1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '23 08:11
    @fmf said
    Nope. It's not a non-sequitur. Not in the conventional sense of the term.
    The conventional sense of the term doesn't include a hyphen.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '23 08:351 edit
    @suzianne said
    The conventional sense of the term doesn't include a hyphen.
    This is good to know. Thanks.

The post of mine you described as a non-sequitur post was not a non-sequitur post.*

* I am using it here as an adjective rather than a noun, so the hyphen is ok.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '23 08:39
    @suzianne said
    It's somewhat sad that the speed of our progress is invariably stunted by our slowest members.
    You sound like @mike169
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '23 10:07
    @suzianne said
    If you understand the meaning of "given", as in a geometry proof, then I'm sure you could take the sentence I quoted and isolate the given out of it.

It's somewhat sad that the speed of our progress is invariably stunted by our slowest members.
    What I’m demonstrating is your inability to follow a conversation without firing out assertions about something which I’ve said which is allegedly a “given” but you can’t say what it is because you just said the first thing which came into your head.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '23 21:05
    @divegeester said
    What I’m demonstrating is your inability to follow a conversation without firing out assertions about something which I’ve said which is allegedly a “given” but you can’t say what it is because you just said the first thing which came into your head.
    What incredible irony.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '23 21:28
    @suzianne said
    What incredible irony.
    It’s truth “sitsta”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree