1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:03
    "No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes." Psalm 101:7 ESV

Now, I'm sure our recent returner who has lied repeatedly about previously being banned from the site has justified his lies to himself. No doubt he has told himself that lying to atheists doesn't really count as lying. The problem is, however, he has also lied to other Christians.

Is lying no big thing to you Christian chaps? Is that the message non-believers should take away, that the holy spirit that has transformed the believer isn't really that bothered about falsehoods?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:141 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    "No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes." Psalm 101:7 ESV

Now, I'm sure our recent returner who has lied repeatedly about previously being banned from the site has justified his lies to himself. No doubt he has told himself that lying to atheists doesn't really count as lying. The problem is, howeve ...[text shortened]... that the holy spirit that has transformed the believer isn't really that bothered about falsehoods?
    Definitely not acceptable in both the old and new testaments, in fact I believe it is written somewhere that Satan is the father of lies. However if the only thing stopping a person from lying is their religion, then that’s a bit of a sorry state of affairs.

Other instructions:
    - Obey the laws of the land - driving speed limits for example
    - Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar - pay your taxes as they are due and in full.

Etc and so on.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:171 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Now, I'm sure our recent returner who has lied repeatedly about previously being banned from the site has justified his lies to himself. No doubt he has told himself that lying to atheists doesn't really count as lying. The problem is, howeve ...[text shortened]... that the holy spirit that has transformed the believer isn't really that bothered about falsehoods?
    Not okay to be deceitful, that is acting out hiding truth. I will also add having a wrong idea about something and speaking what you mistakenly think is true is not lying if you admit you could be wrong. Saying something is truth and is not while claiming to know is, as your misrepresenting claims that are not reality.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:191 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Not okay to be deceitful, that is acting out hiding truth. I will also add having a wrong idea about something and speaking what you mistakenly think is true is not lying. Saying something is truth and is not while claiming to know is, as your misrepresenting claims that are not reality.
    Sure, but a wilful lie is unchristian, right?

PlanterMoo believes the new covenant has given him carte blanche to tell lies, that only the OT forbid being a liar. You agree with that?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You’re still in the Old Testament, Ghost of a Deuce.

Lying is not Ok, but it doesn’t jeopardize one’s salvation. Do you know nothing about the New Covenant and New Testament?

As God’s Holy Spirit indwells and changes the hearts of believers, they will become more and more like Him, but they will still stumble as long as they’re in the flesh - the Apostle Paul said as much in Romans 7 and Galatians.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:29
    @plantermoo said
    You’re still in the Old Testament, Ghost of a Deuce.

Lying is not Ok, but it doesn’t jeopardize one’s salvation. Do you know nothing about the New Covenant and New Testament?

As God’s Holy Spirit indwells and changes the hearts of believers, they will become more and more like Him, but they will still stumble as long as they’re in the flesh - the Apostle Paul said as much in Romans 7 and Galatians.
    Your God is an unchanging God. Don't you know that? He has said clearly that He hates liars.

This in mind, one would think you would go out of your way to be truthful.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:31
    @plantermoo said

Lying is not Ok,
    Are you a previously banned member?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Are you a previously banned member?
    Selective quoting?

Troll someone else, sparky.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Your God is an unchanging God. Don't you know that? He has said clearly that He hates liars.

This in mind, one would think you would go out of your way to be truthful.
    You know nothing about me, Ghost of a Deuce.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:34
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

PlanterMoo believes the new covenant has given him carte blanche to tell lies, that only the OT forbid being a liar. You agree with that?
    Never said that, but misrepresenting what a Christian has said and believes is one of the tools in your trolling toolbox.

Have another productive day trolling on the Internet - PlanterMoo’s got things to do!
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:35
    @plantermoo said
    You know nothing about me, Ghost of a Deuce.
    You realise, when you call me 'deuce,' you have chosen an unfortunate username that rhymes with poo?

But that aside, why, as a previously banned member, have you returned yet again to troll these forums? It's almost as if you seek out ridicule and rejection.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 16:381 edit
    @plantermoo said
    Never said that, but misrepresenting what a Christian has said and believes is one of the tools in your trolling toolbox.
    Nonsense. You wrote this:

"Those verses you cited are from the Old Testament and were written centuries before Jesus Christ instituted the New Covenant through His sacrificial and sin-atoning death on the cross."

Hence believing the new covenant has given you carte blanche to tell lies.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 17:32
    @plantermoo said
    You’re still in the Old Testament
    You’ve been given a NT scripture by me in the other thread.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 18:35
    @divegeester said
    You’ve been given a NT scripture by me in the other thread.
    Well type it here, jocko.

Do you expect me to search hither and yon for your little pearl of wisdom?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 18:38
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Nonsense. You wrote this:

"Those verses you cited are from the Old Testament and were written centuries before Jesus Christ instituted the New Covenant through His sacrificial and sin-atoning death on the cross."

Hence believing the new covenant has given you carte blanche to tell lies.
    You think Christians only act as they do out of a fear of losing their salvation? Christianity’s about a relationship between a believer and Jesus Christ and, as such, believers want to do what pleases Him, though occasionally they will stumble.

Do you have carte blanche to tell lies to people you love and who love you? Why not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree