1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 16:495 edits

Poor form.

If I write too many words to read, WHO will be the first to whine that it is too much to read ? A guy named Divegeester "waffle. hair dryer, etc."

Who are these people on “other worlds” sonship?

The "other worlds" is a potentiality in case creating "new heavens and new earth, which I make" in verse 22 entails any new worlds with living people or any other sentient possibilities that would benefit from knowing rebellion against the Creator was tried for a long time and ended in utter defeat.

If you want to insist that there will be NO OTHER WORLDS you may. But neither you nor I KNOW that for certain.

In case there are "other worlds" in eternity future as God does more creating, I believe the spectacle of the Satanic rebellion and its consequences will serve as a deterrence to any similar rebellion.

Now think about it a little bit Divegeester. In the one and only ancient revolt of Satan, his angels, his demons,. They had not PREVIOUSLY known about God's eternal judgment. Perhaps they Lucifer thought God was a pushover. They had been created never seen that righteous judgment side of the Creator.

Now I will grant that when generations AFTER, say, the flood of Noah, the destruction of Sodom, the judgment on Egypt, Canaanites, and even judged Israel, peoples of the world had reason for some deterrence. But they were not always deterred.

In eternity future, the last judgment should be the ultimate manifestation of the Satanic failure to any potential "other worlds" should there be any "other worlds".

If you want to say you know there will be no "other worlds," I would say "Maybe. But how do you KNOW that for certain?"

If you say " I don't like the hung out in chains part" I would say " Yes that does sound very bad. But the confinement (whether by chains or not) is evident to all of the rebels. And the ancient particularly wicked angels are said to have been in "eternal bonds" or "eternal chains" in Peter's and Jude's epistles.

By way of poetic license I agreed with Govette's imagery.
    How much of a difference does it make if you insist "THERE WILL BE NO CHAINS !" ?

Okay, you hate the imagery of being hung up in chains. I don't like it either.
    But it doesn't change what the Bible said about the angelic rebels in "everlasting
    bonds [chains]"

You can say "I hope there are no other worlds to witness this. And I hope there are no being hung up in chains." I would say Okay. Hope that. But there is no reason for me to apologize for what I quoted from Govette.

Nor is there need for us to apologize for putting together some passages generally about the same matter - the manifestation of God's total defeat of His enemies.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 20:36
    @sonship said
    [quote]
    The "other worlds" is a potentiality in case creating "new heavens and new earth, which I make" in verse 22 entails any new worlds with living people or any other sentient possibilities that would benefit from knowing rebellion against the Creator was tried for a long time and ended in utter defeat.
    As I thought, something you made up, pull out of your hat and latched a couple of couple of scriptures onto it.

Seven years, and this is the best you can come up with. If you are so adamant about this interpretation of your own waffle, how come you have NEVER mentioned it before?

Hilarious. Just admit you made it up.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 20:37
    I repeat ..

“The lost shall glorify him in their eternal woe”

What kind of sick theology is this!?
    What kind of version of Jesus is it you worship!?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 01:566 edits
    Divegeester's hollow and pretentious hilarious reaction not withstanding, in principle, the reaction of those not judged to seeing God judge in eternity is like what we read in Deuteronomy. God said what the NATIONS would remark about witnessing God's judgment on Israel if they revolted against Him. The passage is about "and they will say."

The principle that is seen in Deut. 29 that God warns what the surrounding
    peoples witnessing God's angry judgment will remark. They themselves will acknowledge that divine judgment has taken place.

"And Jehovah will separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel according to all the oaths of the covenant written in this book of the law.

And the following generation, your children who will rise up after you and the foreigner who will come from a distant land, will say, when they see the plagues of that land and its diseases with which Jehovah has made it sick;

And that all the land is sulfur and salt, a burning waste; that it is not sown, nor does it sprout, or does any vegetation come up in it; that it is like the overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah and Zebiom, which Jehovah overthrew in His anger and burning wrath.

Indeed all the nations will say, Why has Jehovah done this to this land? Why the burning of this great anger?

And they will say, It is because they forsook the covenant of Jehovah, the God of their fathers, which He made with them when He brought them out from the land of Egypt; And they went and served other gods and bowed down to them, gods whom they had not known and He had not allotted to them.

And the anger of Jehovah burned against this land, bringing upon it all the curses written in this book.

And Jehovah plucked them off their land in anger and in brining wrath and in great indignation, and sent them to another land, as they are this day. " (Deut. 29:21-28)

[all copied carefully by hand. Not cut and pasted]
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 08:022 edits
    @divegeester
    I repeat ..

The main source of the manifestation of the glory of God in eternity is the holy city New Jerusalem. This is a sign of God mingled with humanity, the expansion of His Son into a kind of capital of the universe - city of sons of God.
    "And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Rev. 21:2)

And He carried me away in spirit . . . and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, as clear as crystal." (Rev. 22:10,11)

"To Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all the generations forever and ever." (Eph. 3:21)

She has "the glory of God" and serves as a living habitation of God, His living temple, and a Wife / Spouse to the eternal Son Jesus.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 08:112 edits
    A secondary glory to God is His complete defeat of Satan and all who followed Satan. This should be thought of as God gaining a glory upon defeating Pharaoh and his Egyptian army.

"And I will now harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they will go in after them, and I will GLORIFY Myself through Pharaoh and through all his horsemen. Then the Egyptians will know that I am Jehovah when I GLORIFY Myself through Pharaoh, through his chariots and through his horsemen." (Exodus 14:17,18)

Pharaoh is a type of Satan the Devil. His army are all those deceived and following him. Though God is longsuffering, enduring, and patient eventually His toleration is ended and their vanquishing brings glory to God and His eternal righteousness.

Now is the time we believers have compassion on the deceived human beings and announce to them the good news of Christ's salvation.

It could be that Divegeesters revulsion at damnation bringing secondary glory to God might be related to his reluctance to acknowledge the Son of God is an eternal office.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 08:318 edits
    I repeat ..

Divegeester, is that why you don't want the eternal woe of the defeated to bring glory to God? Is it because you don't like that there is the Son of God for eternity ?

Do you wish the Son of God would be only temporary? That would be throwing your support in with the enemy of the Son of God who also wants Him to be no more.

Is that what you hate about the everlasting woe of the lost? This Son of God died for us all and will reign eternally having been raised and exalted. Woe to us if we refuse Him.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 14:15
    @sonship said
    Divegeester's hollow and pretentious hilarious reaction not withstanding, in principle, the reaction of those not judged to seeing God judge in eternity is like what we read in Deuteronomy. God said what the NATIONS would remark about witnessing God's judgment on Israel if they revolted against Him. The passage is about "and they will say."

The pri ...[text shortened]... as they are this day. " (Deut. 29:21-28) [/b]

[all copied carefully by hand. Not cut and pasted]
    Sonship said: “The lost shall glorify him in their eternal woe”

Your theology is sick and twisted.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 14:16
    @sonship said
    A secondary glory to God is His complete defeat of Satan and all who followed Satan. This should be thought of as God gaining a glory upon defeating Pharaoh and his Egyptian army.

[b]"And I will now harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they will go in after them, and I will GLORIFY Myself through Pharaoh and through all his horsemen. Then the Egyptians will know t ...[text shortened]... glory to God might be related to his reluctance to acknowledge the Son of God is an eternal office.
    Your version of Jesus is sick and twisted.

The idea that torturing people alive for eternity somehow brings glory to your version of God is obscene.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 14:18
    @sonship said
    Do you wish the Son of God would be only temporary?
    Your erroneous multiheaded version of god has nothing to do with this topic.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 15:462 edits
    Your erroneous multiheaded version of god has nothing to do with this topic.

As I suspected. You excuse your wanting to dethrone the eternal Son of God by crying "tritheism!" as a smokescreen.

Bribing your conscience that you're doing something ELSE good under false pretense doesn't hide your wish that the Son not be Lord of all forever.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 15:523 edits
    Divegeester must throw his support with those of whom Jesus spoke of in a parable of the citizens that rejected their king.

"But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. " (Luke 19:14)

His teaching the Son of God is a temporary office is hidden behind the façade of fighting against a three headed idol - a convenient pretense for opposing the Bible.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 15:593 edits
    @divegeester
    Your version of Jesus is sick and twisted.

The idea that torturing people alive for eternity somehow brings glory to your version of God is obscene.

If they were alive it would not be called "the second DEATH"

Those not wanting the Son of God to reign forever after He has been incarnated and died for them to redeem them are mad that their losing is so complete - a revolt with no benefit whatsoever.

You're acting that way.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 16:201 edit
    Divegeester, the New Testament tells us - "For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you through us . . . " (2 Cor. 1:19a) is the same forever.

" Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes, even forever." (Hebrews 13:8)

Do you teach that Jesus Christ is not the same "forever" ?

Do you teach that "the Son God, Jesus Christ" is TEMPORARY ?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '21 11:021 edit
    Sonship,

You believe and preach in here that;

- Jesus loves everyone
    - But the same Jesus will supervise the burning alive for eternity of those who don’t reciprocate that love for him
    - That this version (your version) of Jesus is glorified by this abominable deliberate torture
    - there there are being on other worlds observing this torture and glorification of your monster god
    - and these beings will therefore be deterred from not reciprocating the love to your version of Jesus

And you wonder why you get push back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree