1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 13:056 edits
    @kevcvs57
    @kevcvs57

. You’d also think that a god would be above jealousy and the need to massage it’s own ego. Sounds more like a demon.

On being stubbornly proud and egotistical I wonder. I asked you about some fruit and belief in God. Actually there are millions and millions of benefits that you could conceivably be thankful for to God. You're too proud to say thanks to God for any of the benefits by which you are blessed year after year?

Not to mention your food, health, many happy hours of doing what you like, limbs. mental status, environment, friends, relatives, parents, shelter, etc, etc,.

The universe, in spite of some problems for sure, furnishes YOU with millions of benefits. And after 365 days YOU Cannot turn around and say -
    " God, just in case you DO exist, I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU."

You're wickedly unthankful. You're unbelieving.
    And you want to twist God's character around to accuse Him of being egotistical?
    If you are so stubborn you've set your will power never to even utter one thanks or sense of gratitude to God, the Creator EVEN IF you were not sure about all the details of WHO God is, the pride problem is yours.

People hold down the truth of God being the Creator and are unthankful.
    You cannot turn around and look at your life and conceivably utter a THANKYOU GOD, just in case Atheism is not the truth?

That's a very sick ego in need of healing from God, from the Lord Jesus Christ.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 13:37
    @sonship said
    And concerning Dive's sensational isolated quote, it would do well for you to examine the entire thread's discussion. It good to see what others said to LEAD UP to a certain post.
    I’ve read the thread dozens of times, and the plethora of follow ones. You’ve never been able to explain or defend the claim.

Are you still maintaining that I was “twisting your words” despite me once again bring them to your full attention?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 13:431 edit
    @sonship said
    "But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds."
    [/quote]
    "To deter other worlds" refers to any other worlds that hypothetically could be the result of God saying He will create all things new(Rev. 21:1,5)
    Ok I’ll play along as this looks like being fun…

So let’s be clear what you are asserting here; when you say “other worlds” you aren’t referring to people on other planets being able to see into the future and see the eternal suffering and be “deterred” from being naughty … you are referring to a future creation whereby those in that future creation can look back into the past and see Jesus burning people alive and therefore love him more in their time and not mess up the “new creation”?

Is that it?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 20:404 edits
    @divegeester
    So let’s be clear what you are asserting here; when you say “other worlds” you aren’t referring to people on other planets

You may interpret "deter other worlds" as "ON other worlds" or "ON other planets." But the sentence does not insist on "ON".

If you quoted me you notice that it did not say "on other worlds" it simply said "deter other worlds."

You can believe whatever you like. I don't need you to "play along" with anything.

What I wrote there is not nearly as destructive to the Gospel truth as you claiming the office of the Son of God is temporary and is abolished after the millennium.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 20:484 edits
    @divegeester
    Are you still maintaining that I was “twisting your words” despite me once again bring them to your full attention?

Yep. You're beating a dead horse. You're exaggerating and broadcasting I wrote something very definitive about extra terrestrial life.

Do you deny that it is possible that when God will "make all things new" (Rev. 21:5) that He may create other worlds ?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 21:50
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    So let’s be clear what you are asserting here; when you say “other worlds” you aren’t referring to people on other planets

You may interpret "deter other worlds" as "ON other worlds" or "ON other planets." But the sentence does not insist on "ON".

If you quoted me you notice that it did not say "on other worlds" it sim ...[text shortened]... u claiming the office of the Son of God is temporary and is abolished after the millennium.
    Why not answer the whole questions sonship?

Here the half you edited out which pertains to your now shifted claim

“Are you are referring to a future creation whereby those in that future creation can look back into the past and see Jesus burning people alive and therefore love him more in their time and not mess up the “new creation”?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '21 21:531 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Yep. You're beating a dead horse. You're exaggerating and broadcasting I wrote something very definitive about extra terrestrial life.
    It’s not a dead at all, it’s you making stuff again. You’ve only had 7 years to explain it. 😬

So who exactly these people on other worlds? And how are they actually deterred by seeing the lost hung in these chains of punishment.

My question above relates to your latest assertion about a “future new creation”
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 01:07
    @divegeester

Read your Bible.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 08:341 edit
    Revelation 21:1-8 (copied by hand from the RcV. Not cut and pasted)

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and the sea is no more. (v1)

And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem coming down from heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (v2)

And I heard a loud voice out of the throne, saying, Behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will tabernacle with them, and they will be His peoples, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. (v3)

And He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death will be no more, nor will there be sorrow or crying or pain anymore; for the former things are passed away. (v4)

And He who sits on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said, Write, for these words are faithful and true. (v5)

And He said to me, They have come to pass. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give to him who thirsts from the spring of the water of life freely. (v6)

He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be God to him, and he will be a son to Me. (v7)

But the cowardly and the unbelieving and abominable and murderers and fornicators and sorcerers and idolaters and all the false, their part will be in the lake of fire which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. (v8)
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 10:47
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Read your Bible.
    This dodge is typical what you’ve been doing for the last seven years on this subject, and why this horse will not be dead for a long time.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 10:48
    @sonship said
    Revelation 21:1-8 (copied by hand from the RcV. Not cut and pasted)

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and the sea is no more. (v1)

And I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem coming down from heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (v2)

And I heard a loud voice out of the ...[text shortened]... ill be in the lake of fire which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. (v8)
    Nothing in there about those other worlds being deterred by viewing the eternal suffering…
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 11:583 edits
    @divegeester

Nothing in there about those other worlds being deterred by viewing the eternal suffering…

I agree nothing explicitely as in other passages is said THERE about other worlds.
    Common sense should be inform us that some kind of warning or deterring is
    associated with verse 8.

What is there is that while there is a new heaven and new earth and a holy city New Jerusalem for the enjoymnent of the saved there is simultaneously the punishment of those in verse 8 in a lake of fire which is the second death.

Do you agree ?

I didn't ask you if you like it.
    I ask you if you agree with my paragraph above.

Yes or No?
    Then perhaps we can read more.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 12:094 edits
    @divegeester
    This dodge is typical what you’ve been doing for the last seven years on this subject, and why this horse will not be dead for a long time.

Evidence is not persuasion. It hardly took me seven years to defend our understanding as Christians (at least many) of the matter.

This thread that you posted was by no means the FIRST on the subject matter.
    And it was not the LAST either that you argued with me.

You give a false impression if you think in seven years you were not refuted on some of your attacks on me teaching about final destinies. Now you may not have been PERSUADED in seven years. That's another matter.

In seven years you have employed various and other criticisms to supplement your objections. If I recall right there was a thread I started called something like "The Space Alien Thing."

I think you're showing off with a false impression in this thread bragging about seven years. There were seven years of you being stubborn about what is written there in the Scripture.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 12:173 edits
    For any readers who have not been on this forum. This debate you see Divegeester and I having is all REHASH upon REHASH upon REHASH.

We've been through this cycle many times.
    I am not now rehashing once again for his sake.
    The thread he recommended was not the first serious of exchanges we had on the
    lake of fire.

Here's the thing. Some objectors to eternal punishment like to get Christians to talk more and more all about it so they can latter say that that is all we like to talk about - punishing Gods - BAD CHRISTIANS who only know and teach about hell!

You see that's the game some Annihilationists and Universalists play.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 12:301 edit
    The following two passages explicitly teach the state of the lost is a warning spectacle to other eyes in the future.

"And many of those who are sleeping in the dust of the ground will awake, some to life eternal and some to reproach, to eternal contempt. " (Dan. 12:2)

Following the resurrection of the dead some will be raised to eternal salvation.
    And some raised only to be judged and only receive reproach and contempt.

In the previous Revelation 21:8 passage this fate is called "the second death" and is the lake of fire.

A similar passage is found in Isaiah 66:22-24

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree