73% of tuition recipients will spend to travel and dine

73% of tuition recipients will spend to travel and dine

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
11 Nov 22

@no1marauder said
Your capitalist economic system and the institution of private property couldn't exist without the State.

Anarcho-capitalism is virulent stupidity.
Shut it No 1. No one has any idea what in the hell you are talking about. Uhh, are you on issue? Why not? Why not? Why not, Marauder? Why not on the idea of giving all this money to dr grads who will run off to Paris before starting their lucrative practices? And you will be the one to bitch about their riches win a couple of years. I hope they get rich as hell.

Lake Como

Moves
11 Nov 22

@zahlanzi said
he is dumb enough to imagine they will quit their jobs and go on year long bachanalias and engage in all matter of debaucheries. Rather than what's really going to happen ie "I am taking the first vacation in 10 years because i couldn't bloody afford it until now".

He is also enough of a hypocrite that he sees no problem sticking his nose into other people's business of ...[text shortened]... the same to him.

He has many layers of awful, he is not just one kind. An awful layerd crap cake.
zzzzzz. you are going to lose this thread

Lake Como

Moves
11 Nov 22

@no1marauder said
A book on economics by a guy who wasn't an economist and, in fact, only briefly attended college.

Impressive.

It's too bad that the student loan program wasn't in effect when Hazlitt was young; he might have been able to afford to get an education and probably wouldn't have adopted such crackpot ideas.
What are you talking about? Did you see the OP above. Jesus Christ. I sure miss Sonhouse.

Lake Como

Moves
11 Nov 22

@no1marauder said
Student loan debt is owed to the government not to any private businesses. In this case, student loan foregiveness is like a targeted middle class tax cut.
Marauder is saying there will be no cost to any entity when these monthly loan payments from the losers do not show up. This is the more unvelievable thread I have ever seen on the Forum.

Lake Como

Moves
11 Nov 22

@no1marauder said
Hilariously in this case the government is foregoing taking money from private citizens yet you are so ignorant that you think this is some expansion of government power.
"./...taking money from private citizens.................................

Lake Como

Moves
11 Nov 22

@wajoma said
AKA "The Broken Window Fallacy"

During the night a vandal smashes the window of the bakery, the people of the town stand around tsk, tsking how bad it is, then the town ijit Roughslow speaks up, it's not so bad, think of the glazier, he's going have new business repairing the window, and then there's the glass manufacturer, and all the suppliers to the glass manufacturer, t ...[text shortened]... on who smashed the bakers window.

Get your head straight: Henry Hazlitt "Economics in One Lesson"
Beautiful, and analogies are king. But libs have no mind to understand their meanings. This one is perfect, their responses will be silly and not to the point, thus ruining the 'Fun of The Forum'.

Lake Como

Moves
11 Nov 22
3 edits

@soothfast said
Actually, dumbass, this was one of the very arguments in favor of the student loan forgiveness program: it was projected that it would result in an infusion of money for goods and services, thereby buoying the economy, increasing tax revenue, and raising all boats.

Jesus, you are a hopeless dolt.
Please refer to Wajoma's Broken Window Fallacy, Post #3 herein.

YOU , are a fallacy., The ultimate mindless lib with no capacity for logic, common sense or rationale. Oh, and economic sense. You fit right in there with Marauder. I am going to start naming you fellers Jester #2 and #3. We already retired #1's jersey, after he was bombasted away.

Had fun on Wall Street today, but watching this idiots is (almost) more fun. We are killing you. I suggest you go on about the craft of changing subjects of threads.

Planet Rain

Moves
11 Nov 22

@averagejoe1 said
Please refer to Wajoma's Broken Window Fallacy, Post #3 herein.

YOU , are a fallacy., The ultimate mindless lib with no capacity for logic, common sense or rationale. Oh, and economic sense. You fit right in there with Marauder. I am going to start naming you fellers Jester #2 and #3. We already retired #1's jersey, after he was bombasted away.
I've told you that the program is working precisely as intended, as even your Fox source makes clear, and you choose to hide behind the skirt of some simple-minded parable that somebody else has interjected.

Noted.

Planet Rain

Moves
11 Nov 22

@averagejoe1 said

Had fun on Wall Street today, but watching this idiots is (almost) more fun. We are killing you. I suggest you go on about the craft of changing subjects of threads.
Are you finished yet with the edits?

Because I want to point out that Wall Street did indeed breathe a sigh of relief when it became clear that Democrats held the line and prevented you maniacs from throttling the nation.

If you only care for your wallet then you might want to ponder that awhile.

Lake Como

Moves
11 Nov 22

@soothfast said
I've told you that the program is working precisely as intended, as even your Fox source makes clear, and you choose to hide behind the skirt of some simple-minded parable that somebody else has interjected.

Noted.
Let me get this straight...Do you not get the point of this thread? The whole point is that it was INTENDED to help people pay off mortgages with money that would otherwise be used to pay off the loans.
Are you with me, Soothfast? Biden said that. They ran his speech today with those and other words. So, we agree on the intention, since Biden said it.
But 73% of the losers, who will be rich in 5 years, are going to the Caribbean and hanging out, while my sheet-rock installer will be in my house at 7AM tomorrow.
So, Soothfast, the money will NOT BE USED for its intended purpose. I have never see you libs get your ass kicked as much as you are on this thread.

Lake Como

Moves
11 Nov 22

@soothfast said
Are you finished yet with the edits?

Because I want to point out that Wall Street did indeed breathe a sigh of relief when it became clear that Democrats held the line and prevented you maniacs from throttling the nation.

If you only care for your wallet then you might want to ponder that awhile.
This thread is not about the Democrats holding the line and preventing anyone from doing anything. Idiot.
Bring it Soothfast. I just suggested that you fellers might want to change the subject.......and you DID!!! Geez.

Lake Como

Moves
11 Nov 22
1 edit

@AverageJoe1. Soothfast is so rattled that he suggests Edits are a no-no? Has he never edited?

Edit: Here is a link on Biden not changing his downward spiral.

https://townhall.com/columnists/jonathanemord/2022/11/10/biden-impervious-to-change-n2615751

Planet Rain

Moves
11 Nov 22

@averagejoe1 said
Let me get this straight...Do you not get the point of this thread? The whole point is that it was INTENDED to help people pay off mortgages with money that would otherwise be used to pay off the loans.
Are you with me, Soothfast? Biden said that. They ran his speech today with those and other words. So, we agree on the intention, since Biden said it.
But 73% of ...[text shortened]... intended purpose. I have never see you libs get your ass kicked as much as you are on this thread.
A snippet from a Biden speech is evidently all the schooling about the program you ever bothered to undertake. More fool you. It was wholly anticipated that many folks whose student loan was (partially) forgiven would go out and buy things. Some may pay off their mortgage. Pretty simple, really.

It was not a requirement that somebody have a mortgage to get some loan forgiveness, which should have been a clue to you that the program was never about just paying off mortgages.

So, now who's the one who can't use logic?

Maybe Wajoma will share his crayons with you.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Nov 22

@metal-brain said
Not if government pays it. Who said anything about private creditors paying it. You know they would never do that.
That would be $887 billion the government would have to pay in one shot. https://www.lendingtree.com/credit-cards/credit-card-debt-statistics/

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Nov 22

@averagejoe1 said
Marauder is saying there will be no cost to any entity when these monthly loan payments from the losers do not show up. This is the more unvelievable thread I have ever seen on the Forum.
I'm sorry to see you're too stupid to understand the complexities of this, or virtually any other, issue.