1. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '23 16:27
    @josephw said

Anyone that calls themselves a Christian, and believes otherwise, deceives themselves by believing the lie that contradicts the irrefutable truth that the scriptures teach with regard to human conduct and lifestyle behavior.
    Conduct and lifestyle is the key.
    You are starting to sound like Jesus Christ.
    Did you finally leave your church?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jun '23 21:22
    @josephw said
    "Then what makes you think that Jesus approves of demonizing trans people as a political ploy?"

What makes you think I think Jesus approves of demonizing anyone? That's not biblical. I don't think that way. I'm sorry if you think I do.

"Why do you think he spent so much time with people on the lowest rungs of society?"

Because that's who we are, and bec ...[text shortened]... the irrefutable truth that the scriptures teach with regard to human conduct and lifestyle behavior.
    I know some don't want to hear me, but I'll give this another attempt anyways.

Do you believe that "the law" in Deuteronomy should be followed?

Why not? Isn't it "the law"?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Jun '23 21:27
    @rajk999 said
    Conduct and lifestyle is the key.
    You are starting to sound like Jesus Christ.
    Did you finally leave your church?
    We have zero confidence that you follow ANYthing Jesus said.

You certainly don't in your posts.

You talk a good game, but so does every con man on the planet. You have to realize that "following Jesus" is about the walk, not the talk. But you don't think WE know that.

And we have zero evidence of your walk. Talking without walking means nothing. NOTHING.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '23 22:311 edit
    @suzianne said
    We have zero confidence that you follow ANYthing Jesus said.

You certainly don't in your posts.

You talk a good game, but so does every con man on the planet. You have to realize that "following Jesus" is about the walk, not the talk. But you don't think WE know that.

And we have zero evidence of your walk. Talking without walking means nothing. NOTHING.
    You missing a few screws woman... both types.
    What is this 'We' business about.
    Jesus is not going to judge people in the court of public opinion.
    You must be suffering from some kind of insanity.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 06:51
    @suzianne said
    What "evidence" is there that you are "walking the walk"?

Is this "evidence"...

"It is with regret that I announce to you all, that after 6965 days, I am leaving Red Hot Pawn. I'm leaving to pursue my other interests in life, including finishing my masters degree, and my ongoing efforts to improve the lives of the homeless in downtown Phoenix, Arizona."

~ your own words 273 days ago.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 07:48
    @suzianne said
    I know some don't want to hear me, but I'll give this another attempt anyways.

Do you believe that "the law" in Deuteronomy should be followed?

Why not? Isn't it "the law"?
    I want to hear you. I don't always agree with everything you say, but your words are worth hearing nevertheless, and are often challenging.

Should "the law" in Deuteronomy be followed? Are you kidding me? The following is a basic outline of the book. (not mine)
    Obviously the book was written to Israel, but contains, in principle at least, if not specifically, Devine guidance generally for all of humanity.
    Is there a particular area of "the law" you're referring to?

OUTLINE:
    I. Reviewing the journeys, Chapters 1-4

II. Restating the Law — love and obedience, Chapters 5-26

A. Repetition and interpretation of Ten Commandments, Deu 5-7

B. Religious and national regulations, Deu 8-21

1. God’s past dealings are assurance for future, Deu 8

2. God knew Israel — the past was not good, Deu 9

3. God sent Israel to Egypt; God brought them out of Egypt, Deu 10

4. Promised Land not like Egypt; principle of occupancy, Deu 11

5. Israel has only one place to worship in land, Deu 12

6. Warning against and test of false prophets, false gods, Deu 13

7. Diet for Israel, Deu 14

8. God’s poverty program; the permanent slave; the perfect sacrifice is Christ, Deu 15

9. Three main feasts (Passover, Pentecost, Tabernacles); all males required to attend, Deu 16

10. Sundry laws, Deu 17

11. Priests and prophets; test of true prophet, Deu 18

12. Cities of Refuge; extent of land and extremity of Law, Deu 19

13. Laws regulating warfare, Deu 20

14. Laws regulating murder, marriage and delinquent sons, Deu 21

C. Regulations for domestic and personal relations, Deu 22-26

1. Miscellaneous laws concerning brother relationships, dress, building code, planting seed, and marriage, Deu 22

2. The world, the flesh, and the devil, Deu 23

3. Divorce, Deu 24

4. Punishment of guilty (40 stripes); law protecting widows; punishment for crimes; judgment of Amalek, Deu 25

5. First fruits — thanksgiving, Deu 26

III. Regarding the future of the land, (blessings and curses), Chapters 27-30

IV. Requiem to Moses, Chapters 31-34
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 07:52
    @fmf said
    What "evidence" is there that you are "walking the walk"?

Is this "evidence"...

"It is with regret that I announce to you all, that after 6965 days, I am leaving Red Hot Pawn. I'm leaving to pursue my other interests in life, including finishing my masters degree, and my ongoing efforts to improve the lives of the homeless in downtown Phoenix, Arizona."

~ your own words 273 days ago.
    So what!?

Maybe suzianne changed her mind.

You remind me of the guy that tries to stretch a gnat's ass over a telephone pole. 😂
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 08:27
    @josephw said
    So what!?

Maybe suzianne changed her mind.
    Having the humility to admit she has changed her mind might be a tiny slice of walking the walk. The same could be said for admitting that it was an exercise in virtue signalling.

Worst case scenario, especially given how prickly she has been about it, it places a question mark over the veracity of some of her claims.

Given all that, her attempt to publicly admonish Rajk999 about walking the walk makes her seem narcissistic and hypocritical.

Bear in mind, her only difference with Rajk999 is theological. He chooses to keep his walking the walk to himself. She chooses to squirt as much sanctimonious animosity into the information gap as she can as if she is entitled to do that thanks to all the self-aggrandizement she engages in.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 08:29
    @josephw said
    You remind me of the guy that tries to stretch a gnat's ass over a telephone pole.
    I don’t think that Rajk999's and Suzianne's disagreements about their faith has anything whatsoever to do with "gnat's asses" or "telephone poles".
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 09:41
    @fmf said
    Having the humility to admit she has changed her mind might be a tiny slice of walking the walk. The same could be said for admitting that it was an exercise in virtue signalling.
    Why? Because you say so?

Try on a little humility yourself. Pointing out what you consider another's fault is you being judgmental, which is pretty much in line with the character of most of what's posted in this forum.

Bring up what suzianne said about leaving the forum, but not, is just you straining at gnats.

Who cares? It's off topic. It's obfuscation.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 09:45
    @fmf said
    Bear in mind, her only difference with Rajk999 is theological. He chooses to keep his walking the walk to himself. She chooses to squirt as much sanctimonious animosity into the information gap as she can as if she is entitled to do that thanks to all the self-aggrandizement she engages in.
    Sanctimonious? Oh, the irony!
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 10:05
    @suzianne said
    Talking without walking means nothing. NOTHING.
    Gosh, from your own mouth!
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 13:28
    @josephw said
    Why? Because you say so?

Try on a little humility yourself. Pointing out what you consider another's fault is you being judgmental, which is pretty much in line with the character of most of what's posted in this forum.

Bring up what suzianne said about leaving the forum, but not, is just you straining at gnats.

It's as if you haven't read the thread.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 16:092 edits
    @josephw said
    Why? Because you say so?

How is her bringing up 'walking the walk' relevant to the topic? How is it you failed to see that she went totally off topic and the only reason why she does that is because she posts a bunch a absolute unbiblical rubbish particularly regarding gays, lesbians and trans people as if the Christian community is supposed to accept and support their lifestyle. Actually she has a personal stake in this issue. She already admitted several years ago that she is bixexual or lesbian. So clearly she cannot promote the true teachings of the bible regarding this issue.

Nobody is supposed to discuss peoples personal life on a internet chat forum. If you do then you do that at your own risk. A Christian who follows the teachings of Christ will refrain from personal commentary about what they do or do not do. It is because of her own personal hatred for what I post about the teachings of Christ, that she thinks she can derail what I say by appealing to personal matters.

She is an emotional wreck, her life is in a mess [by her own admission], and she is unable to objectively discuss doctrine and teachings and always resort to attacking everyone. This is the reason why Paul told women in the churches to keep quiet.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 22:10
    @fmf said
    It's as if you haven't read the thread.
    I've read thousands of threads. Pretty much the same thing across the board. Nothing new here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree