1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 03:18
    @averagejoe1 said
    Just quoting the poll. You are right, they will spend it wisely, no one is going to the waste the money, they will do what Joe wants them to do. Nailed me on that one.
    You really are not making any sense. Are you having a mini-stroke or something?
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 03:21
    @no1marauder said
    As I already showed, the benefits of the student loan forgiveness program flow mostly to the middle and working classes.

As I already showed, the cost of the program is chump change compared to total Federal spending.
    I just had to go back a few clicks and read this one again. A classic!
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 03:22
    @averagejoe1 said
    Just quoting the poll. You are right, they will spend it wisely, no one is going to the waste the money, they will do what Joe wants them to do. Nailed me on that one. But gettin a little personal , are ya'? Hey, do you think we prob should have instead used it to pay off mortgages of legless veterans with families who have to help him do everything? Soothfast? And after answering , feel free to ask me a question ..
    The poll found that 73% of student loan forgiveness recipients are going to the Caribbean?

And isn't your talk of "legless veterans" changing the subject? You're all over the place, alternating between changing the subject and accusing other of changing the subject. It's like you're on an acid trip gone bad.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 03:29
    @soothfast said
    The poll found that 73% of student loan forgiveness recipients are going to the Caribbean?

And isn't your talk of "legless veterans" changing the subject? You're all over the place, alternating between changing the subject and accusing other of changing the subject. It's like you're on an acid trip gone bad.
    Travel. They said travel. Sorry, man, what a stupid I am. Oh, and it said 'and dining' you must have not read it. Logically, then, they would not use it all on travel, would they?
    Hey, does Joe they would use some of the money for tattoos? Downer. Taxpayer money to pay for their tattoos. You libs absolutely do not get this thread.
    You have lost this thread. Try changing over to Jan 6.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 03:33
    @averagejoe1 said
    Travel. They said travel. Sorry, man, what a stupid I am. Oh, and it said 'and dining' you must have not read it. Logically, then, they would not use it all on travel, would they?
    Hey, does Joe they would use some of the money for tattoos? Downer. Taxpayer money to pay for their tattoos. You libs absolutely do not get this thread.
    You have lost this thread. Try changing over to Jan 6.
    I'm 100% on topic. The loan forgiveness program was projected to put money back into the economy in any number of ways, including wining, dining, and traveling. Why can't you wrap even one brain cell around this very basic idea?

The Fox article in your OP is actually screaming that the program is working as intended. You are too dense to see this, being blinded by your rage and prejudices.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 03:37
    @soothfast said
    I'm 100% on topic. The loan forgiveness program was projected to put money back into the economy in any number of ways, including wining, dining, and traveling. Why can't you wrap even one brain cell around this very basic idea?

The Fox article in your OP is actually screaming that the program is working as intended. You are too dense to see this, being blinded by your rage and prejudices.
    Why not drop money out of helicopters then. Same result.
    You just think student loans are a preferable charity, that is all.

Why not forgive people's medical bills? That would put money back into the economy.
  7. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 03:41
    @metal-brain said
    Why not drop money out of helicopters then. Same result.
    You just think student loans are a preferable charity, that is all.

Why not forgive people's medical bills? That would put money back into the economy.
    You really think dropping cash out of helicopters will achieve the same results as the student loan forgiveness program? Do you have an 8-bit brain or something? Because that is remarkably unnuanced thinking.

But yeah, I get it, you're trolling for attention. You can get that just waving your willy at the bus station, so get going.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:08
    @soothfast said
    You really think dropping cash out of helicopters will achieve the same results as the student loan forgiveness program? Do you have an 8-bit brain or something? Because that is remarkably unnuanced thinking.

But yeah, I get it, you're trolling for attention. You can get that just waving your willy at the bus station, so get going.
    If it is the same amount, yes. Absolutely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_money
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:38
    @metal-brain said
    If it is the same amount, yes. Absolutely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_money
    Sometimes I wonder if you're playing at being a parody of a conspiracist.
  10. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:491 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Hilariously in this case the government is foregoing taking money from private citizens yet you are so ignorant that you think this is some expansion of government power.
    "the government is foregoing taking money from private citizens"

What, our money isn't good enough anymore? Okay, fine. If the government doesn't want my money I'll just give it to someone else...
    or toss it into a lake.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:59
    @kilroy70 said
    "the government is foregoing taking money from private citizens"

What, our money isn't good enough anymore? Okay, fine. If the government doesn't want my money I'll just give it to someone else...
    or toss it into a lake.
    Same as a tax cut; the government is saying it will take less from the People.

I thought you guys liked tax cuts?
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 04:59
    @soothfast said
    Sometimes I wonder if you're playing at being a parody of a conspiracist.
    Are you calling Ben Bernanke a conspiracy theorist?

Are you claiming it matters who you give the money to if your only goal is to stimulate the economy? It may be better to give the money to poor people instead of wealthy people, but the 1.9 trillion stimulus package went mostly to wealthy people. 90%

You don't know much about economics, do you?
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 05:07
    @metal-brain said

Are you claiming it matters who you give the money to if your only goal is to stimulate the economy? It may be better to give the money to poor people instead of wealthy people, but the 1.9 trillion stimulus package went mostly to wealthy people. 90%

Is that counting the billions that went to mega corporation drug companies for the experimental untested seizure syrup?
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 05:12
    @metal-brain said

I didn't look at your link. I just think you're a joke.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '22 05:14
    @Soothfast
    "I didn't look at your link."

That is why you don't know what you are talking about. It is called willful ignorance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree