Can transgender people be truly Christian?

Can transgender people be truly Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
320d

@josephw said
Deafening
Can a transgender person be truly Christian?

Third time of asking you?

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
320d

@very-rusty said
Sure you can be Christian! 🙂

-VR
I can't believe this all this. People are born and sometimes the genetics were not what they were suppose to be. A woman can feel like she was a boy growing up, and a man when she is older. The right surgery, that girl is now a man with all the hormone therapy and parts to go with it. And since nobody has ever met God or Jesus or the people who wrote the bible, nobody can dispute that the woman grown up now is completely a man. And in reverse a man becoming a woman.

I don't judge anyone and what ever they feel they are then that is what they are. For me that is where the story ends.

Oops.. Sorry Rusty I just noticed I put my reply to you. lol lol My reply has nothing to do with you my apologies.

Moves
320d

@vespin said
I can't believe this all this. People are born and sometimes the genetics were not what they were suppose to be. A woman can feel like she was a boy growing up, and a man when she is older. The right surgery, that girl is now a man with all the hormone therapy and parts to go with it. And since nobody has ever met God or Jesus or the people who wrote the bible, nobody can ...[text shortened]... ty I just noticed I put my reply to you. lol lol My reply has nothing to do with you my apologies.
I agree with the fact that in a very small number of people there is sadly something wrong. This is a gender disorder I’m sure that could be caused by many things. Things like genetic issues, sexual trauma, combinations of different disorders or all of the above. I can feel sympathy and compassion for those truly struggling with and anger towards the political push, those giving it power pushing that this is something normal and should be nurtured in our children as normal and the country. Anyone who disagrees with this very tiny portion of humanity is labeled by them and current culture as kkk and everything else negative you can think of. Not to mention the attacks on Christianity in many directions. You can know God through your personal one on one relationship, prayer, along with the Bible for direction and guidance along with looking at the whole picture. Tech can’t truly create a man into a woman, just alter into a cheap knockoff look a like

A person can change any part they want and think what they want but this isn’t reality it’s a disorder. They may have a body that may look similar or not with the upper done but not lower?? Look at it as a fiberglass kit car you can build like any high end car, it may look similar but everyone knows it’s not the real thing for many reasons and it’s not. It’s very clear it’s not real or natural by God by the fact they can’t procreate, just a small percentage of people suffering and others treating it as normal for gain which does nothing for those dealing with this. Compassion and reality aren’t the same.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
320d
2 edits

@mike69 said
I agree with the fact that in a very small number of people there is sadly something wrong. This is a gender disorder I’m sure that could be caused by many things. Things like genetic issues, sexual trauma, combinations of different disorders or all of the above. I can feel sympathy and compassion for those truly struggling with and anger towards the political push, those g ...[text shortened]... al for gain which does nothing for those dealing with this. Compassion and reality aren’t the same.
Gender dysphoria generally isn't caused by sexual trauma.

I also cannot readily believe that you support people with gender dysphoria. I've seen you call these people mentally disturbed, that they are "pretending", or "making it up" and all sorts of lowbrow insults for them.

Moves
320d

@suzianne said
Gender dysphoria generally isn't caused by sexual trauma.

I also cannot readily believe that you support people with gender dysphoria. I've seen you call these people mentally disturbed, that they are "pretending", or "making it up" and all sorts of lowbrow insults for them.
Link it please and let’s discuss whatever you think you read. Nothing about my logic in the post you want to discuss about your mindset?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
320d

@mike69 said
Link it please and let’s discuss whatever you think you read. Nothing about my logic in the post you want to discuss about your mindset?
My mindset is normal and healthy.

If you want to confess, see your priest.

Moves
320d

@suzianne said
My mindset is normal and healthy.

If you want to confess, see your priest.
Then why does it only truly exist in such a small number of people like you. The rest of the healthy, normal country is being held down and silenced by power hungry hate filled democratic liberals in power. Shouldn’t we help these people rather than affirming them and converting the country? You confuse my empathy for someone suffering with things as I do in different areas and anger towards the stupidity I listed. Why Susie why?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
320d
1 edit

@mike69 said
Then why does it only truly exist in such a small number of people like you. The rest of the healthy, normal country is being held down and silenced by power hungry hate filled democratic liberals in power. Shouldn’t we help these people rather than affirming them and converting the country? You confuse my empathy for someone suffering with things as I do in different areas and anger towards the stupidity I listed. Why Susie why?
Because your mind is too small to grasp that what other people feel is as normal as what you feel. Why do you hold yourself and them to differing standards? Because you fail to put yourself in their place. Isn't this what our Lord tried to get us to see?

"The rest of the healthy, normal country is being held down and silenced by power hungry hate filled democratic liberals in power."

Here it is. This is what I am talking about. Who is "hate-filled"?

Moves
320d

@suzianne said
Because your mind is too small to grasp that what other people feel is as normal as what you feel. Why do you hold yourself and them to differing standards? Because you fail to put yourself in their place. Isn't this what our Lord tried to get us to see?

"The rest of the healthy, normal country is being held down and silenced by power hungry hate filled democratic liberals in power."

Here it is. This is what I am talking about. Who is "hate-filled"?
No Susie judge yourself first and actually think. I judge you by your words and unbalanced thought process. You invent things like a fool, it’s sad for you and logical thinkers like you. Sad and weak do you have anything intelligent to say. Do you see any points I’ve made?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
319d

@divegeester said
Can a transgender person be truly Christian?

Third time of asking you?
Three strikes and you're out.

Define "truly Christian".

F

Moves
319d

@suzianne said
Your mind is too small to grasp that what other people feel is as normal as what you feel.

You appear to be attributing dissenting views to "small minds" that are unable "to grasp" the supposed truth of what you say.

Is anything that anyone feels "normal"? Or is the definition of "normal" yours to assert?

It's "normal" for people to be conservatives and yet you insist that conservatives cannot possibly be followers of Jesus.

When you think about conservatives that seek to follow the commandments and insist that they cannot be Christians, are you "failing to put yourself in their place"?

You fail to put yourself in their place. Isn't this what our Lord tried to get us to see?

Do you believe "our Lord" wanted us to put ourselves in the place of people carrying out abortions, for example, and those engaging in "fornication" - as the Bible defines it - and then justify it as being normal and not "sinful"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
317d

@josephw said
Define "truly Christian".
As I said to you on page 5, Jesus said you shall know them by their fruit. The fruit of the spirit. Those displaying the fruit of the spirit and truly Christian.

So I’ll ask you for a fourth time; based on that definition, can a transgender person we truly Christian?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
317d

@divegeester said
As I said to you on page 5, Jesus said you shall know them by their fruit. The fruit of the spirit. Those displaying the fruit of the spirit and truly Christian.

So I’ll ask you for a fourth time; based on that definition, can a transgender person we truly Christian?
"Based on that definition" can be unfair, because "by that definition", there are a LOT of Christians who are not "truly Christian" as defined by you.

Don't understand why you are trying to sift out transgenders under your definition.

F

Moves
317d

@suzianne said
"Based on that definition" can be unfair, because "by that definition", there are a LOT of Christians who are not "truly Christian" as defined by you.

Don't understand why you are trying to sift out transgenders under your definition.
Does a Christian walking the walk of their faith need to be striving not to "sin"?

Isn't that striving part of the definition of a Christian?

If so, shouldn't a Christian be consciously abstaining from behaviour that is "sinful"?

Surely, one cannot assert that they do not need to abstain because they are "sinners"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
317d

@fmf said
Does a Christian walking the walk of their faith need to be striving not to "sin"?

Isn't that striving part of the definition of a Christian?

If so, shouldn't a Christian be consciously abstaining from behaviour that is "sinful"?

Surely, one cannot assert that they do not need to abstain because they are "sinners"?
Get back to me when you finally unearth what Jesus said about homosexuality.