1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 17:29
    @kellyjay said
    Why?
    For the reason I gave in reply to Philokalia asking the same question.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 17:33
    @fmf said
    Like you and everyone else here, all I have are opinions and, yes, I feel certainty [to varying degrees] about them. This affects how I "talk". You also "talk with certainty on the subject" about your beliefs.
    No, you declare how everyone’s views should be viewed, as nothing but opinions limiting their opinions as only meaningful as everyone else’s opinions. Except for your opinion because you hold yourself in such high regard, being better than others.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 17:41
    @kellyjay said
    No, you declare how everyone’s views should be viewed, as nothing but opinions limiting their opinions as only meaningful as everyone else’s opinions. Except for your opinion because you hold yourself in such high regard, being better than others.
    Do you think your opinion on truth should be “held in more regard” than the opinions of others who disagree with you?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 19:27
    @divegeester said
    Do you think your opinion on truth should be “held in more regard” than the opinions of others who disagree with you?
    I don’t look at your opinion as a reflection of you, I try to weigh your points and conclusions on the merit of your argument or what you base it on. Having you say something about any topic just because it is you does not automatically get a thumbs up or down from me, neither do I reject or accept it on its face because it is you saying it.

To do it any other way isn’t looking at the opinion, just the person.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 19:29
    @kellyjay said
    I don’t look at your opinion as a reflection of you, I try to weigh your points and conclusions on the merit of your argument or what you base it on. Having you say something about any topic just because it is you does not automatically get a thumbs up or down from me, neither do I reject or accept it on its face because it is you saying it.

To do it any other way isn’t looking at the opinion, just the person.
    Is that a yes or a no kellyjay?
  6. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 19:31
    @fmf said
    Like you and everyone else here, all I have are opinions and, yes, I feel certainty [to varying degrees] about them. This affects how I "talk". You also "talk with certainty on the subject" about your beliefs.
    That’s the point, so what do we do it’s pointless to disagree with one another. Why the banter is it hatred towards God or the Christian’s?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 20:25
    @divegeester said
    Is that a yes or a no kellyjay?
    You can not figure that out?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 20:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 21:431 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You can not figure that out?
    KellyJay, in line with your comment to FMF earlier… do you think your opinion on truth should be “held in more regard” than the opinions of others who disagree with you?.

Yes or no?
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 22:49
    @divegeester said
    KellyJay, in line with your comment to FMF earlier… do you think your opinion on truth should be “held in more regard” than the opinions of others who disagree with you?.

Yes or no?
    Lighten up, Francis.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 00:09
    @mike69 said
    Why the banter is it hatred towards God or the Christian’s?
    What "hatred"?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 00:10
    @mike69 said
    That’s the point, so what do we do it’s pointless to disagree with one another.
    If you think it's pointless, don't do it.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 00:15
    @kellyjay said
    All we are doing here is sharing our personal perspectives, KellyJay. In the course of doing that, it's hardly surprising that we disagree over things. What is it you want me to do, agree with your opinions, is that what you're on about?
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 00:24
    @divegeester said
    Does petty, localized blabbing and interrogation of others hold more value for your harsh little transitory ego than the Sublime Light of Christ?
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 01:161 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Does petty, localized blabbing and interrogation of others hold more value for your harsh little transitory ego than the Sublime Light of Christ?
    Sorry . . .

A softer way of saying that [okay, sure, this is a completely different take rather than a rephrasing, I would agree] is that if you are a believing Christian, you can relax because you don't need to push the River.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree