What do you have to loose?

What do you have to loose?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Oct 19
1 edit

@sonship said
If we say "James said faith without works is DEAD" it is ALSO true that Paul, the architect of the doctrine of Justification by faith, also said, in the section about sanctification in Romans - THAT the mind of the Christian SET on his fallen flesh instead of his regenerated spirit is death.

The audience is Christian believers, disciple of Jesus Chris ...[text shortened]... e agreement here between the two apostles ? Both are speaking to an audience of believers in Christ.
I believe Jesus.

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:12-14 KJV)

You can keep your long Satanic nonsense explanations ... thank you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 19
1 edit

We don't need Rajk999 to continue considering James 2:14-26. Let him say "Satanic" and leave. However, to the question of his - Is faith without works dead? Recall that I gave a resounding "Yes, it is True". Then I began some explanation of:
1.) How I regard it as True
2.) Does it's being True make other statement about Justification (ie. in Romans and Galatians) False.

I'll continue on my own thread James 2:14-26 because this analysis and discussion is far from What do you have to [lose]?

James 2:14-26

Moves
07 Nov 19
1 edit

@dj2becker

The risk of putting your faith in God is you waste your one life. Fine. Go for it.

The risk of mankind, the human race putting its faith in God is much greater and much more unfortunate. For you get a species then that cares nothing for itself or the planet it lives on. A species that does not honor itself and does not seek to be the best kind of species it could be: a species that doesn't dare to dream of greatness, that doesn't see the vast and infinite universe stretching out from it in all directions and envision it too as home.

Instead what you get is a bunch of people who have given up on life and existence and wish only to leave it and go to heaven.

F

Moves
07 Nov 19

@americalost said
Instead what you get is a bunch of people who have given up on life and existence and wish only to leave it and go to heaven.
There is an intriguing agglomeration of Christians on this message board ~ not all of them, of course ~ who are of a curiously narcissistic, misanthropic, impotent and [as result] joylessly sanctimonious kind. They are not typical of most of the Christians I have had the privilege of being around during my life. This place is a backwater where several weak and bitter religionists hold court and recoil from anything which doesn't provide the echo chamber they seek.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Nov 19

@americalost said
@dj2becker

The risk of putting your faith in God is you waste your one life. Fine. Go for it.

The risk of mankind, the human race putting its faith in God is much greater and much more unfortunate. For you get a species then that cares nothing for itself or the planet it lives on. A species that does not honor itself and does not seek to be the best kind of species ...[text shortened]... bunch of people who have given up on life and existence and wish only to leave it and go to heaven.
You shortchange man by saying this.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Nov 19

@fmf said
There is an intriguing agglomeration of Christians on this message board ~ not all of them, of course ~ who are of a curiously narcissistic, misanthropic, impotent and [as result] joylessly sanctimonious kind. They are not typical of most of the Christians I have had the privilege of being around during my life. This place is a backwater where several weak and bitter religionists hold court and recoil from anything which doesn't provide the echo chamber they seek.
"They are not typical of most of the Christians I have had the privilege of being around during my life."

And yet, when I asked you a rather specific question about this recently in another thread, you specifically avoided saying this exact thing. It would have clarified your stance immeasurably, yet you refused to make this statement then, even though it would have been a clear answer to my question. You chose instead to remain unclear and murky in your stance, because God forbid you actually deign to have a clear, meaningful conversation with me.

I knew this was what you thought, I just wanted to hear you say it, so of course you chose not to say it just to play games with me.

You choose to be more honest with this person who is probably not a Christian than you've ever been with me, and, contrary to your repeated assertions, this says far more about you than me.

F

Moves
07 Nov 19

@suzianne said
"They are not typical of most of the Christians I have had the privilege of being around during my life."

And yet, when I asked you a rather specific question about this recently in another thread, you specifically avoided saying this exact thing.
No, I didn't avoid answering your question on that other thread. I explained that the OP of that thread was only about - and addressed - to RHP Christians. I explained it over and over again.

F

Moves
07 Nov 19

@suzianne said
I knew this was what you thought, I just wanted to hear you say it, so of course you chose not to say it just to play games with me.
What I just said to @americalost I have said here on this forum dozens of times. I have made no secret of it. That's why you knew it was what I thought. I have been utterly open about it for years.

F

Moves
07 Nov 19

@suzianne said
You chose instead to remain unclear and murky in your stance, because God forbid you actually deign to have a clear, meaningful conversation with me.
There was nothing "murky" or "unclear" about my answers to your question on that other thread. The dichotomy the OP asked about was merely aimed at this community. I have talked umpteen times about my love and admiration for the Christians I encounter away from this message board.

Most of the opportunities for you to have "meaningful conversation" with me over the years, you have rebuffed and squandered in the service of your partisan scorn-for-scorn's-sake and your apparent lack of interest in my contributions.

F

Moves
07 Nov 19

@suzianne said
You choose to be more honest with this person who is probably not a Christian than you've ever been with me, and, contrary to your repeated assertions, this says far more about you than me.
As it happens, I see you as a walk-the-walk Christian, Suzianne, whose online persona here is somewhat marred by your predilection for hostility for the sake of hostility.

I certainly do not lump you in with the ugly, arid, duckspeaking talk-the-talk and massively unimpressive regurgitators like SecondSon, KellyJay, dj2becker, Eladar, sonship, whodey [and others].

F

Moves
07 Nov 19

@americalost said
Faith in God gives billions of people meaning and purpose in life; it gives them structure; it gives them pointers for their moral compasses; it more often than not gives them a sense of community and belonging; it offers solace or a distraction from the ominous and ever-approaching reality of death; meanwhile life goes on, it gets lived, it takes its course, and people do stuff with that faith-based framework underpinning it to varying degrees. I cannot see how "putting your faith in God" can be described as "wasting your one life".

Moves
07 Nov 19

@fmf said
As it happens, I see you as a walk-the-walk Christian, Suzianne, whose online persona here is somewhat marred by your predilection for hostility for the sake of hostility.

I certainly do not lump you in with the ugly, arid, duckspeaking talk-the-talk and massively unimpressive regurgitators like SecondSon, KellyJay, dj2becker, Eladar, sonship, whodey [and others].
Oh look FMF puts people in boxes. How tolerant and forward thinking of him.

Moves
08 Nov 19

@fmf said
Faith in God gives billions of people meaning and purpose in life; it gives them structure; it gives them pointers for their moral compasses; it more often than not gives them a sense of community and belonging; it offers solace or a distraction from the ominous and ever-approaching reality of death; meanwhile life goes on, it gets lived, it takes its course, and people do stuff ...[text shortened]... g degrees. I cannot see how "putting your faith in God" can be described as "wasting your one life".
How do you find your life to be better now compared to when you put your faith in God?

F

Moves
08 Nov 19

@dj2becker said
How do you find your life to be better now compared to when you put your faith in God?
You asked me this question - in essence - in 2016, 2017 and 2018, repeatedly, and at first, I answered it a few times ~ and even divulged quite personal information in doing so ~ but you ignored the answers, and just repeated the question, and my answers got shorter, and in the end, I stopped answering and told you, instead, that my answer had not changed since when we'd talked about it before. This is my response to you now, as well.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 19
2 edits

@FMF

Faith in God gives billions of people meaning and purpose in life; it gives them structure; it gives them pointers for their moral compasses; it more often than not gives them a sense of community and belonging;

If you don't mind at all repeating essentially this concept many times since 2016, why does it irk you to have to repeat anything else ?

And those Christians from your past that you said you quite admired, have you told them also that their "god figure" is entirely fallacious and imaginary?