1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 11:24
    @divegeester said
    I’m more than happy for you to use this “entire bible” methodology to counter my demonstration to you that people’s sins are not eternal.
    The punishment for them is the consequences of breaking our standing with God and often with each other. I don't know what you hope to gain by pushing something meaningless when the results of sin are either dealt with in Christ or the eternal fire.

Matthew 18:8
    And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.

Matthew 25:41
    “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 11:35
    @kellyjay said
    The punishment for them is the consequences of breaking our standing with God and often with each other. I don't know what you hope to gain by pushing something meaningless when the results of sin are either dealt with in Christ or the eternal fire.

Matthew 18:8
    And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter l ...[text shortened]... his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
    I’ve become more interested in your hubris KellyJay, your inability to show some grace when someone you have conflict with shows you in scripture that your claim that ‘people’s sins are eternal’ is a mistake by you.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:00
    @divegeester said
    I’ve become more interested in your hubris KellyJay, your inability to show some grace when someone you have conflict with shows you in scripture that your claim that ‘people’s sins are eternal’ is a mistake by you.
    Even if it is, that would be nothing compared to claiming there is no hell to concern oneself suggesting we are all forgiven no matter what.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:13
    @fmf said
    Here's an excellent post from former stalwart Spirituality Forum non-believer JS357 from a few years ago that's pertinent:

"I think religion offers a number of utilitarian benefits, such as: a rationale for survival beyond the grave, a rationale for life having an overarching narrative, in a way an adventure story pitting good versus evil in which we are active participants, and on a more mundane note, a rationale/motivation for socially acceptable behavior."
    Or maybe God really exists and Jesus Christ really was Resurrected from the dead?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:19
    @pb1022 said
    Or maybe God really exists and Jesus Christ really was Resurrected from the dead?
    If your belief that Jesus Christ really rose from the dead gives your life meaning and structure, good for you. If one looks at all religions, as a human phenomenon down through history and across cultures, they have certainly served a purpose, as mentioned on page 1.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:35
    @fmf said
    If your belief that Jesus Christ really rose from the dead gives your life meaning and structure, good for you. If one looks at all religions, as a human phenomenon down through history and across cultures, they have certainly served a purpose, as mentioned on page 1.
    And good for you too if discrediting the resurrection of Jesus Christ gives your life meaning and structure.

I hope I don't have to see the look on your face when you see Jesus in person.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:38
    @josephw said
    And good for you too if discrediting the resurrection of Jesus Christ gives your life meaning and structure.
    I think, by recognizing how much inspiration and meaning that belief in "the resurrection of Jesus Christ" gives to billions of people currently alive, and has given to countless billions going back 2,000 years, I don't think I am "discrediting" it at all.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:39
    @josephw said
    I hope I don't have to see the look on your face when you see Jesus in person.
    If such hopes play some part in giving your life meaning and structure, so be it.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:39
    @fmf said
    <<If your belief that Jesus Christ really rose from the dead gives your life meaning and structure, good for you.>>

It’s not about me.

That’s where atheists always get it wrong - they view everything in terms of themselves: How does it affect me? What does it do for me? What do I get out of it? It’s all me, me, me, me with atheists.

It’s not like that with Christians (or shouldn’t be.) With Christians, it’s all about Jesus Christ - Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:42
    @pb1022 said
    It’s not like that with Christians (or shouldn’t be.) With Christians, it’s all about Jesus Christ - Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.
    ...and what Jesus can do for you, personally.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:44
    @pb1022 said
    That’s where atheists always get it wrong - they view everything in terms of themselves: How does it affect me? What does it do for me? What do I get out of it? It’s all me, me, me, me with atheists.
    Well, belief and lack of belief are very personal things. How do you view Jesus in terms of yourself? How does Jesus affect you personally? What does your faith do for you? What do you get out of it?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:47
    @fmf said
    ...and what Jesus can do for you, personally.
    It’s about what you can do for Jesus too.

It’s a two-way street, like every relationship.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:48
    @pb1022 said
    It’s about what you can do for Jesus too.
    You, you, you, you.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:48
    @fmf said
    Well, belief and lack of belief are very personal things. How do you view Jesus in terms of yourself? How does Jesus affect you personally? What does your faith do for you? What do you get out of it?
    I wouldn’t answer personal questions on here (nor advise anyone else to) since personal info only ends up being used for trolling purposes.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:49
    @pb1022 said
    It’s a two-way street, like every relationship.
    How does your "two-way street ... relationship" with Jesus affect your demeanour and behaviour here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree