Is Atheism Dead ?

Is Atheism Dead ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 Nov 21

[tubbleweed]

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Nov 21
5 edits

@divegeester

To repeat for others here -

I have written a dozen times that I know not for sure that today anyone on another planet exists.

There is no need to "walk back" what was stated many times before.
I do not dogmatically insist on extraterrestrial life on any biblical bases.

IF you're good at researching archives then you go back and find the discussion "The Space Alien Thing"

That is probably the earliest thread I remember dedicated to that assertion of yours that "other worlds" was used by me to dogmatically assert there were being YOUR "ON other worlds". Which you say I "famously said."

Go find that thread and post the link like you did before. You do the work if you're so interested. I would think you have to go back to about several years back.

Moves
01 Nov 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

To repeat for others here -
I have written a dozen times that I know not for sure that today anyone on another planet exists.

There is no need to "walk back" what was stated many times before.
I do not dogmatically insist on extraterrestrial life on any biblical bases.
So why did you make this claim then?

“The lost will be hung in chains of punishment as deterrent to other worlds”?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Nov 21
5 edits

@divegeester

Where in this sentence does it say anything like - "I know for certain that there are beings on other planets today because the Bible teaches so."

Where does it say "ON other worlds" ?

If you cannot locate the unambiguous assertion that there has to be beings on other planets then you agree there is no need to "walk back" insistence that I believe there are.

I can see how if you want you can insist I am teaching other planetary life. But the insistence is just a rhetorical debating device of one only wishing to score a debating point, not accomplish communicating. I can see how I furnished some ground for that understanding.

If you say something like you absolutely refuse to comprehend that sentence in any other manner, even when I have clarified my meaning many times, that's your stubborn business.

But I'll tell you what. When YOU clarify something you wrote to me, I take it at face value that that's what you want me to understand.

Moves
02 Nov 21

@sonship said
@divegeester

Where in this sentence does it say anything like - "I know for certain that there are beings on other planets today because the Bible teaches so."

Where does it say "ON other worlds" ?
So who on these other worlds are being deterred sonship?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Nov 21
2 edits

Do you think there is a reason why the last book of the explicitly says that outside the New Jerusalem there are those in the lake of fire?

Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter by the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and makes a lie." (Rev. 22:14,15)

Doesn't it seem to you that there is some lesson to be demonstrated to the people or anyone else that there is a stark contrast in well being between those within the city and those excluded and "outside" ?

Why does it sound so preposterous to you that "deterrent" might be used to describe this manifestly dramatic contrast ?

If it is not necessary as a deterrent to those who came out of this age to enter into New Jerusalem, why does it seem preposterous that should (or if) God create other beings in the eternal age, it might be a deterrent to them?

The operative words there are "SHOULD" and "IF".

IF in God creating new heavens and new earth entails new humans being born in them or new beings or other ages or other worlds of any kind, why does it seem preposterous that God would leave a remnant of His judgment in the past to serve as a deterrent to anyone wanting to follow the same course of revolt ?

Why does that seem impossible to you? Because God's mercy endures forever as in Psalm 136?

Why then ?
Why do you think that can't be?

Moves
02 Nov 21

@divegeester said
So who on these other worlds are being deterred sonship?
Sonship?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Nov 21
5 edits

Synonyms to the word DETERRENT are:

disincentive
discouragement
dissuasion
damper
brake
curb
check
restraint
obstacle
hindrance
impediment
obstruction
block
barrier
inhibition

Now let's consider in eternity future after the last judgment of (Rev. 20).

God says that those sons of God in the New Jerusalem will reign forever and ever. If there are THEN humans born or other beings created (over whom the sons of God reign forever and ever) why is it unthinkable that the specter of the results the Devil's rebellion is seen forever as a deterrent ?

Why does it seem impossible that any who did not live during the age of this conflict might examine the punished and receive some

disincentive
discouragement
dissuasion
damper
brake
curb
check
restraint
obstacle
hindrance
impediment
obstruction
block
barrier
inhibition

to them ever to consider following the same FAILED and JUDGED example?

Moves
02 Nov 21

@sonship said
Synonyms to the word DETERRENT are:

disincentive
discouragement
dissuasion
damper
brake
curb
check
restraint
obstacle
hindrance
impediment
obstruction
block
barrier
inhibition

Now let's consider in eternity future after the last judgment of (Rev. 20).

God says that those sons of God in the New Jerusalem will reign ...[text shortened]... barrier
inhibition [/b]

to them ever to consider following the same FAILED and JUDGED example?
LOL, are you going to answer the question or just continue to duck it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Nov 21
2 edits

@divegeester
Work on your laughter.
Since you won't answer my fair and reasonable questions to you.

And they are not "gotcha" questions.
They are let's see more light on the matter questions.

Anyone else can reply.

Moves
02 Nov 21

@sonship said
@divegeester
Work on your laughter.
Since you won't answer my fair and reasonable questions to you.

And they are not "gotcha" questions.
They are let's see more light on the matter questions.

Anyone else can reply.
So you aren’t comfortable with being held to account for your BS made up claims then?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Nov 21
2 edits

"For as the new heavens and new earth, which I make, remain before Me, declares Jehovah, so your seed and your name remain,

And from new moon to new moon and from Sabbath to Sabbath all flesh will bow down before Me, says Jehovah.

Then they will go forth and look on the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against Me; For their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched; And they will be an abhorrence to all flesh." (Isaiah 66:22-24)

Three questions:

1.) Are the lost confined or are they not confined and able to escape ?

2.) Are they known about to the rest of the inhabitants of that coming eternal age?

3.) Which is more likely: The spectacle is a deterrent, a disincentive, a hindrance, a restraint, check, or impediment to future revolt or it is not ?

Which is more likely ?

And a further question. If they are punished alive why does it say they will look upon their carcasses ? Doesn't carcasses mean that they are dead yet being punished ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Nov 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
So you aren’t comfortable with being held to account for your BS made up claims then?
So your gaslighting of me is not working to erase what the Bible said ?

Moves
02 Nov 21

@sonship said
So your gaslighting of me is not working to erase what the Bible said ?
You should look up “gaslighting” in a dictionary as it doesn’t mean what you seem to think it means.

I’m asking you directly about claims your have made in this forum and all you do is run away from the scrutiny.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Nov 21
5 edits

@divegeester

Looked it up. Good enough to indicate the term as I understand it.
https://www.google.com/search?

Gaslighting is a form of manipulation that occurs in abusive relationships. It is an insidious and sometimes covert type of emotional abuse where the bully or abuser makes the target question their judgments and reality.1 Ultimately, the victim of gaslighting starts to wonder if they are losing their sanity.

As to what I feel comfortable with or not comfortable with - My subjective feeling of relative comfort or discomfort does not change in the least what the Bible teaches about Isaiah 66:22-24; or Daniel 12:2; or Rev. 14:9-12; or Rev. 21:1; Rev. 21:8; or Rev. 20:15

If I feel comfortable with what I wrote it says what it says.
If I feel uncomfortable with what I wrote it says what it says.

My subjective psychological attitude about God's judgment being a deterrent to other worlds does not effect those passages taken together in a plenary way.

How I feel about them or how you feel about them does not effect them. It is what is written.