Is it okay for a Christian to lie?

Is it okay for a Christian to lie?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
People can be found as victims in things like the holocaust and just as easily they can be the ones doing the killing, normal people are always on both sides of genocide, and lying could be such a little thing compared to that depending on the lie. I agree that the Holy Spirit does not make it easy to lie or anything else sinful.

The transforming work of the Holy Spirit i ...[text shortened]... e no choices, they only do what we write them to do, God can and does give us the ability to choose.
I think Christians also need to keep in mind that non believers and waverers are watching and will judge their faith but how they carry themselves.

F

Moves
27 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think Christians also need to keep in mind that non believers and waverers are watching and will judge their faith but how they carry themselves.
“By their deeds, you will know them." Matthew 7:16 NMV

F

Moves
27 Mar 23
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I believe God has given us the ability to choose, we can choose to honor God in the good or bad, and we choose to be honest or deceitful, in suffering or blessings, regardless. So nothing we are confronted with gives us a license to sin lying or otherwise if we are truthful about honoring God, and that in public and in private where only God sees.
Have you ever said this kind of thing directly to Romans1009 / PB1022 / PlanterMoo?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I am concerned about that, I don't want to be an excuse for anyone missing the most important part of life which is Christ Jesus. In the end, it isn't going to be however what we think of each other that matters it is our relationship with God through Jesus Christ He is the Way, Truth, and the Life. We are all flawed, so in the end what does it matter if the one next to me is flawed and calls himself a Christian and his flaws are glaringly bad? Does any of that matter when I stand before God giving an account of my own sins?

Moves
27 Mar 23
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I am concerned about that, I don't want to be an excuse for anyone missing the most important part of life which is Christ Jesus. In the end, it isn't going to be however what we think of each other that matters it is our relationship with God through Jesus Christ He is the Way, Truth, and the Life. We are all flawed, so in the end what does it matter if the one next to me i ...[text shortened]... are glaringly bad? Does any of that matter when I stand before God giving an account of my own sins?
It matters if those glaring flaws act as a deterrent to another finding God. It is the reason scripture tells you to be an example to others.

'In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.' Matthew 5:16 ESV

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It matters if those glaring flaws act as a deterrent to another finding God. It is the reason scripture tells you to be an example to others.
I agree it is important, and if it is a deterrent in finding God what a sin that is against those other people who stumbled due to it. Is it a real concern of yours due to how important you see it, or just a means to find fault in another? If we are scattering or working with Christ to bring others to Him by loving God and each other it will always be on us.

F

Moves
27 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
We are all flawed, so in the end what does it matter if the one next to me is flawed and calls himself a Christian and his flaws are glaringly bad?
This sounds a bit like mealy-mouthed support for PlanterMoo.

F

Moves
27 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
Is it a real concern of yours due to how important you see it, or just a means to find fault in another?
More KellyJay-to-the-rescue on the PlanterMoo front, this time by questioning Ghost of Duke's motives.

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
"No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes." Psalm 101:7 ESV

Now, I'm sure our recent returner who has lied repeatedly about previously being banned from the site has justified his lies to himself. No doubt he has told himself that lying to atheists doesn't really count as lying. The problem is, howeve ...[text shortened]... that the holy spirit that has transformed the believer isn't really that bothered about falsehoods?
Sure it is.

Just promise to flagellate yourself later.

F

Moves
27 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
"No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes." Psalm 101:7 ESV

Now, I'm sure our recent returner who has lied repeatedly about previously being banned from the site has justified his lies to himself. No doubt he has told himself that lying to atheists doesn't really count as lying. The problem is, however, he has also lied to other Christians.
PlanterMoo's stance appears to be that he can lie to whomsoever he wants because he believes Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead.

P

Moves
27 Mar 23

@fmf said
PlanterMoo's stance appears to be that he can lie to whomsoever he wants because he believes Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead.
That’s not my stance at all. Go back and re-read my posts.

P

Moves
27 Mar 23

@fmf said
This sounds a bit like mealy-mouthed support for PlanterMoo.
Why are you and deucer so full of hate?

That’s a question you both oughta contemplate.

P

Moves
27 Mar 23

@fmf said
More KellyJay-to-the-rescue on the PlanterMoo front, this time by questioning Ghost of Duke's motives.
Why not start harassing him too? Harass anyone who doesn’t agree with you and the deucer in your silly little bullying campaign.

This website would be so much better if the three of you (Ghost of a Deuce, FMF and divegeester) were permanently banned and had to take your psychopathic, anti-social behavior somewhere else.

Moves
27 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
Why not start harassing him too? Harass anyone who doesn’t agree with you and the deucer in your silly little bullying campaign.

This website would be so much better if the three of you (Ghost of a Deuce, FMF and divegeester) were permanently banned and had to take your psychopathic, anti-social behavior somewhere else.
And yet it is you who have been banned repeatedly for malicious trolling.

Funny that.

P

Moves
27 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
And yet it is you who have been banned repeatedly for malicious trolling.

Funny that.
You’re a broken record, deucer. Take your anti-social, psychopathic personality somewhere else.