1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 17:42
    @kilroy70 said
    China has government funded centers for re-education. It seems to work for accomplishing the Chinese governments goals, so maybe it could work for us as well.

What do you think, comrade? In time we might be able to completely eradicate all right wing news sources.
    By God you're right; that's exactly the same as giving students financial assistance so they can attend public and/or private universities
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 17:48
    @kevcvs57 said
    But they are exactly the same why were corporations given tax breaks that they couldn’t possibly of anticipated, if I had know about the tax breaks I might have started a corporation.
    Just trying to get you to see how utterly stupid your stance is Joe we pay our money and make our choices.
    My point about apprenticeships was deadly serious though
    Luck of the draw? Be it students or corporations, no argument there. But you see, you have gotten away from this issue, which is Joe Biden wakes up one day and says, think I will get a pen and paper and pay off tuitions of people who have college loans. Just out of the effing blue, no thought given to any other needy segments of society. That is the issue. So, Luck of The Draw for college students. You zombies follow Biden’s illogical thinking and say go for it Biden. We on the other hand think it is quite unfair, and we cannot bring you to admit it here on this forum.
    This is an example of a post, which you will not coherently reply to in a studied manner. Or in another way to say it, you don’t answer questions.
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 18:02
    @wajoma said
    As accessible as Hazlitt tried to make his economics alas it is still over kevs head. :^/
    You can't explain the complex phenomena of the world with fortune cookie quotes and single-paragraph children's parables. Of course, you'd need a hardware upgrade under that welder's mask to understand this.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 18:06
    @averagejoe1 said
    Soothfast...It would indeed certainly be more fair. You libs like fair. Right now, only people in college get this free money to do with as they will.
    Sounds like you'd be in favor of some new federal programs to help other classes of folks out. Great. What do you have in mind?
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 18:11
    @no1marauder said
    By God you're right; that's exactly the same as giving students financial assistance so they can attend public and/or private universities
    From whence does the statement “giving students financial assistance” emanate, and secondly, why do you say ‘assistance’? Don’t you actually mean free money? Why don’t you tell it like it is?
    You take me the fool?!?😜
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 18:161 edit
    @soothfast said
    Sounds like you'd be in favor of some new federal programs to help other classes of folks out. Great. What do you have in mind?
    No, our coffers are stressed. No more new programs. Just restructure the way we are spending the money we have now. You are probably not aware, but 80% of all US dollars in existence were printed in the last 22 months, during Biden’s term. Ha, and y’all say he does not have anything to do with inflation. Anyway, yes, there are many more needy sections of our society, like men who fought for our country, and have lost their limbs and eyesight, and of course will never work.
    Then there are the 40 million in this country who truly need support, which we could do if you people would quit trying to spend money in the way that you are suggesting on this thread.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 18:21
    @soothfast said
    You can't explain the complex phenomena of the world with fortune cookie quotes and single-paragraph children's parables. Of course, you'd need a hardware upgrade under that welder's mask to understand this.
    But Marauder explains EVERYTHING cut and dry, with just a few sentences. One gets the feeling he is saying for us to shut up and listen and follow.
    It is very easy for him to speak like that with a Marxist philosophy. Cast common sense to the side of the road and March on. He will have my great grandchildren, dressed in the same shirts, and there will certainly be a required salute.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 18:34
    @averagejoe1 said
    Luck of the draw? Be it students or corporations, no argument there. But you see, you have gotten away from this issue, which is Joe Biden wakes up one day and says, think I will get a pen and paper and pay off tuitions of people who have college loans. Just out of the effing blue, no thought given to any other needy segments of society. That is the issue. So, Luck of T ...[text shortened]... ot coherently reply to in a studied manner. Or in another way to say it, you don’t answer questions.
    Actually, he actively campaigned on the idea. People who hated it could have voted for someone else.

"Elections have consequences" someone said.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 19:36
    @averagejoe1 said
    From whence does the statement “giving students financial assistance” emanate, and secondly, why do you say ‘assistance’? Don’t you actually mean free money? Why don’t you tell it like it is?
    You take me the fool?!?😜
    Yes, I do.

Money is an artificial concept; what do you mean by "free money"?

In this case, the university is getting paid to provide a service. The People have decided the benefits of providing that service far outweigh the cost and are willing to subsidize those who cannot afford the service provided.

Again if you don't like the idea, vote for those who would end all higher education assistance from public funds.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 19:38
    @no1marauder said
    Actually, he actively campaigned on the idea. People who hated it could have voted for someone else.

"Elections have consequences" someone said.
    The issue then: why would anyone vote for that, and exhibit disinterest in other more needy groups of people.
    Pretty simple question. When you fellows will not answer. You literally will not say that. It would be better to help our veterans than these people who are coming out of college , a great life before them. Why don’t you say that. You know I am right.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 19:43
    @no1marauder said
    Yes, I do.

Money is an artificial concept; what do you mean by "free money"?

In this case, the university is getting paid to provide a service. The People have decided the benefits of providing that service far outweigh the cost and are willing to subsidize those who cannot afford the service provided.

Again if you don't like the idea, vote for those who would end all higher education assistance from public funds.
    Jesus. I vote for the service of loaning money for college. We all agree. Who is arguing that? The issue is that when these loans are made, you don’t want them to have to pay the loans back. I want them to have to pay the loan back.
    One of us, Marauder, is making more common and logical sense than the other.

Google loans and repayment thereof. Then look up exceptions thereto.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 19:44
    Are you aware that people are reading your posts?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 20:04
    @averagejoe1 said
    Jesus. I vote for the service of loaning money for college. We all agree. Who is arguing that? The issue is that when these loans are made, you don’t want them to have to pay the loans back. I want them to have to pay the loan back.
    One of us, Marauder, is making more common and logical sense than the other.

Google loans and repayment thereof. Then look up exceptions thereto.
    Why don't you? Creditors reduce outstanding loan amounts all the time; heck, a bankruptcy court can wipe out all of someone's debt.

Are you really so dense you don't know this?
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 20:05
    @averagejoe1 said
    Are you aware that people are reading your posts?
    Are you aware that you're an insufferable idiot?
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 20:29
    @no1marauder said
    Why don't you? Creditors reduce outstanding loan amounts all the time; heck, a bankruptcy court can wipe out all of someone's debt.

Are you really so dense you don't know this?
    But this does not change the concept. A guy borrows money. You support a movement to relieve them, Willy Billy, from the debt.
    Your post here points out remedies, debt relief, bkrptcy,, but fact remains you are quite liberal to do do this when there are alternative ways to spend this money for people that really need it.
    In all of these posts, you have never want to come in about the inequity of that. Go ahead and talk to your circles and throw in bankruptcy court, etc. but what I’m saying is what it is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree