1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 00:28
    @divegeester said
    God forgives sins and tells us that he has put our sins as far away from him and us as the east is from the west.

We are also told in Matthew (the scripture which you are doggedly trying to ignore since I first posted it) the there is only ONE sin which will not be forgiven in eternity and that is to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

It is disappointing to see yo ...[text shortened]... ng you from acknowledging that you are mistaken in claiming that all of people’s sins are “eternal”.
    You really need to read the whole Bible, not just the cherry-picked verses you think backs up your doctrine.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 00:32
    @kellyjay said
    You really need to read the whole Bible, not just the cherry-picked verses you think backs up your doctrine.
    I have read the whole bible, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Anytime you want to address the content of my post including the scriptural references, please feel entirely free to do so.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 00:381 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I disagree, KJ. I think we must also consider that the Bible, even though a guide, might be a false idol and a distraction from looking Godward and from seeing each other with God's loving eyes.

@divegeester might snicker that I have written this, but in my view he is an overgrown retrograde jackass who only wants to bully other Christians with his own idiosyncratic and self-serving, self-pleasing interpretation of Christianity.

The Light of Christ is brighter, more all-encompassing and sublime, and certainly less petty and adversarial than any itty-bitty false Christian battle-bots can emit.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 00:42
    @divegeester said
    I have read the whole bible, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Anytime you want to address the content of my post including the scriptural references, please feel entirely free to do so.
    Neo, why do you resist the Chrism of the Most High upon your transitory and arbitrary mind?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 01:12
    @kevin-eleven said
    @divegeester might snicker that I have written this, but in my view he is an overgrown retrograde jackass
    Yep, definitely upset.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 01:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 01:16
    @divegeester said
    Yep, definitely upset.
    This too shall pass.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 03:53
    @josephw said
    No.
    Yes.
    Yes.

You've mischaracterized. It's "believe in me and live forever."

Presuming to accuse God of being unjust is folly and the consequence of erroneous thinking.

By your own logic can that which is perfect be flawed?

Is God flawed because He so loved the world that He gave His Son to die in our place so that we who believe will have eternal life?

And ...[text shortened]... He metes out justice to those that reject the author of life?

Get your head screwed on straight.
    In what fantasy is eternal torment "justice"?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 06:53
    @kevin-eleven said
    I disagree, KJ. I think we must also consider that the Bible, even though a guide, might be a false idol and a distraction from looking Godward and from seeing each other with God's loving eyes.

@divegeester might snicker that I have written this, but in my view he is an overgrown retrograde jackass who only wants to bully other Christians with his own idiosyncratic a ...[text shortened]... , and certainly less petty and adversarial than any itty-bitty false Christian battle-bots can emit.
    When we study the Bible, it all is the Word of God, not just hand-picked parts we like over those we dislike. As such, it self corrects us; we cannot take a passage about revenge and think we have the right to do it ourselves while reading the whole thing; we see that vengeance belongs to God, not us; we are to forgive as God forgave us. Some here have a habit of taking a verse or two, making them mean what they want even though within the whole of scripture, what they are claiming is entirely contradicted in some cases outright spelled out what they are saying is wrong, explicitly pointing to their warped doctrine that runs counter to them. If what you think about God is from within you over scripture, that alone should tell you something about your high view of you.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 10:541 edit
    @kellyjay said
    When we study the Bible, it all is the Word of God, not just hand-picked parts we like over those we dislike. As such, it self corrects us; we cannot take a passage about revenge and think we have the right to do it ourselves while reading the whole thing; we see that vengeance belongs to God, not us; we are to forgive as God forgave us. Some here have a habit of taking a ve ...[text shortened]... is from within you over scripture, that alone should tell you something about your high view of you.
    So you boast [all the time] that you have studied the bible. So tell me where in the bible these doctrines which at some point in the recent past you have promoted, are to be found
    1. Angels have wings
    2. Christians go to heaven when they die
    3. A relationship with Christ is critical for going to heaven
    4. NonChristians are tormented for eternity
    5. The soul is immortal
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 11:051 edit
    @rajk999 said
    So you boast [all the time] that you have studied the bible. So tell me where in the bible these doctrines which at some point in the recent past you have promoted, are to be found
    1. Angels have wings
    2. Christians go to heaven when they die
    3. A relationship with Christ is critical for going to heaven
    4. NonChristians are tormented for eternity
    Christians go to heaven when they die; I think you'll have to refresh to me the context. I don't believe I have ever promoted angels to have wings; I did point to a passage where two did have wings once; beyond that, I don't think so. Since Jesus tells some depart from me I never knew you, knowing Christ is important, His sheep know His voice, they follow no other. If this isn't true of you, the sound (depart from me I never knew you) you shouldn't be shocked when you hear it. Sinners will cast into the lake of fire the second death; they will be there forever and ever.

If you want to dig into one of these topics, pick one.
    Then you can also explain why scripture teaches us it isn't by our works of righteousness we are saved.

Titus 3:4-6
    English Standard Version
    But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 12:42
    @suzianne said
    In what fantasy is eternal torment "justice"?
    Go for it Suzianne!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 12:44
    @kellyjay said
    When we study the Bible, it all is the Word of God, not just hand-picked parts we like over those we dislike. As such, it self corrects us; we cannot take a passage about revenge and think we have the right to do it ourselves while reading the whole thing; we see that vengeance belongs to God, not us; we are to forgive as God forgave us. Some here have a habit of taking a ve ...[text shortened]... is from within you over scripture, that alone should tell you something about your high view of you.
    I’m more than happy for you to use this “entire bible” methodology to counter my demonstration to you that people’s sins are not eternal.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 07:52
    @fmf said
    "Religion has served its purpose of uniting people, setting up structures in society, developing trust and cooperation." Thoughts?
    Here's an excellent post from former stalwart Spirituality Forum non-believer JS357 from a few years ago that's pertinent:

"I think religion offers a number of utilitarian benefits, such as: a rationale for survival beyond the grave, a rationale for life having an overarching narrative, in a way an adventure story pitting good versus evil in which we are active participants, and on a more mundane note, a rationale/motivation for socially acceptable behavior."
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 10:25
    @fmf said
    "I think religion offers a number of utilitarian benefits, such as: a rationale for survival beyond the grave, a rationale for life having an overarching narrative, in a way an adventure story pitting good versus evil in which we are active participants, and on a more mundane note, a rationale/motivation for socially acceptable behavior."
    It’s a good statement by JS357, unfortunately on the first third of it is actually in play. Usually.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree