1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '23 05:05
    So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

Genesis 1-27

Does the genesis account of the creation of a mankind as a binary gendered species mean that transgender people cannot be Christian?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '23 10:44
    @divegeester
    The anthropomorphization of a possible creator entity has given rise to a whole load of anachronistic cultural bric-a-brac.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '23 15:23
    @divegeester said
    So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

Genesis 1-27

Does the genesis account of the creation of a mankind as a binary gendered species mean that transgender people cannot be Christian?
    Anyone can be a Christian, or truly Christian [whatever that means], by simply referring to themselves as one, or joining Chritian churches. However whether or not that person will be considered a righteous Christian who finds favour with God and called into the Kingdom of God, only Jesus knows. God created male and female. A man can choose to dress and behave like a female, take hormone treatment and operations to change parts of his body if he so desires, identify as a woman, force people call him a woman, but in actual fact he remains a man. God sees a man and he will be judged by whatever he does just like all of mankind.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 May '23 05:54
    @rajk999 said
    Anyone can be a Christian, or truly Christian [whatever that means], by simply referring to themselves as one, or joining Chritian churches. However whether or not that person will be considered a righteous Christian who finds favour with God and called into the Kingdom of God, only Jesus knows. God created male and female. A man can choose to dress and behave like a fema ...[text shortened]... remains a man. God sees a man and he will be judged by whatever he does just like all of mankind.
    Ok, so can a transgender person be truly a Christian?

Which is my original question.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 May '23 23:531 edit
    @divegeester said

1 Corinthians
    Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

And such WERE some of you.

Obviously being a Christian means more than continuing practicing an immoral lifestyle.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '23 02:37
    @divegeester said

I think the term 'truly a Christian' is a term which I do not understand. As far as I am concerned a Christian and a true Christian are the same, and it s one who has joined the Christian faith or religion. If a man is a Christian he is a Christian. There is not true and untrue Christians as far as I can see. These are just expressions used by people for whatever reason.

So a Christian can by a transgender person. That however says nothing about his standing with God which nobody knows but God.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 May '23 02:39
    @josephw said
    1 Corinthians
    Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are ...[text shortened]... e of you.

Obviously being a Christian means more than continuing practicing an immoral lifestyle.
    Your assumption that a trangender person is necessarily immoral can be wrong,
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '23 05:40
    @josephw said
    1 Corinthians
    And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are ...[text shortened]... e of you.

But what about a transgender person?
    Or has your pastor already made up your mind for you?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '23 05:41
    @rajk999 said
    I suspect it’s not Josephw’s assumption which he is regurgitating.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 May '23 10:18
    @rajk999 said
    It's about the behavior, the act of immortality, not the person.

Have you forgotten God's moral standard?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 May '23 10:23
    @divegeester said
    But what about a transgender person?
    Or has your pastor already made up your mind for you?
    What about the content of the reference I posted?

You're deflecting.

Perhaps I should let you make up my mind for me?
    One might think you're afraid to let God influence your thinking.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '23 19:10
    @josephw said
    I’m referring precisely to the context you posted. Here’s your context:

“Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.”

No mention of “transgender” persons.

So I’m asking you again… can a transgender person be truly Christian? Yes or no Joseph.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 May '23 20:56
    @josephw said

You're deflecting.

Perhaps I should let you make up my mind for me?
    One might think you're afraid to let God influence your thinking.
    Do you think Jesus would approve of witch-burning?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '23 00:51
    @suzianne said
    Do you think Jesus would approve of witch-burning?
    No one is proposing to engage in "burning" transgender people; such a hyperbolic strawman does not make for a reasonable discussion.

However, if sexual activity by transgender people is classed as "fornication" and is, therefore, in Christian terms categorized as "sinful" behaviour, then I don't see why Jesus would have approved of it while he was alive.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 May '23 20:49
    @divegeester said

Sure you can be Christian! 🙂

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree