1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 13:22
    @no1marauder said
    That definition is useless for our discussion; no one objects to anyone owning a toothbrush which would fit it.
    But you and Karl object to one owning a piece of real estate?
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 13:281 edit
    @athousandyoung said
    The Democrats have consistently brought down deficit spending over the last few decades which is necessary to reduce the debt don’t let the MAGA propaganda fool you
    It becomes increasingly difficult to field so many incorrect liberal posts. I hope Thousand has not gone off to Frisbee in the park, so that he will learn the facts from this fact. Geez O Mighty. You fellers are so confused.

https://republicans-budget.house.gov/press-release/fact-check-biden-brags-about-deficit-reduction-while-adding-nearly-10-trillion-in-new-spending/
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 13:511 edit
    @metal-brain said
    @AverageJoe1
    It will probably be taken to the SCOTUS.
    A lower court ruled it unconstitutional, but I don't see why it would be. I get a tax refund every year and it is more than taxes withheld. If student loan relief is unconstitutional then the child tax credit is unconstitutional. It is an obvious contradiction.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/0bd7d5f6-6ee5-33bb-a38c-5c68c8124937/student-loan-cancellation-in.html
    Yes, SCOTUS has to review this. I am not versed on child credit, but we an assume this has passed the house and is thus within Constitutional limits.
    That probably means SCOTUS will send it back and say a law has to be made.....like the child credit. I guess I am too logical, too much common sense? Confuses the 'We Want It Now' libs.
    Alas, they will win in the end. Did you see then Biden skipped the G-30 breakfast in Indonesia. Just another example of libs in another world. I dont like Biden as much as I did Lincoln.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 16:55
    wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_public_debt

Debt held by the public relative to GDP rose rapidly again in the 1980s. President Ronald Reagan's economic policies lowered tax rates (Reagan slashed the top income tax rate from 70% to 28%, although bills passed in 1982 and 1984 later partially reversed those tax cuts.)[26][28] and increased military spending, while congressional Democrats blocked cuts to social programs.[24][26][28] As a result, debt as a share of GDP increased from 26.2% in 1980 to 40.9% in 1988,[27] and it continued to rise during the presidency of George H. W. Bush, reaching 48.3% of GDP in 1992.[18][29]

Gross US Federal Debt as a Percentage of GDP, by political party of President
    Debt held by the public reached a high of 49.5% of GDP at the beginning of President Clinton's first term. However, it fell to 34.5% of GDP by the end of Clinton's presidency due in part to decreased military spending, increased taxes (in 1990, 1993 and 1997), and increased tax revenue resulting from the 1990s boom.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 17:151 edit
    @athousandyoung said

Debt held by the public relative to GDP rose rapidly again in the 1980s. President Ronald Reagan's economic policies lowered tax rates (Reagan slashed the top income tax rate from 70% to 28%, although bills passed in 1982 and 1984 later partially reversed those tax cuts.)[26][28] and increased milit ...[text shortened]... sed taxes (in 1990, 1993 and 1997), and increased tax revenue resulting from the 1990s boom.
    ? Is that you, Marauder? No direct response? Just tomes off of google?
    You are saying in a roundabout way that Biden is not increasing it? He has pulled everything up to a full stop?
    But, my article, that I posted......................
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 20:48
    @metal-brain said
    Wealth inequality is why super wealthy people control government. Libertarians want to make that worse. Not all of their social stances are good either. They want open borders more than democrats. They would like to eliminate social security to end the income tax, but that is not even possible since the national debt is too high.

Few people care about the national deb ...[text shortened]... argue it will save lives killing mosquitos that carry malaria. The environment is not their concern.
    Super wealthy people control goobermint because the pollies have something to sell i.e. political power. Remove political power and the pollies have got nothing to sell, super wealthy people have got nothing to buy.

You're an advocate for state health care, you're an advocate for mega corporations influencing goobermint. You're an advocate for exactly what you claim to oppose.

Look at the drama of the last 3 years, try to put 2 and 2 together.

LP has no direct policy on DDT, your scatter gun post going in 5 different directions is a common diversion ploy.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 Nov '22 23:27
    @wajoma said
    Super wealthy people control goobermint because the pollies have something to sell i.e. political power. Remove political power and the pollies have got nothing to sell, super wealthy people have got nothing to buy.

You're an advocate for state health care, you're an advocate for mega corporations influencing goobermint. You're an advocate for exactly what you claim to ...[text shortened]... ect policy on DDT, your scatter gun post going in 5 different directions is a common diversion ploy.
    I'm not taking sides, but one cannot ignore that rich people can get what they want. So, what is a more zeroed-on issue about that? I know some here want to get 95% of their money, ala Eliz warren, so what is the issue. BTW it is shown that their total net worth would run the country for 75 days.
    And do you want to lose these people?
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    16 Nov '22 00:48
    @averagejoe1 said
    But you and Karl object to one owning a piece of real estate?
    Don't leave!!!
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '22 05:57
    @wajoma said

You're an advocate for state health care, you're an advocate for mega corporations influencing goobermint. You're an advocate for exactly what you claim to ...[text shortened]... ect policy on DDT, your scatter gun post going in 5 different directions is a common diversion ploy.
    "you're an advocate for mega corporations influencing goobermint."

That is not true and you know it.
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Nov '22 06:25
    @metal-brain said
    "you're an advocate for mega corporations influencing goobermint."

That is not true and you know it.
    That's the natural outcome of goobermint run healthcare. Their main excuse for coming down on citizens, coercing the juice, forcing masks, closing businesses, shutting people in their homes, ruining lives and giving untold billions to mega corporations was the public health care system.

That is who the state run healthcare system deal with, the mega corps, they made them, and if you're and advocate for state run healthcare, maybe unknowingly, but I don't see how anyone could be so blind, then you're an advocate for the mega drug corporations.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    16 Nov '22 16:00
    @wajoma said
    That's the natural outcome of goobermint run healthcare. Their main excuse for coming down on citizens, coercing the juice, forcing masks, closing businesses, shutting people in their homes, ruining lives and giving untold billions to mega corporations was the public health care system.

That is who the state run healthcare system deal with, the mega corps, they made them ...[text shortened]... ut I don't see how anyone could be so blind, then you're an advocate for the mega drug corporations.
    That is a good point , consider, how horrible it would be if the government was running, everything in our health world, given that they are already doing all of that just now without such license, freedom to tell us what the hell to do . Hell, this could lead to spreading wealth around. The death knell of the USA.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '22 04:46
    @athousandyoung said

Debt held by the public relative to GDP rose rapidly again in the 1980s. President Ronald Reagan's economic policies lowered tax rates (Reagan slashed the top income tax rate from 70% to 28%, although bills passed in 1982 and 1984 later partially reversed those tax cuts.)[26][28] and increased milit ...[text shortened]... sed taxes (in 1990, 1993 and 1997), and increased tax revenue resulting from the 1990s boom.
    Scared to Debt: America's Student Loan Scam

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10146316/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

It is a documentary I stumbled upon when I was trying to find out more about Catherine Austin Fitts who is in this film along with Ralph Nader.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree