1. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 10:25
    @suzianne said
    No, I disagree (yeah, obviously).

When he set forth the two commandments that were most important, the very FIRST (here meaning most important, not numerically) one was to love the Lord your God, with mind, heart, soul, and strength. You can not "follow the gospel" without "loving God" to the utmost, and to say that one can is ridiculous folly. And, of course, to love G ...[text shortened]... ho know why the Father sent his son to bridge the divide between God and man are wrong. IF you can.
    You are confused. Jesus preached about how one gets eternal life. Paul preached about Jesus [why he came, why he died etc] AND about how one gets eternal life. You church Christians confuse the two. What Jesus preached is NECESSARY and SUFFICIENT for eternal life.

Many who heard the Sermon on the Mount, did not even know who Christ was, or that he died, or rose from the dead. Yet according to Christ they will get eternal life, while the "lord Lord' professors of faith will be cast out. Knowledge is not a requirement for eternal life. Keeping the commandments of Christ is a requirement. Churches have removed this requirement and this is why churches are full of corrupt hypocrites heading for damnation.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 11:071 edit
    @rajk999 said
    You are confused. Jesus preached about how one gets eternal life. Paul preached about Jesus [why he came, why he died etc] AND about how one gets eternal life. You church Christians confuse the two. What Jesus preached is NECESSARY and SUFFICIENT for eternal life.

Many who heard the Sermon on the Mount, did not even know who Christ was, or that he died, or rose from t ...[text shortened]... oved this requirement and this is why churches are full of corrupt hypocrites heading for damnation.
    In a "performance" based system, you will be the bearer of the burden. On a grace based system you will be constantly directed to Jesus as your only Hope and encouraged to rest in Him as your only source for life and power.

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30).
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 11:57
    @dj2becker said
    In a "performance" based system, you will be the bearer of the burden. On a grace based system you will be constantly directed to Jesus as your only Hope and encouraged to rest in Him as your only source for life and power.

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in ...[text shortened]... e shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30).
    You are promoting your church garbage and you are twisting that Matthew passage. The light burden is the following of His commandments. The heavy burden Jesus removed is the following of the Law of Moses. If you bothered to read more [even the very next few verses] you would realise that.

Jesus said no such thing about performance based vs grace based system. He did say the complete opposite. This is why I call you church people Satan. You are completely opposite and contrary to Christ. Your doctrine is the road to damnation.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 12:15
    @rajk999 said
    You are promoting your church garbage and you are twisting that Matthew passage. The light burden is the following of His commandments. The heavy burden Jesus removed is the following of the Law of Moses. If you bothered to read more [even the very next few verses] you would realise that.

Jesus said no such thing about performance based vs grace based system. He did say ...[text shortened]... Satan. You are completely opposite and contrary to Christ. Your doctrine is the road to damnation.
    Well good luck with lifting yourself by your own shoelaces.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 12:41
    @dj2becker said
    How do you see the difference of interpretation between you and Rajk999 in the context of your OP question?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 13:33
    @dj2becker said
    Another word of wisdom from the church of Satan.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 16:00
    @rajk999 said
    Satan's lies about your identity as a believer:

- you are a sinner because you sin.
    - you are defined by what you did/ do.
    - you are defined by what others talk about you.
    - your behaviour determines what you believe about yourself.

God's truth about your identity as a believer:

+ You are a saint, declared righteous by God, who sometimes sins.
    + Your identity is determined by that which God has done for you.
    + Your identity is determined by what God says about you.
    + What you believe about yourself determines your behaviour.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 16:01
    @rajk999 said
    Do you believe that you are saved by your own efforts?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 16:07
    @dj2becker said
    Do you believe that you are saved by your own efforts?
    Asked and answered about a dozen times in the last couple years.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 16:07
    @fmf said
    How do you see the difference of interpretation between you and Rajk999 in the context of your OP question?
    I believe Rajk999 simply ignores scripture that contradicts his doctrine.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 16:09
    @rajk999 said
    Asked and answered about a dozen times in the last couple years.
    We also know why you won’t answer the question of wherein your assurance of salvation lies.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 16:10
    @dj2becker said
    Satan's lies about your identity as a believer:

- you are a sinner because you sin.
    - you are defined by what you did/ do.
    - you are defined by what others talk about you.
    - your behaviour determines what you believe about yourself.

God's truth about your identity as a believer:

+ You are a saint, declared righteous by God, who sometimes sins.
    + Your identity ...[text shortened]... determined by what God says about you.
    + What you believe about yourself determines your behaviour.
    There is only one truth that matters and that is the one from the teachings of Christ about who it is that enters the Kingdom of God. Here it is

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (Matthew 25:34-36 KJV)

Failure to do these things leads to damnation. Does your church preach this doctrine of Christ ? I guess not. Then your church is of Satan.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 16:11
    @dj2becker said
    We also know why you won’t answer the question of wherein your assurance of salvation lies.
    I have answered all those questions dozens of times and you church jokers cannot refute the teachings of Christ.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 18:061 edit
    @rajk999 said
    There is only one truth that matters and that is the one from the teachings of Christ about who it is that enters the Kingdom of God. Here it is

[i]Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me ...[text shortened]... ation. Does your church preach this doctrine of Christ ? I guess not. Then your church is of Satan.
    Do you believe the passage you quoted should be interpreted in light of all the other passages that speak about who enters the Kingdom of God, or should all the other passages be interpreted only based on the one you quoted?

PS: I don’t belong to a church.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 19:331 edit
    @dj2becker said
    Do you believe the passage you quoted should be interpreted in light of all the other passages that speak about who enters the Kingdom of God, or should all the other passages be interpreted only based on the one you quoted?

PS: I don’t belong to a church.
    If you had such other passages you would have quoted them instead of writing all that BS. The truth is that the Apostles preached the same doctrine preached by Christ. They emphasized good works and righteousness as a prerequisite for entry into the Kingdom of God. They said -
    - faith without works is dead
    - faith alone is nothing
    - charity is the greatest of all things
    - Christians who do not live righteously will not inherit the Kingdom of God
    - Christians who defile themselves will be destroyed.
    - Christians who profess faith and then continue with sin will be cast out.
    - Eternal salvation is for those who obey the commandments
    - Those who follow the commandments know Christ and Christ knows them.

There are dozens and dozens of such statements by the Apostles, but your church does not preach that because preaching the truth would not bring in members and money to fill the bank accounts of the pastors. You are just another babbling fool that mindlessly regurgitates your 'saved by grace' one-line nonsense Satanic doctrine and ignore the rest of the teachings of Paul, and the other Apostles and what it really entails to be a born again Christian. You rather wallow in the delusion that your cheap grace will give you eternal life. Go read your bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree