@fmf said
    What "hatred"?
    Asking if this the case
  2. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 01:21
    @fmf said
    If you think it's pointless, don't do it.
    Your motives then. I feel sorry for you, and your in my prayers.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 01:38
    @mike69

Abide, abide, abide. 😉
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 04:541 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Does petty, localized blabbing and interrogation of others hold more value for your harsh little transitory ego than the Sublime Light of Christ?
    Go to bed and sleep it off.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 05:19
    @mike69 said
    Asking if this the case
    You mean you were 'just asking' a Tucker Carlson type question?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 05:21
    @mike69 said
    Your motives then. I feel sorry for you, and your in my prayers.
    Which of my motives makes you feel sorry for me? Remember, it is you who is suggesting that debate / discussion / disagreement is "pointless", not me.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 09:41
    @fmf said
    All we are doing here is sharing our personal perspectives, KellyJay. In the course of doing that, it's hardly surprising that we disagree over things. What is it you want me to do, agree with your opinions, is that what you're on about?
    As I said, you do more than that; you judge everyone else's opinion marginalizing
    them, making them no more than just an opinion, avoiding the context of the
    subject matter truthfulness, instead focusing on the speaker as this very statement
    of yours does yet again. If we discussed the points of disagreement, that would be
    one thing, but to say that is your opinion as if that is an answer to anything said, is
    to discuss the speaker, not the content, as you do continually.

You also don't hold yourself to that standard, because you declare with certainty
    absolutes, telling everyone what they can and cannot know.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 10:141 edit
    @kellyjay said
    As I said, you do more than that; you judge everyone else's opinion marginalizing
    them, making them no more than just an opinion, avoiding the context of the
    subject matter truthfulness, instead focusing on the speaker as this very statement
    of yours does yet again.
    We all share our perspectives and we consider and evaluate them; that is the nature of a discussion forum.

I do not avoid the "truthfulness" of anything; you are being silly.

If you feel you are "marginalized", so be it; that's a matter for you.

I understand - and do not object to - how you are very determinedly trying to personalize the discussion, but it's more than a little ironic [as well as hypocritical] that you wrap up doing so by complaining about "focusing on the speaker".
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 10:17
    @kellyjay said
    You also don't hold yourself to that standard, because you declare with certainty
    absolutes, telling everyone what they can and cannot know.
    I hold myself to my own standard which is the same standard that I expect from others. I am confident about the things I propagate. I accept that my opinions are subjective. I do not claim they are "absolute" truths. It's as if you are pretending not to have read any of my posts.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 10:25
    @kellyjay said
    If we discussed the points of disagreement, that would be
    one thing, but to say that is your opinion as if that is an answer to anything said, is
    to discuss the speaker, not the content, as you do continually.
    We do discuss the points of disagreement, or at least we were doing so until you bailed out - a month or two ago - and went into this current mode you are in, where you are pretending that talking about my supposed personal shortcomings INSTEAD of discussing the points of disagreement will be disguised by your incessant exhibitions of manufactured dudgeon and umbrage.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 10:38
    @fmf said
    We do discuss the points of disagreement, or at least we were doing so until you bailed out - a month or two ago - and went into this current mode you are in, where you are pretending that talking about my supposed personal shortcomings INSTEAD of discussing the points of disagreement will be disguised by your incessant exhibitions of manufactured dudgeon and umbrage.
    Can you avoid saying that is just an opinion, or that is just faith speech, or all of your other marginalizing verbiage and just stay on topic?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 11:021 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Can you avoid saying that is just an opinion, or that is just faith speech, or all of your other marginalizing verbiage and just stay on topic?
    The problem is, KellyJay, that your certainty that your opinions are "absolute truths" is not evidence that supports your claims. Your sincerity is not evidence. Your earnestness is not evidence.

The ONLY posts of yours that I refer to as slabs of generic faith speech are the ones where, INSTEAD of tackling an observation or question or opinion head-on, you just type a load of stuff about what you believe that doesn't address the post you are replying to and then you pretend that it does. When you resort to rhetorical gimmicks of this kind, it will be called out.

As I say, if, in the course of propagating your theist ideology, you feel "belittled" or "marginalized" because of the difficulty you have defending or explaining your stances, then that is a matter for you, not me.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 11:37
    @fmf said
    The problem is, KellyJay, that your certainty that your opinions are "absolute truths" is not evidence that supports your claims. Your sincerity is not evidence. Your earnestness is not evidence.

The ONLY posts of yours that I refer to as slabs of generic faith speech are the ones where, INSTEAD of tackling an observation or question or opinion head-on, you just ...[text shortened]... the difficulty you have defending or explaining your stances, then that is a matter for you, not me.
    Thank you for proving my point.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 12:32
    @kellyjay said
    Thank you for proving my point.
    I am just responding to your self-pitying, evasive nonsense.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 14:06
    @fmf said
    I am just responding to your self-pitying, evasive nonsense.
    That is your normal pattern, just as I said.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree