1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 18:13
    @wajoma said
    There's right and wrong, moral and immoral. Curtailing a persons ability to pursue the education of their choice in order to pay for loan defaulters is both wrong and immoral, whether $30 or $30 billion.
    Libs stifle and curtail our abilities every day. This is why I say often they should just leave us all the hell alone. They are not leaving us alone if they want us to pay for their debts. This sounds so simple that I can’t even wholly grasp it myself. How can something so simple be so easy?
    Hey marauder, if you’re still there, can you simply say that you want us, the taxpayers to pay the debts of others, or do you think it is not a good idea for us the taxpayers to pay the debts of others. Gosh what a simple question, all I need is a yes or no, you would have to love that.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 18:20
    @wajoma said
    There's right and wrong, moral and immoral. Curtailing a persons ability to pursue the education of their choice in order to pay for loan defaulters is both wrong and immoral, whether $30 or $30 billion.
    It's debt owed to the government itself.

Would you make the same argument if the government forgave $30 billion in taxes owed?
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 18:221 edit
    @no1marauder said
    The question now is it in the best interests of the country to forgive at least a portion of the debt. Until you actually get to that question, this discussion is pointless as you haven't really raised any substantive criticism of the policy except to suggest it's not "fair". That's a subjective opinion whereas the benefits of the policy are fairly obvious; it will incre ...[text shortened]... , but $30 billion a year is really an insignificant amount compared to the overall Federal spending.
    1 billion there, 1 billion here. Yeah Marauder is right as usual.
    What’s a few billion. How is it in best interest of country to selectively pay of the deaths of some of the citizens, leaving other citizens in the dust? How is that marauder? And damn, it is indeed a subjective opinion when all of the taxpayers are the subjects. They have every right to decide if it is fair to take their money from them and pay someone else’s debt.
    Maybe we are all talking to a pre-programmed computer, I used to think it might be one of your paralegals, but no Human Could say stuff like this in seriousness.

Edit: so funny that you say the economy will be invigorated with the payment of the student loans. That reminds me of Biden who says that his inflation reduction act was going to reduce inflation. Even if it does go down, it will not be because of his stupid act. You should maybe run for his vice president next.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 18:321 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Libs stifle and curtail our abilities every day. This is why I say often they should just leave us all the hell alone. They are not leaving us alone if they want us to pay for their debts. This sounds so simple that I can’t even wholly grasp it myself. How can something so simple be so easy?
    Hey marauder, if you’re still there, can you simply say that you want us, th ...[text shortened]... ebts of others. Gosh what a simple question, all I need is a yes or no, you would have to love that.
    Your stupid "we v. they" crap is tiresome. Your idea that everybody with student debt is a "lib" is laughably idiotic.

Taxpayers aren't paying their debts; the debts are being partially forgiven. Billions get forgiven by private companies and businesses every year; do you complain that this makes you "pay their debts"? And billions more get liquidated in bankruptcy without the slightest complaint from idiots like yourself.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 18:34
    @averagejoe1 said
    1 billion there, 1 billion here. Yeah Marauder is right as usual.
    What’s a few billion. How is it in best interest of country to selectively pay of the deaths of some of the citizens, leaving other citizens in the dust? How is that marauder? And damn, it is indeed a subjective opinion when all of the taxpayers are the subjects. They have every right to decide if i ...[text shortened]... go down, it will not be because of his stupid act. You should maybe run for his vice president next.
    Seriously, I'm going to ignore your idiotic ramblings from now on; it's a waste of time to "debate" with such an ignorant, brainwashed fool.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 18:58
    @no1marauder said
    Your stupid "we v. they" crap is tiresome. Your idea that everybody with student debt is a "lib" is laughably idiotic.

Taxpayers aren't paying their debts; the debts are being partially forgiven. Billions get forgiven by private companies and businesses every year; do you complain that this makes you "pay their debts"? And billions more get liquidated in bankruptcy without the slightest complaint from idiots like yourself.
    A few clicks back, you say (this money tuition matter is “in the best interest of the country. “
    The common denominator of all of your threads and posts is that someone else should pay the debts of other people. You say that to do that is in the common interest of the country. We would all like for you to elaborate how it is in the common interest of the country for some taxpayers to pay the debts and bills and expenses of other taxpayers. And don’t forget my time-worn adage, some people work harder than others. Now, marauder, would you respond to the simple point that some people are expected to pay the debts of others, it being in the common interest of the country? Jesus.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 20:54
    @no1marauder said

Yet averagejoe worships serial bankrupcy filers like Trump, because he won't pay his debts.
    Oops !! Did I talk about Trump again ??
  8. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 22:30
    @no1marauder said

You're comparing "private companies and businesses" with an institution that can legally compel you to hand over a ten dollar bill, give back 2 dollars worth of services and then call it even.
    You consistently leave out the first relevant link in your chain of reasoning. Where do you think the money given out in student loans comes from? If you say government, where did the government get it? The government is the second (not the first) link in the chain.
    Why is this so hard for you to understand?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 23:16
    @kilroy70 said
    You're comparing "private companies and businesses" with an institution that can legally compel you to hand over a ten dollar bill, give back 2 dollars worth of services and then call it even.
    You consistently leave out the first relevant link in your chain of reasoning. Where do you think the money given out in student loans comes from? If you say government, where did the ...[text shortened]... is the second (not the first) link in the chain.
    Why is it sòoooooooo hard for you to understand that this is a democratic Republic?

The student loan program was created by elected members of Congress. The power to waive or modify the conditions of the debts during an emergency was granted by Congress to the Executive Branch headed by the President. And that President openly campaigned on a policy platform of forgiving some of student loan debt.

The People have spoken; unanimous consent is not required.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 23:24
    @kilroy70 said
    You consistently leave out the first relevant link in your chain of reasoning. Where do you think the money given out in student loans comes from? If you say government, where did the ...[text shortened]... is the second (not the first) link in the chain.
    He is telling us it doesn’t exist. If 1000 of us lived on an island and our tax vault loaned $1000 to Mott, he would pay it to XYZ College for his tuition. Marauder says when they tell him not to pay it back, no harm is done? So, the money went out, XYZ got it. Marauder says to NOT replenish the treasury, suggesting the assets in treasury have not been affected. Yet, the college got the money, from the treasury, through Henry. The treasury is, in fact, $1000 short.
    If Marauder is still here, you will not understand his explanation.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 23:27
    @no1marauder said
    Why is it sòoooooooo hard for you to understand that this is a democratic Republic?

The student loan program was created by elected members of Congress. The power to waive or modify the conditions of the debts during an emergency was granted by Congress to the Executive Branch headed by the President. And that President openly campaigned on a policy platform of forgiving some of student loan debt.

The People have spoken; unanimous consent is not required.
    Let us acknowledge that. Now, what about the $1000 gone from the island treasury?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '22 23:36
    @averagejoe1 said
    Let us acknowledge that. Now, what about the $1000 gone from the island treasury?
    The People of the island decided they didn't need it in the Treasury; that it would be better for the island if the money was left in the debtor's hands.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    13 Nov '22 00:20
    @no1marauder said
    The People of the island decided they didn't need it in the Treasury; that it would be better for the island if the money was left in the debtor's hands.
    But, but, we are $33T in debt. I guess ‘need’ is the key word here,?
    Fine if the island people have done an accounting, and find that they, as you say, do not need it in the treasury.
    The little town I live in this week has a flush treasury as well. They can live loose, no problem. It is their treasury.
    But it is estimated that we will spend $700B on tuition forgiveness. We need that money. We have to fund hundreds of entitlement programs. So we need the money. The island people do not need the money. I hope that is a good answer back to you and thank you for your good answer.
    Your answer that the government does not need the money is patently a non-answer. You see, our government does. Big time.
  14. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    Moves
    13 Nov '22 00:28
    @no1marauder said
    This means what, that all 1000 people on the island 🏝 is (are?) the government? No one works getting firewood, building shelters, fishing, or making coconut cream pies, etc.
    They get things done by passing sea shells around, because sea shells are the currency that represent goods and services and, uh...

You're right, Av Joe. I still don't get it.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '22 00:58
    @averagejoe1 said
    But, but, we are $33T in debt. I guess ‘need’ is the key word here,?
    Fine if the island people have done an accounting, and find that they, as you say, do not need it in the treasury.
    The little town I live in this week has a flush treasury as well. They can live loose, no problem. It is their treasury.
    But it is estimated that we will spend $700B on tuit ...[text shortened]... overnment does not need the money is patently a non-answer. You see, our government does. Big time.
    The last time Republicans were in control of Congress and the Presidency they passed a tax cut that forgoed almost $2 trillion in revenue.

I do not recall you or other right wingers opposing it on the grounds that the government needed the money.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree