're not following the Spirit.

I'm missing nothing, much. 😏

I'm fully aware of what's going on here. Almost.

Truth is, if you care to admit it, is that you are following a self produced narrative and logic produced by your own human intellect.

It is you that is missing the point.
When it comes to the issue of whether homosexual acts are "sinful", it is you and Rajk999 who are in agreement and Suzianne who is the dissenter.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
352d

@fmf said
Isn’t your intellect also a human one?
Of course.

There is human wisdom, and there is the wisdom "of" God.

You have only one of them because you deny the existence of the other.

Doesn't make me smarter or better than you.

F

Moves
352d

@josephw said
Of course.

There is human wisdom, and there is the wisdom "of" God.

You have only one of them because you deny the existence of the other.

Doesn't make me smarter or better than you.
The only intellect you have is your own one. It exists in harness with your emotions. Good for you if they have found a religion and some so-called "wisdom" that appeals to them both.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
352d

@fmf said
When it comes to the issue of whether homosexual acts are "sinful", it is you and Rajk999 who are in agreement and Suzianne who is the dissenter.
I'm in a discussion about a matter, and not in competition against individuals opinions.

The text of scripture is clear about what is right and wrong, good and evil, etc.

But there is more going on here in this discussion than what meets the eye.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
352d

@fmf said
The only intellect you have is your own one. It exists in harness with your emotions. Good for you if they have found a religion and some so-called "wisdom" that appeals to them both.
That is the opinion you hold because you deny the existence of the supernatural (spiritual).

You are effectively limiting your intellect to a single dimension of human experience.

F

Moves
352d

@josephw said
But there is more going on here in this discussion than what meets the eye.
Yes. It would appear that the notion of homosexual acts being "sinful" is only taken seriously by Rajk999. Suzianne doesn't agree, and you don't appear to care much because you are more intent on your play-the-man-rather-the-ball banter. It certainly does "meet the eye".

F

Moves
352d

@josephw said
That is the opinion you hold because you deny the existence of the supernatural (spiritual).
I am open to the idea that there is a creator entity and my definition of "spiritual" is apparently broader than yours. Nothing you recite and type here leads me to think you have any insights or information about a creator entity.

F

Moves
352d

@josephw said
You are effectively limiting your intellect to a single dimension of human experience.
I am well aware that your religious beliefs about a Christianity-based "dimension" make you think that you can engage with people who do not share your beliefs by wittering on about how their intellects are limited.

F

Moves
352d

@josephw said
Belief in supernatural beings and phenomena does not enhance or augment anybody's intellect.