2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 11:15
    @kellyjay said
    dive?
    You don’t like posts which you feel are personal
    You don’t like posts about opinions

What type of posts do you approve of Kellyjay, and can you give me an example please?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 11:49
    @divegeester said
    This type of reply by you is what FMF is calling “disingenuous”
    You have a point?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 11:52
    @kellyjay said
    You have a point?
    You don’t like posts which you feel are personal
    You don’t like posts about opinions

What type of posts do you approve of Kellyjay, and can you give me an example please?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 11:53
    @divegeester said
    Third time of asking then…

When you talk to your neighbours about Jesus and how he will be overseeing them being burnt in hell for eternity if they don’t repent and love him… what kind of responses do you get?
    Kellyjay…?

Fourth time of asking.

When you talk to your neighbours about Jesus and how he will be overseeing them being burnt in hell for eternity if they don’t repent and love him… what kind of responses do you get?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 12:27
    @kellyjay said
    You are making a very definitive claim about all we know!
    Well, if it were an objective fact that I was going to be tortured in burning flames for eternity, then you would simply demonstrate the truth of it to me.

But you can't, can you? Your faith - about rewards and punishments for believing/not-believing in your particular God figure - is just that: faith.

And faith is a set of interlocking subjective beliefs about something you may well be certain about but you cannot demonstrate the truth of, small T or capital T.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 16:18
    @fmf said
    Well, if it were an objective fact that I was going to be tortured in burning flames for eternity, then you would simply demonstrate the truth of it to me.

But you can't, can you? Your faith - about rewards and punishments for believing/not-believing in your particular God figure - is just that: faith.

And faith is a set of interlocking subjective beliefs about something you may well be certain about but you cannot demonstrate the truth of, small T or capital T.
    Oh, when you talk about it all, it is factual, no one can know anything about the supernatural except what you tell us.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 16:25
    @kellyjay said
    Oh, when you talk about it all, it is factual, no one can know anything about the supernatural except what you tell us.
    Don't be puerile. We're BOTH just sharing our subjective opinions. I haven't denied that your faith is real and that you are being earnest. Having said that, you are using the word "know" in a propagandizing way. So, then, what do you think you achieve, discourse-wise, when you give truth a capital T?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 21:32
    @fmf said
    Don't be puerile. We're BOTH just sharing our subjective opinions. I haven't denied that your faith is real and that you are being earnest. Having said that, you are using the word "know" in a propagandizing way. So, then, what do you think you achieve, discourse-wise, when you give truth a capital T?
    There is the only truth, and that which isn't, you can put T on it, or no, it doesn't matter.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 21:48
    @kellyjay said
    There is the only truth, and that which isn't, you can put T on it, or no, it doesn't matter.
    Kellyjay…?

Fifth time of asking.

11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 22:41
    @divegeester said
    Kellyjay…?

Fifth time of asking.

You see how this works, I answered you, you keep asking as if I never did, so it is
    meaningless to answer you; you don't take answers for answers.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '22 22:451 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You see how this works, I answered you, you keep asking as if I never did, so it is
    meaningless to answer you; you don't take answers for answers.
    Name the page where you specifically answered the question, just the page.

Must be easy.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '22 00:53
    @kellyjay said
    What do you think you are achieving when you capitalize the word truth express your personal opinion about it?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '22 02:031 edit
    @fmf said
    What do you think you are achieving when you capitalize the word truth express your personal opinion about it?
    Sometimes I am referring to Christ it’s possible also I simply put a T on it without thinking.
  15. Joined
    21 Nov '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '22 04:46
    @KingDavid403
    Ok, the Koran addresses messianic prophecy? Divinely inspired thought ended after the last disciples had recorded from firsthand account. Sure, if they have an alternate view then it's not setting the record straight.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree