1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 19:13
    @rajk999 said
    Any church that preaches [contrary to the teachings of Christ and the Apostles], that, because of Gods grace, they still get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, regardless of how much or how often they continue with sin, is in fact encouraging people to sin.

You, sonship, secondson and many others do it here all the time.

Paul warned born again Christian Saints not to f ...[text shortened]... st, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21 KJV)[/i]
    “He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but whoever confesses and turns away from his sins will find compassion and mercy.” (Proverbs 28:13) We want a good reputation, avoid exposure, so we hide our sin, we pretend, and we don’t seek help. (proud self-reliance) We love our reputation (people approval) more than we hate our sin. Our reputations matter more to us than our holiness. Think about this: we are prepared to choose sin, reject God, abandon freedom, and even risk hell rather than have people think badly of us. True repentance lets nothing get in the way of change, not even reputation. Sin is like mold – it grows best in darkness. “For every wrongdoer hates the Light and does not come to the Light [but shrinks from it] for fear that his [sinful, worthless] activities will be exposed and condemned. But whoever practices truth [and does what is right - morally, ethically, spiritually] comes to the Light, so that his works may be plainly shown to be what they are - accomplished in God [divinely prompted, done with God’s help, in dependence on Him].”” (John 3:20-21). Hiding leads to sin, and sin leads to hiding.

(The was coincidentally sent on a church Whatsapp group today, so no I don’t think churches encourage people to sin)
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 19:28
    @dj2becker said
    “He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but whoever confesses and turns away from his sins will find compassion and mercy.” (Proverbs 28:13) We want a good reputation, avoid exposure, so we hide our sin, we pretend, and we don’t seek help. (proud self-reliance) We love our reputation (people approval) more than we hate our sin. Our reputations matter more to ...[text shortened]... entally sent on a church Whatsapp group today, so no I don’t think churches encourage people to sin)
    Church WhatsApp group? I thought you said you were not in any church.

Fishermen dont say their fish smells stink. That is for others to determine.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 19:39
    @dj2becker said
    “He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but whoever confesses and turns away from his sins will find compassion and mercy.” (Proverbs 28:13) We want a good reputation, avoid exposure, so we hide our sin, we pretend, and we don’t seek help. (proud self-reliance) We love our reputation (people approval) more than we hate our sin. Our reputations matter more to ...[text shortened]... entally sent on a church Whatsapp group today, so no I don’t think churches encourage people to sin)
    If any church tells people that their sins are forgiven and that they get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, even if they do not cease to sin (repent), then they are in effect encouraging people to sin.

This remains true no matter how often they may send that type of verbiage to a "church Whatsapp group".
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 02:18
    @rajk999 said
    Church WhatsApp group? I thought you said you were not in any church.

Fishermen dont say their fish smells stink. That is for others to determine.
    I’m not. But I am still on a Whatsapp group. Genius.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 02:181 edit
    @thinkofone said
    If any church tells people that their sins are forgiven and that they get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, even if they do not cease to sin (repent), then they are in effect encouraging people to sin.

This remains true no matter how often they may send that type of verbiage to a "church Whatsapp group".
    If.... sure. I have yet to attend a church that doesn’t preach repentance. Can you name one that doesn’t?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 03:27
    @dj2becker said
    If.... sure. I have yet to attend a church that doesn’t preach repentance. Can you name one that doesn’t?
    I know of none that tells people that they must cease to sin (repent) for their sins to be forgiven and for them to get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Did you miss the part in BOLD above?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 06:30
    @thinkofone said
    I know of none that tells people that they must cease to sin (repent) for their sins to be forgiven and for them to get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

While you were travelling and visiting every Christian church in the world did any of them help you understand if Jesus was sent by God?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 11:48
    @dj2becker said
    I’m not. But I am still on a Whatsapp group. Genius.
    Clearly then you are influenced by and also preaching the doctrine of the church ...Moron.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 12:18
    @thinkofone said

YouTube
    Paul Washer

You must have a strange view of preaching to think what you just said it true for all.
    I'm sure you will find some examples of it, but don't assume it is across the board.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 17:46
    @rajk999 said
    Clearly then you are influenced by and also preaching the doctrine of the church ...Moron.
    And clearly you have no idea what every single church on the planet preaches, so stop painting them all with the same brush.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 21:49
    @dj2becker said
    And clearly you have no idea what every single church on the planet preaches, so stop painting them all with the same brush.
    Got any more nonsensical Whatsapp messages for us to laugh at? 😀
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 03:151 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Got any more nonsensical Whatsapp messages for us to laugh at? 😀
    You have painted all churches with the same brush but you cannot even name one church that doesn’t preach repentance. The joke is on you buddy.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 16:231 edit
    @dj2becker said
    You have painted all churches with the same brush but you cannot even name one church that doesn’t preach repentance. The joke is on you buddy.
    You are a dunce that lack reading skills. Here is what I said. Not a word about repentance.
    Any church that preaches [contrary to the teachings of Christ and the Apostles], that, because of Gods grace, they still get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, regardless of how much or how often they continue with sin, is in fact encouraging people to sin.

You, sonship, secondson and many others do it here all the time.

Paul warned born again Christian Saints not to fall into this trap of believing that they are assured of eternal life even though they sin. Eternal life is conditional on good works and righteousness

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21 KJV)

14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 16:39
    @rajk999 said
    You are a dunce that lack reading skills. Here is what I said. Not a word about repentance.
    Any church that preaches [contrary to the teachings of Christ and the Apostles], that, because of Gods grace, they still get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, regardless of how much or how often they continue with sin, is in fact encouraging people ...[text shortened]... not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21 KJV)
    I dare you to quote where anyone of us here said people still get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, regardless of how much or how often they continue with sin. The only person I’ve seen saying people say that is you.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 16:46
    @dj2becker said
    I dare you to quote where anyone of us here said people still get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, regardless of how much or how often they continue with sin. The only person I’ve seen saying people say that is you.
    He is like this and has been for the longest time, he charges others with things they didn't say or even imply. He gets bent out of shape when he thinks that is being done to him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree