73% of tuition recipients will spend to travel and dine

73% of tuition recipients will spend to travel and dine

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
14 Nov 22

@wajoma said
There's no such thing as 'free' in the way you abuse the word. You should use 'state funded' remembering that the state doesn't fund anything without taking it from someone else.

It would be 'free' if it were given free from force and threats of force. It does happen but the more the goobermint takes on the role the less people become free and the less they give freely.

The welfare state kills the noble virtue of genuine benevolence.
You know what I meant.

We all know that people are taxed to pay for essential needs. It has to be that way to fund education and we already do that except for higher education. Rich people can afford higher education so poor people are at a disadvantage. They have to work harder to get good grades if they want to be able to afford an education.

Heath care and education should be a human right. Conservatives bitch about the cost as if they are being robbed, but government has been robbing from the poor to give to the rich. It is time for a more Robin Hood like policy for a change. Besides, it might result in a unified field breakthrough that otherwise will not happen. Some of the most brilliant minds have not gone to college because they cannot afford it.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
14 Nov 22

@metal-brain said
You know what I meant.

We all know that people are taxed to pay for essential needs. It has to be that way to fund education and we already do that except for higher education. Rich people can afford higher education so poor people are at a disadvantage. They have to work harder to get good grades if they want to be able to afford an education.

Heath care and educa ...[text shortened]... not happen. Some of the most brilliant minds have not gone to college because they cannot afford it.
I know what you meant, you meant to distort and dirty up the true meaning of the word 'free'. It's not free unless it is given entirely free from coercion.

Genuine benevolence is a good thing, a virtue and state worshippers want to secondhand the word 'free' to cover their MO, which is force and threats of force.

The other word it looks like you're making a move on is 'right', education is a right only in so far as you have a right to seek it and pursue it, it is not a right when you wish to take away person A's ability fund their own education in order to hand it to person B. That is not your 'right'.

A right is the sovereignty to act without the permission of others.

w

Moves
14 Nov 22

@averagejoe1 said
He will realize that we can’t afford it . Did you see where he says it is not much money? Problem with that reasoning, libs keep spending. He says it like, that will be it. Do you think Marauder just might get behind some new program, maybe a solar panel on every house. Only a few billion.
Naaa he ain’t no DINO, he is the real tamale.
Can't afford it is short sighted. We spend more than $100 billion more on the Pentagon that is completely wasted. It "creates" jobs but flushed down the drain in terms of national security. This was acknowledged by an internal and publicly revealed audit. The discussion should be based on whether or not we give money to young upstarts trying to make their way in the world, or government graft?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
14 Nov 22

@wildgrass said
Can't afford it is short sighted. We spend more than $100 billion more on the Pentagon that is completely wasted. It "creates" jobs but flushed down the drain in terms of national security. This was acknowledged by an internal and publicly revealed audit. The discussion should be based on whether or not we give money to young upstarts trying to make their way in the world, or government graft?
Neither.

MB

Moves
14 Nov 22

@wajoma said
I know what you meant, you meant to distort and dirty up the true meaning of the word 'free'. It's not free unless it is given entirely free from coercion.

Genuine benevolence is a good thing, a virtue and state worshippers want to secondhand the word 'free' to cover their MO, which is force and threats of force.

The other word it looks like you're making a move on is ...[text shortened]... . That is not your 'right'.

A right is the sovereignty to act without the permission of others.
Taxes are not free of coercion. Do you have a problem with all taxes?
I don't agree with property taxes, but I don't have a problem with all taxes. There would be no law enforcement to call. No free (I know, it isn't really free) grade school education. No roads being built and maintained.

Technically it is possible for all of that to be free if you can avoid paying any taxes. You would have to avoid buying anything that is taxed so it would be really hard to do, but it is possible.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
14 Nov 22

@metal-brain said
(I know, it isn't really free)
Then don't say it's free. We'd go round and round for a thousand posts on what should be funded by goobermint ( > > Force < < ) and how it should be funded.

About the best that can happen for now is that you know it's not 'free', you know what it takes to be 'free' (an absence of force, whether threat or actual), and refrain from calling stuff that isn't free 'free', because as far as 'free' goes about all that's left is the meaning of the word.

MB

Moves
14 Nov 22

@wajoma said
Then don't say it's free. We'd go round and round for a thousand posts on what should be funded by goobermint ( > > Force < < ) and how it should be funded.

About the best that can happen for now is that you know it's not 'free', you know what it takes to be 'free' (an absence of force, whether threat or actual), and refrain from calling stuff that isn't free 'free', because as far as 'free' goes about all that's left is the meaning of the word.

You also said nothing is free and that is not true either. Should I nitpick at your inaccurate statements as well?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
14 Nov 22
1 edit

@metal-brain said

You also said nothing is free and that is not true either. Should I nitpick at your inaccurate statements as well?
I have commented on true benevolence and how the state kills it with coercion.

It's your problem if you don't know that benevolence is free from coercion and therefore what is given is 'free'.

Taxes are not free of coercion. (agreed) Do you have a problem with all taxes?

I am very aware of what is and isn't free, and for the 500th time here at RHP and the 2nd time in a few posts on this thread: 'free' is the absence of force, whether freely given or to be free in action. People do give freely in a million different ways, the issue was your misuse of the word 'free' and to which you have, to your credit, acknowledged your mistake. This is far more than can be said of shag doody for brains, kev doody for brains, sonhouse doody for brains, zahlooney doody for brains and No1 dodger.

MB

Moves
14 Nov 22

@wajoma said
I have commented on true benevolence and how the state kills it with coercion.

It's your problem if you don't know that benevolence is free from coercion and therefore what is given is 'free'.

Taxes are not free of coercion. (agreed) Do you have a problem with all taxes?

I am very aware of what is and isn't free, and for the 500th time here at RHP and ...[text shortened]... fferent ways, the issue was your misuse of the word and to which you have acknowledged your mistake.
You already said you know what I meant and then went on to imply it was a deliberate effort to mislead people. That is not the case. People use the term "free" figuratively all of the time.

Nobody thinks taxing people should be free of coercion. That includes you too.
I used to be a libertarian until I realized running everything like a charity was unrealistic. That is just an excuse for the rich to not pay taxes. A society cannot be run on benevolence alone or it will become anarchy. The police would be defunded. Children would not be allowed in school that are from poor families. People would die because they would be denied health care.

Charity is not enough. Libertarians are fooling themselves. Taxes are necessary.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
14 Nov 22
2 edits

@metal-brain said
You already said you know what I meant and then went on to imply it was a deliberate effort to mislead people. That is not the case. People use the term "free" figuratively all of the time.

Nobody thinks taxing people should be free of coercion. That includes you too.
I used to be a libertarian until I realized running everything like a charity was unrealistic. That ...[text shortened]... ed health care.

Charity is not enough. Libertarians are fooling themselves. Taxes are necessary.
You misused the word free, you acknowledged the mistake, my work is done.

metal brain: "I used to be a libertarian..."

Until you found it was more fun power tripping on reluctant citizens and getting your hands on their property. In case you didn't know if you're an advocate for public health you've signed on for the clot shot because the public health system was their number one justification for forcing it on everyone, enjoy the taste of that boot, try not to be a hypocrite.

MB

Moves
14 Nov 22

@wajoma said
You misused the word free, you acknowledged the mistake, my work is done.

metal brain: "I used to be a libertarian..."

Until you found it was more fun power tripping on reluctant citizens and getting your hands on their property. In case you didn't know if you're an advocate for public health you've signed on for the clot shot because the public health system wa ...[text shortened]... e justification for forcing it on everyone, enjoy the taste of that boot, try not to be a hypocrite.
You are being silly.

It is for none of those reasons you made up. I found out unregulated capitalism leads to fascism. That is why. That is why my country is a fascist state. Unregulated capitalism leads to severe wealth inequality and that leads to fascism.

Anyway, this debate is over.
U.S. District Judge Mark Pittman, a Trump appointee, ruled on Thursday that Biden’s debt relief program is “an unconstitutional exercise of Congress’s legislative power and must be vacated.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/10/judge-strikes-student-debt-relief-00066413

I have no idea why it was ruled unconstitutional, but I'm sure Biden knew it would get struck down and the timing was a little too convenient since the election was over before the ruling.

https://rumble.com/v1tsqik-court-blocks-bidens-student-debt-relief-as-unconstitutional.html

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
14 Nov 22

@metal-brain said
You are being silly.

It is for none of those reasons you made up. I found out unregulated capitalism leads to fascism. That is why. That is why my country is a fascist state. Unregulated capitalism leads to severe wealth inequality and that leads to fascism.

Anyway, this debate is over.
U.S. District Judge Mark Pittman, a Trump appointee, ruled on Thursday that B ...[text shortened]... ling.

https://rumble.com/v1tsqik-court-blocks-bidens-student-debt-relief-as-unconstitutional.html
Libertarianism leads to Fascism.

Let's face it no one comes here to have their mind changed, I'm here for the larfs and today it's metal brain delivering.

MB

Moves
14 Nov 22

@wajoma said
Libertarianism leads to Fascism.

Let's face it no one comes here to have their mind changed, I'm here for the larfs and today it's metal brain delivering.
The reason is perfectly logical. Some people are so wealthy they can buy off politicians for a fraction of their overall wealth. Now that the USA is a plutocracy we have corporatism and that is basically fascism. This is a corporate welfare state. That is what fascism is. That and nationalism and we invade countries all of the time so the USA is nationalist.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
14 Nov 22
1 edit

@metal-brain said
The reason is perfectly logical. Some people are so wealthy they can buy off politicians for a fraction of their overall wealth. Now that the USA is a plutocracy we have corporatism and that is basically fascism. This is a corporate welfare state. That is what fascism is. That and nationalism and we invade countries all of the time so the USA is nationalist.
Please take some time to digest this quote from P J O Rourke because it speaks to your post exactly:

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation the first to be bought and sold are the legislators"

Or in other words if pollies have got nothing to sell they can't be bought.

As for wars check out the Libertarian Party policy on foreign military intervention. I don't think you ever were a Libertarian, the control freak is there just below the skin.

MB

Moves
14 Nov 22
1 edit

@wajoma said
Please take some time to digest this quote from P J O Rourke because it speaks to your post exactly:

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation the first to be bought and sold are the legislators"

Or in other words if pollies have got nothing to sell they can't be bought.

As for wars check out the Libertarian Party policy on foreign military intervention. I don't think you ever were a Libertarian, the control freak is there just below the skin.
It was the Libertarian Party policy on foreign military intervention that I found appealing about them back then. That and the end of the war on drugs which is just to make them more profitable to deal them.

It is only the economic policies that are stupid about the libertarians. The social policies are sensible for the most part. The dumbest economic policy they have is their desire to eliminate antitrust laws. The are the pro monopoly party. That is what the Koch brothers love about that. They are not libertarians for the social policies.

Did P J O Rourke know the legislators have already been bought?