1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '23 05:25
    @josephw said
    You just don't get it.
    The question was asked, "what's the definition of a true Christian?"
    Now you want to twist a simple answer into a discussion about "fruit".
    You made up a definition and gave you a scriptural one.

Now you’re upset again.

Figures.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '23 05:271 edit
    @josephw said
    Anyone can mimic fruit
    You are now resorting to claiming that anyone can mimic the fruit of the spirit .. just so you can double down.

Jesus said: “you shall know them (Christians) by their fruit”

Was Jesus wrong?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '23 05:301 edit
    @josephw said
    but an aspect of fruit is what one confesses about Jesus with their mouth, and apparently you have issues with doing that.
    More made up stuff by you.

Galatians 5:22-23
    ”But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

Nothing about “confessing with their mouth”.
    Which by the way I have no “issues with doing”
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '23 05:31
    PS

Kellyjay has been giving your posts a thumb up, but he won’t come out and defend your assertions.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '23 05:34
    @josephw

Back to topic, which you are avoiding.

Can a transgender person be truly Christian.
    Yes or no?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '23 01:30
    @divegeester said
    So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

Genesis 1-27

Does the genesis account of the creation of a mankind as a binary gendered species mean that transgender people cannot be Christian?
    Define " Christian"
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jun '23 06:15
    @josephw said
    No.
    Then what makes you think that Jesus approves of demonizing trans people as a political ploy? Or even homosexuals, for that matter? Why do you think he spent so much time with people on the lowest rungs of society? Do you think he wasn't aware that stealing and prostitution were against the law? And being trans or gay isn't even against the law.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '23 06:39
    @suzianne said
    Then what makes you think that Jesus approves of demonizing trans people as a political ploy? Or even homosexuals, for that matter? Why do you think he spent so much time with people on the lowest rungs of society? Do you think he wasn't aware that stealing and prostitution were against the law? And being trans or gay isn't even against the law.
    Do you believe that Jesus would have seen homosexual sex as "sinful"?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '23 06:41
    @suzianne said
    Why do you think he spent so much time with people on the lowest rungs of society? Do you think he wasn't aware that stealing and prostitution were against the law? And being trans or gay isn't even against the law.
    Do you believe that "sinfulness" in terms of sexual relations is dependent in some way on whether they are legal or illegal?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '23 07:34
    @karoly-aczel said
    Define " Christian"
    A person who exhibits the fruit of the spirit; as I said a few posts back.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '23 21:44
    @divegeester
    Ok. I missed that
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Jun '23 13:181 edit
    @fmf said
    Do you believe that Jesus would have seen homosexual sex as "sinful"?
    I don't think that is a salient question.

The parable of the mob who brought an accused adulteress to Jesus, prepared to stone her to death, is relevant. Jesus refused to judge or punish her, and admonished the mob to cast no stone against her. The obvious lesson in that parable is that sin (whatever that may be) is between the individual soul and God, not for man to judge much less punish.

So I presume the same would apply to non-heterosexuals and non-binary people of whatever description.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '23 16:25
    @moonbus said
    I don't think that is a salient question.

The parable of the mob who brought an accused adulteress to Jesus, prepared to stone her to death, is relevant. Jesus refused to judge or punish her, and admonished the mob to cast no stone against her. The obvious lesson in that parable is that sin (whatever that may be) is between the individual soul and God, not for man to judg ...[text shortened]... o I presume the same would apply to non-heterosexuals and non-binary people of whatever description.
    I think Paul dealt with this and how it is to be handled. For church members they are to be judged and corrected and disfellowshipped if necessary. For those outside the church they should be advised on what the bible / God says, and then left alone. As you say, God will judge these people.

Pauls reason for this is something I have said here many times and that is that Christians who want to be considered chosen or the elect of God, or the sheep of Christ [not all Christians automatically fall in this group contrary to Christian doctrine], are called to a higher standard of conduct and righteousness. These are the ones who will rule and judge with Christ during His reign on the earth. They are not allowed to participate in worldly standards. Not at all saying that these sinners are condemned, its just that their place with Christ is shifted down to the end when Christ judges the whole world according to their works.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Jun '23 22:36
    @rajk999 said
    I think Paul dealt with this and how it is to be handled. For church members they are to be judged and corrected and disfellowshipped if necessary. For those outside the church they should be advised on what the bible / God says, and then left alone. As you say, God will judge these people.

Pauls reason for this is something I have said here many times and that is that ...[text shortened]... with Christ is shifted down to the end when Christ judges the whole world according to their works.
    According to the Gospel of Rajk.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Jun '23 22:55
    @suzianne said
    "Then what makes you think that Jesus approves of demonizing trans people as a political ploy?"

What makes you think I think Jesus approves of demonizing anyone? That's not biblical. I don't think that way. I'm sorry if you think I do.

"Why do you think he spent so much time with people on the lowest rungs of society?"

Because that's who we are, and because Jesus loves us no matter who or what we are.

"Do you think he wasn't aware that stealing and prostitution were against the law?"

There isn't anything Jesus isn't "aware" of.

"And being trans or gay isn't even against the law."

With that statement you reveal that you understand virtually nothing about "the law".

So, if your eyes don't burn out of their sockets reading this I'll explain "the law" to you.

God created them male and female. God created marriage to be between a man and a woman. Sexual relations are between a husband and a wife. Anything else is against "the law" of God the creator of everything that exists.

The scriptures are full of references to support that truth.

Anyone that calls themselves a Christian, and believes otherwise, deceives themselves by believing the lie that contradicts the irrefutable truth that the scriptures teach with regard to human conduct and lifestyle behavior.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree