1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 16:03
    @divegeester said
    But nobody knows for certain, so your point is moot.
    How do you know, no knows for certain if you don’t?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 16:11
    @fmf said
    Believe otherwise...?

Are you not reading my posts?
    You say it is possible big deal with that as the baseline no response can be rejected or accepted. If you cannot acknowledge there needs to be something other than blind mindlessness involved, how could you possibly discern what would be the requirements of such a one?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 16:16
    @indonesia-phil said
    Well, you've answered my question without intending to answer it, so I'll leave it there. As a final word, though, if science has only 50% of the answer to 'the big questions', or only 10%, or only 1%, then it's 50% or 10% or 1% more than your non - evidential, non - questioning belief in a mythological creator entity will ever have.
    Science has not even floated an answer on origins that has anything more than hypotheticals in it, if you think you saw something that you feel justifies your stance by all means share.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 16:17
    @kellyjay said
    You say it is possible big deal with that as the baseline no response can be rejected or accepted.
    I'm not asking you to accept or reject anything.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 16:28
    @kellyjay said
    If you cannot acknowledge there needs to be something other than blind mindlessness involved, how could you possibly discern what would be the requirements of such a one?
    With the term "blind mindlessness", it still sounds like the you're stuck trying to attach humanoid attributes to your personal, subjective notion of a creator entity.

Why are the "requirements" you "discern" relevant to me? Even Philokalia has conceded that he believes the creator entity "is unknowable".

If you and he feel the need to anthropomorphize it anyway, then what onus do you really think that places on me?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 16:31
    @fmf said
    I'm not asking you to accept or reject anything.
    Really, so when I say that the universe and life can’t come about due to the functional complexities in them, by a mindless, goalless, uncaring process! You are not taking a side? When I say we can not reach God, but God can reach us, you are not taking a side? When you speak about my views you don’t use demeaning verbiage to describe them? I would hate to see you take a side considering how you speak while not taking one.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '22 17:47
    @kellyjay said
    How do you know, no knows for certain if you don’t?
    Do you know someone how can provide evidence?

No, you don’t.
    So stop being silly
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 00:46
    @kellyjay said
    Really, so when I say that the universe and life can’t come about due to the functional complexities in them, by a mindless, goalless, uncaring process! You are not taking a side?
    I accept that this is what you believe and I also recognize that the unkowable mystery of it makes you feel the need to essentially anthropomorphize the nature and origin of the universe.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 00:47
    @kellyjay said
    When I say we can not reach God, but God can reach us, you are not taking a side?
    I accept that this is what you believe as a result of your religious faith.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 00:50
    @kellyjay said
    When you speak about my views you don’t use demeaning verbiage to describe them?
    I sometimes describe your intellectual and interpersonal behaviour here on this message board in ways that you don't like and disagree with but I don't use "demesning verbiage" to describe your religious beliefs.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 00:521 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You say it is possible big deal with that as the baseline no response can be rejected or accepted.
    I'm not asking you to accept or reject any of my perspectives.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 01:00
    @kellyjay said
    I would hate to see you take a side considering how you speak while not taking one.
    The question "why do you have to anthropomorphize the creator entity?" seems to have got you all het up.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 09:51
    @fmf said
    I accept that this is what you believe and I also recognize that the unkowable mystery of it makes you feel the need to essentially anthropomorphize the nature and origin of the universe.
    You have it backward; we were made in God's image; unless you make up your own God, we are not making Him into our image.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 09:51
    @fmf said
    I accept that this is what you believe as a result of your religious faith.
    I accept you reject this because you are an anti-Christ.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 09:52
    @fmf said
    I sometimes describe your intellectual and interpersonal behaviour here on this message board in ways that you don't like and disagree with but I don't use "demesning verbiage" to describe your religious beliefs.
    Lying is very unbecoming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree