Is it okay for a Christian to lie?

Is it okay for a Christian to lie?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
Well type it here, jocko.

Do you expect me to search hither and yon for your little pearl of wisdom?
Interesting how you seem to know a lot about my posting here over the last few years, but can’t remember a post I made directly to you a couple of hours ago 😄

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
You think Christians only act as they do out of a fear of losing their salvation? Christianity’s about a relationship between a believer and Jesus Christ and, as such, believers want to do what pleases Him, though occasionally they will stumble.

Do you have carte blanche to tell lies to people you love and who love you? Why not?
Jesus instructed to 'go and sin no more.' He didn't say go forth and sin a little bit and feel free to consciously stumble when the mood takes you.

You have had the opportunity to speak truthfully about your previous banned accounts and yet have freely chosen (repeatedly) to lie about it. That's fine, if you are a liar, but don't go waving the Christian flag about.

Either you have been transformed by the holy spirit or you haven't. To say (as you have done more than once) that the transformation is a gradual thing is a cop-out. Your God has made crystal clear how he views liars.

P

Moves
26 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Jesus instructed to 'go and sin no more.' He didn't say go forth and sin a little bit and feel free to consciously stumble when the mood takes you.

You have had the opportunity to speak truthfully about your previous banned accounts and yet have freely chosen (repeatedly) to lie about it. That's fine, if you are a liar, but don't go waving the Christian flag about. ...[text shortened]... transformation is a gradual thing is a cop-out. Your God has made crystal clear how he views liars.
If you knew the Bible, you would know that the Apostle Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, spoke of the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh in Galatians, and, in Romans 7, how he did what he didn’t want to do and didn’t do what he wanted to do.

And the process of sanctification in a Christian’s life is indeed gradual.

Sinning no more is obviously the ideal but you’re neglecting the first part of that statement - “Neither do I condemn you.”

Check Romans 8:1.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
If you knew the Bible, you would know that the Apostle Paul, who wrote most of the New Testament, spoke of the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh in Galatians, and, in Romans 7, how he did what he didn’t want to do and didn’t do what he wanted to do.

And the process of sanctification in a Christian’s life is indeed gradual.

Sinning no more is obviously the ide ...[text shortened]... ou’re neglecting the first part of that statement - “Neither do I condemn you.”

Check Romans 8:1.
You are not struggling to tell the truth in a life-or-death situation. This is an online chess site where you are casually lying about who you are. It is your casual relationship with honesty that is at odds with the Christian faith.

P

Moves
26 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You are not struggling to tell the truth in a life-or-death situation. This is an online chess site where you are casually lying about who you are. It is your casual relationship with honesty that is at odds with the Christian faith.
Why don’t you quote the post in which you think I lied?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
Why don’t you quote the post in which you think I lied?
You have repeatedly denied that you are the past poster who has been banned from this site, saying posters have the wrong person. This is a blatant and obvious lie. In the near future Russ will ban this current account you are using and once again you will be the lying, sad, person kicked off the site.

P

Moves
26 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You have repeatedly denied that you are the past poster who has been banned from this site, saying posters have the wrong person. This is a blatant and obvious lie. In the near future Russ will ban this current account you are using and once again you will be the lying, sad, person kicked off the site.
You accused me of lying and can’t provide the evidence.

Maybe it’s you who was lying, Ghost of a Deuce.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
You accused me of lying and can’t provide the evidence.

Maybe it’s you who was lying, Ghost of a Deuce.
You have repeatedly denied/lied about being the previously banned poster. Here, for example:

@divegeester said
Whoosh!

She’s calling you out for your half-a-dozen or more previously banned accounts where you also happen to have made the same argument.

The underlying message being that you’re a multiple times returning banned poster.

You replied:

"I’m flattered that she thinks I’m someone else whom she apparently was quite fond of"

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Mar 23

@PlanterMoo

As a previous poster, banned by Russ for malicious trolling on more than one occasion, why do you keep returning like a lost puppy?

P

Moves
26 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You have repeatedly denied/lied about being the previously banned poster. Here, for example:

@divegeester said
Whoosh!

She’s calling you out for your half-a-dozen or more previously banned accounts where you also happen to have made the same argument.

The underlying message being that you’re a multiple times returning banned poster.

You replied:

"I’m flattered that she thinks I’m someone else whom she apparently was quite fond of"
That’s the best you’ve got? All those accusations of me lying and that’s what you come up with?

Another pratfall by the Deucer.

P

Moves
26 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@PlanterMoo

As a previous poster, banned by Russ for malicious trolling on more than one occasion, why do you keep returning like a lost puppy?
You’re obsessed with me. I’m flattered but I don’t swing both ways nor do I enjoy the company of dullards.

👋

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Mar 23
1 edit

@plantermoo said
You’re obsessed with me. I’m flattered but I don’t swing both ways nor do I enjoy the company of dullards.

👋
You've returned to the site repeatedly after being banned for trolling.

I think you have obsession sewn up.

Edit: I also think you know your time is drawing to a close.

P

Moves
26 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You've returned to the site repeatedly after being banned for trolling.

I think you have obsession sewn up.
You can’t win in an argument with me, Deucer, but I give you a C+ for effort.

See ya. PlanterMoo’s headin’ out 👍👍

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Sure, but a wilful lie is unchristian, right?

PlanterMoo believes the new covenant has given him carte blanche to tell lies, that only the OT forbid being a liar. You agree with that?
If he believes it is okay to lie, he is mistaken.

P

Moves
26 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
If he believes it is okay to lie, he is mistaken.
Never said that. Dive is, once again, resorting to misrepresentations.