Has religion served its purpose?

Has religion served its purpose?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Sin not lack of belief cause us to be guilty which means we are moving towards judgment. God gives us an out that requires trust and faith in Him. When I consider the first sin Adam and Eve took the doubt Satan offered in his lie, and choose to make their own desires above their faith in God. Our faith in God simply puts us back in the relationship we should have had in the ...[text shortened]... or with the One who made us. Our redemption was not caused by us but God fixing this at cost to Him.
And what about the question I asked?

F

Moves
08 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Sin not lack of belief cause us to be guilty which means we are moving towards judgment.
Of course lack of belief is the issue. "Sins" where there is belief are tolerated. "Sins" where there is lack of belief are not tolerated. Clearly the issue is lack of belief.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jan 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
I did. You made a false claim that people’s sins are eternal. You’ve been shown to be mistaken.
Accept it with some grace.
You are ignoring all explanations so no more from me on that topic to you will be coming to you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You are ignoring all explanations so no more from me on that topic to you will be coming to you.
<<so no more from me on that topic to you will be coming to you.>>

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Because you deserve it.

And not just for your lack of belief. It goes way beyond that.
I think my belief of paying once, without an eternal torture component, illustrates God's great mercy in this.

I mean that it COULD be that way, but it's not.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22

@suzianne said
I think my belief of paying once, without an eternal torture component, illustrates God's great mercy in this.

The post of mine you quoted was a weak attempt at humor.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You are of course entitled to walk away KellyJay, however if you had addressed the unequivocal scripture from Matthew which I gave you, with explanation several pages ago, then your departure from the discussion might look less like a huff.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jan 22

@suzianne said

I'm finding it difficult to interpret your post.

Clarification please.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Jan 22

@josephw said
I'm finding it difficult to interpret your post.

Clarification please.
What I mean is that maybe some DO 'deserve' to be tormented for eternity for decisions they have made and things they have done in this life (I'm thinking Hitler, Manson, Pol Pot), but that their fate is to be destroyed out of existence, body, mind and soul, in the Lake of Fire, instead of eternal torment as some believe they 'deserve', illustrates God's great mercy. After all, eternity is forever. He COULD torture us forever, but I do not believe he does. God is merciful, even to the damned.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jan 22

@suzianne said
What I mean is that maybe some DO 'deserve' to be tormented for eternity for decisions they have made and things they have done in this life (I'm thinking Hitler, Manson, Pol Pot), but that their fate is to be destroyed out of existence, body, mind and soul, in the Lake of Fire, instead of eternal torment as some believe they 'deserve', illustrates God's great mercy. After ...[text shortened]... r. He COULD torture us forever, but I do not believe he does. God is merciful, even to the damned.
"God is merciful, even to the damned."

I think you'll not find any verse or verses that will support that idea.

God's mercy is eternal on the believer, but not on those that reject His mercy. That's what the Bible teaches.

The Bible knows nothing about annihilation.

I personally would love to believe otherwise, that the lost simply ceased to exist, but again, the Bible knows nothing about that.

I'm sorry.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Jan 22
1 edit

@josephw said
"God is merciful, even to the damned."

I think you'll not find any verse or verses that will support that idea.
How about:

'For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.'

Romans 11:32

Or perhaps Psalm 145:9:

'The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made.'

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
How about:

Point being all can come and be reconciled to Go but not all will.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jan 22
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
How about:

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:

Unto all, most definitely. But upon all that believe.

Matthew 10:32,33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 16:24,25
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

It is absolutely obtuse to interpret the scriptures to mean that even if someone rejects Jesus they get a free pass to eternal life.

It is a gross misinterpretation to say the least.

The scriptures are plain and clear.

There are the lost, and there is the saved, when one believes.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Jan 22
1 edit

@josephw said

It is absolutely obtuse to interpret the scriptures to mean that even if someone rejects Jesus they get a free pass to eternal life.
I disagree.

Edit; by the way had you been consuming alcohol before you were posting yesterday?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I disagree.

Edit; by the way had you been consuming alcohol before you were posting yesterday?
Before, during and after.

How could you tell? πŸ™ƒ