1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 09:571 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You have it backward; we were made in God's image; unless you make up your own God, we are not making Him into our image.
    we were made in God's image

It is you who is working backwards: from the God figure of the ancient Hebrew folklore that you happen to believe in, backwards to a subjective certainty about an "unknowable" - but definitely humanlike - creator entity that you sincerely believe has supposedly communicated with you - through Iron Age people - with regard to how he has supposedly anthropomorphized himself by supposedly making you "in his image".
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 09:59
    @kellyjay said
    Lying is very unbecoming.
    I am not lying, KellyJay.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 10:00
    @kellyjay said
    I accept you reject this because you are an anti-Christ.
    Calling a non-believer an "anti-Christ" is as feeble as feeble can be as far as joined-up discourse goes.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 16:33
    @fmf said

It is you who is working backwards: from the God figure of the ancient Hebrew folklore that you happen to believe in, backwards to a subjective certainty about an "unknowable" - but definitely humanlike - creator entity that you sincerely believe has supposedly communicated with you - through Iron Age people - with regard to how he has supposedly anthropomorphized himself by supposedly making you "in his image".
    The truth about our beginnings matter if there is no creator you have a valid explanation. So with what we see around us does it all seem to you like blind, indifferent, mindless, goalless, happenstance put in play the universe with all of the material and immaterial pieces of it working to support the universe itself and life?

The age of the text doesn’t add to or take away from the truth in it, truth doesn’t change with time.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 16:57
    @kellyjay said
    So with what we see around us does it all seem to you like blind, indifferent, mindless, goalless, happenstance put in play the universe with all of the material and immaterial pieces of it working to support the universe itself and life?
    As I have stated many times before, I am totally open to the idea that a creator entity of some kind is the cause of the universe. But, unlike you, I don't see why such an entity must be anthropomorphized?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 17:00
    @kellyjay said
    The age of the text doesn’t add to or take away from the truth in it, truth doesn’t change with time.
    This is interesting thing for you to say.

I have lost count of how many times you have argued that the number of books and writers and the age of the text is what makes you think its claims about the supernatural are true.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 17:02
    @kellyjay said
    The truth about our beginnings matter if there is no creator you have a valid explanation.
    I accept that you earnestly believe that ancient Hebrew folklore gives you what you believe is a "valid explanation".
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '22 17:11
    @kellyjay said
    Well, all you and I can do is to speculate about whatever truths that pertain to such a creator entity [assuming there is one]. I have read tens of thousands of your posts and I find no credible reason to beleve that this entity has communicated with you in any way.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    10 Aug '22 00:103 edits
    @divegeester said
    I’m avoiding the terms “works” and “faith” to keep the principle more generic.

Which is most important doing good things for your neighbours or believing certain things about your God?
    What is your own answer, and why?

Also, if God as the Holy Spirit inspired Paul to write of works and faith, then are you not dodging [in your own words "avoiding"] something or Someone rather fundamental by swerving toward a "more generic" principle in order to make whatever petty little Earthbound point you are so proudly planning to make?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '22 01:08
    @fmf said
    This is interesting thing for you to say.

I have lost count of how many times you have argued that the number of books and writers and the age of the text is what makes you think its claims about the supernatural are true.
    Yes, and? Time does not change the truth so saying something was written or said a long time ago doesn’t affect either, truth will remain what it is regardless of the passage of time.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    10 Aug '22 01:181 edit
    @KellyJay

I think it's telling that the serious mystics among the Jews don't engage with these characters.

Perhaps we should follow that example.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '22 01:35
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, and? Time does not change the truth so saying something was written or said a long time ago doesn’t affect either, truth will remain what it is regardless of the passage of time.
    And... you yourself, over the years here, have cited the AGE of ancient Hebrew literature as evidence of its veracity. Now, because your conversional needs are different, you are saying the opposite of what you usually say.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    10 Aug '22 03:27
    @fmf said
    And... you yourself, over the years here, have cited the AGE of ancient Hebrew literature as evidence of its veracity. Now, because your conversional needs are different, you are saying the opposite of what you usually say.
    Buzz off, marshmallow eyes.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Aug '22 06:43
    @fmf said

That sounds like reverse-anthropomorphism, if you ask me.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '22 07:26
    @suzianne said
    That sounds like reverse-anthropomorphism, if you ask me.
    Oh well. Perhaps it's a case of whoosh then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree