1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    29 Jul '22 19:591 edit
    @of-ants-and-imps said
    @FMF
    Islamic beliefs stop short of recognizing Jesus as Savior, so they don't worship the same divine narrative. Don't they have a sacred memory, prayers offering them hope and altars similar to the Prophets of old? Thus they're akin to being followers of the Almighty.
    Islamic beliefs stop short of recognizing Jesus as Savior,
    Well, they do believe that it is Jesus who comes back in the end times; to destroy Satan and evil; and to save all believers.
    The fact that they believe Jesus is still alive, and that He is coming back with the Angels to save them; somehow comes across to me that Jesus is a Deity Savior to them; whether they want to admit it or not. Thoughts?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '22 22:27
    @divegeester said
    When you talk to your neighbours about Jesus and how he will be overseeing them being burnt in hell for eternity if they don’t repent and love him… what kind of responses do you get?
    You should learn to read the written word, and then from what is said, realize those things presented are the things voiced. I did not become a Christian over forty years ago with Hell as a main theme. Did you become a Christian due to fears about Hell, or even the desire for Heaven.

The doctrine of Hell was spoken most in scripture by Christ who did so not to browbeat people but lay out the warning.

The gospel of Jesus Christ is about truth, righteousness, goodness, justice, holiness, our separation from God now, and how God through Jesus Christ paid the debt we had with God. The focus is on the now, how now we can be restored to God through faith in Jesus Christ.

Do you think the full goal of God is to redeem everyone regardless of what they do with Jesus Christ, as if we can have a relationship with the God without Jesus.

If your focus is on what we get or for what we can avoid you are not sharing the gospel, you are just preaching to the selfish of man.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    29 Jul '22 22:403 edits
    @kellyjay said
    You should learn to read the written word, and then from what is said, realize those things presented are the things voiced. I did not become a Christian over forty years ago with Hell as a main theme. Did you become a Christian due to fears about Hell, or even the desire for Heaven.

The doctrine of Hell was spoken most in scripture by Christ who did so not to browbeat p ...[text shortened]... for what we can avoid you are not sharing the gospel, you are just preaching to the selfish of man.
    Do you believe in deathbed conversions? Such as the one Robber on a cross next to Jesus that repented, right before his fleshly death?
    He had no time for a relationship with Jesus.
    This robber also first hurled insults at Jesus right up until his death; etc; and then, Jesus saved him. Thoughts?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '22 23:46
    @kingdavid403 said
    Do you believe in deathbed conversions? Such as the one Robber on a cross next to Jesus that repented, right before his fleshly death?
    He had no time for a relationship with Jesus.
    This robber also first hurled insults at Jesus right up until his death; etc; and then, Jesus saved him. Thoughts?
    Yes, it is to the Lord’s glory we are saved the only thing we bring to the table is our sins and unworthiness. Once accepted God’s sanctification begins. The thief on the cross was amazing, dying on a cross next to someone else dying on a cross and he knew, Jesus was the one to turn to. Many people with far more knowledge reject Christ.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 00:10
    @kingdavid403 said
    I am not impressed by the notion of "thoughtcrimes".

[Matthew 5:27-28 NKJV] 27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.' 28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
    It's clear by the teachings of Jesus that most, if not all sin, starts ...[text shortened]... it is our thoughts (inside of our cup) that needs the cleaning, through Christ and His Love for us.
    I'll leave it to religionists to worry about "sin" and thoughtcrimes.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 00:40
    @kellyjay said

The doctrine of Hell was spoken most in scripture by Christ who did so not to browbeat p ...[text shortened]... for what we can avoid you are not sharing the gospel, you are just preaching to the selfish of man.
    Thanks for writing all that. But what I asked you was this…

When you talk to your neighbours about Jesus and how he will be overseeing them being burnt in hell for eternity if they don’t repent and love him… what kind of responses do you get?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 01:22
    @fmf said
    I'm surprised you think thought crimes are not worth mentioning since all you seem
    to concern yourself with are thoughts as people express their opinions, not much
    else matters.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 01:32
    @divegeester said
    Thanks for writing all that. But what I asked you was this…

Since, as I pointed out, that is not the most important thing concerning God, it isn't
    a normal topic; you seem to miss the obvious. Do you bother even sharing about Jesus, or since, as you seem to believe since no one is going to hell, you don't?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 02:21
    @kellyjay said
    I'm surprised you think thought crimes are not worth mentioning since all you seem
    to concern yourself with are thoughts as people express their opinions, not much
    else matters.
    I haven't called any of your opinions "thoughtcrimes", so I think you are simply taking a swipe at me and playing a victim card instead of addressing the aspect of the topic that I have raised.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 02:33
    @kellyjay said
    else matters.
    [1] First of all, I DID think thought crimes are worth mentioning, that's why I mentioned them; [2] Yes, I do "concern [myself] with thoughts as people express their opinions" because there is absolutely nothing else whatsoever going on here on this forum; and [3] This is a marketplace of ideas and opinions, KellyJay, if you want to air your ideas and opinions in public but you don't want them debated and discussed, then start a blog and make sure you disable readers' comments.
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 03:55
    @fmf said
    Either way, it is a good subject for several here, including me; so thanks for bringing up the subject of 'thoughtcrimes.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 06:42
    @kellyjay said
    Since, as I pointed out, that is not the most important thing concerning God, it isn't
    a normal topic; you seem to miss the obvious. Do you bother even sharing about Jesus, or since, as you seem to believe since no one is going to hell, you don't?
    Third time of asking then…

13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 09:53
    @fmf said
    I haven't called any of your opinions "thoughtcrimes", so I think you are simply taking a swipe at me and playing a victim card instead of addressing the aspect of the topic that I have raised.
    You have labeled my views with several different terms so you most certainly have. The term thoughtcrime itself you might not have applied but almost without fail you are forever focusing on opinions which are simply us sharing our thoughts here. You are guilty of that in the Nth degree. If you simply stay on topic without speaking about who you talk to that would be a small miracle here.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 10:18
    @fmf said
    [1] First of all, I DID think thought crimes are worth mentioning, that's why I mentioned them; [2] Yes, I do "concern [myself] with thoughts as people express their opinions" because there is absolutely nothing else whatsoever going on here on this forum; and [3] This is a marketplace of ideas and opinions, KellyJay, if you want to air your ideas and opinions in public but you don't want them debated and discussed, then start a blog and make sure you disable readers' comments.
    Being guilty of thoughts the very meditation of our hearts are one of your main focuses, you judge some great, good, bad, evil, but you are forever judging a person by their thoughts.

You do that with great contradictions too in my opinion, while condemning some and at the same time saying our opinions are separate from reality, as in it’s our personal views of it stand alone and apart from reality. You go on and on as if all we can do is look at reality from the outside looking in.

I suppose once we lise our connection to the source, that is reality in a nutshell, looking at it always from the outside looking in. I don’t mind having my own opinions discussed but you don’t spend hardly any time doing that you simply judge me.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '22 12:36
    @kellyjay said
    Being guilty of thoughts the very meditation of our hearts are one of your main focuses, you judge some great, good, bad, evil, but you are forever judging a person by their thoughts.

You do that with great contradictions too in my opinion, while condemning some and at the same time saying our opinions are separate from reality, as in it’s our personal views of it stand ...[text shortened]... having my own opinions discussed but you don’t spend hardly any time doing that you simply judge me.
    I thought you didn’t like “making it personal”?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree