Has religion served its purpose?

Has religion served its purpose?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You insult an eternal God
Have I?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You insult an eternal God, and you think the insult is temporary, you commit a crime against an eternal God, and you think the crime is only temporary? Jesus said that we are condemned already in this life, being the only way to God anyone not going to God through Him is lost. It is a matter of not us reaching up to God to get right; it is a matter of God reaching down to us ...[text shortened]... do you ask for scripture? You pick and choose what scripture you find acceptable and deny the rest?
But you're still quoting scripture at me in other posts!
I won’t be defected by a flurry of faux righteous indignation KellyJay.

Do you have supporting scripture for your claim that sins are eternal or not? Because I think you made it up and are now desperately trying to back away from it.

F

Moves
06 Jan 22

@fmf said
Isn't the "insult" of non-belief gone once the non-believer dies?
Or if, having died and encountered the Christian God as he metes out the torment, the non-believer becomes a former non-believer, doesn't the "insult" of non-belief end right there?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jan 22

@divegeester said

Do you have supporting scripture for your claim that sins are eternal or not? Because I think you made it up and are now desperately trying to back away from it.
I have and will quote scripture to you, but why do you ask for something that doesn't mean anything to you, accept as you like it, and agree with it or not? You already stated that no matter what is said, you will not change your mind, so why do you ask for scripture for points you will not alter your views over even if given?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Jan 22
2 edits

@kellyjay said
I have and will quote scripture to you, but why do you ask for something that doesn't mean anything to you, accept as you like it, and agree with it or not?
Well quote it now then, instead of running away from what you asserted. You are still quoting scripture at me in other posts!

Do you have supporting scripture for your claim that “sins are eternal” or not?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You already stated that no matter what is said, you will not change your mind, so why do you ask for scripture for points you will not alter your views over even if given?
Your dishonesty never fails to disappoint me and undermine your witness and message.

I said that there was nothing you could say which would change my mind on eternal suffering.

You can change my mind on “eternal sins” but not with another one of your off topic trademark furball text blocks talking about life in the spirit, walking with Jesus, eternal love, sins and redemption or whatever you use to try to deflect from a laser focused question.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jan 22

@divegeester said

You said you ignore scripture did you not like, or agree with. I am not making that up, if you can just ignore it why do ask for something that carries no weight with you?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You said you ignore scripture did you not like, or agree with.
No I didn’t, you’re misrepresenting me.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I am not making that up, if you can just ignore it why do ask for something that carries no weight with you?
But I’m not ignoring what you claimed, I’m addressing it KellyJay.

If you aren’t able to scripturally defend your assertions when you claim that everything you do assert is based on scripture, then, as I said… you’re making it up.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jan 22

@divegeester said
No I didn’t, you’re misrepresenting me.
I owe you some quotes if I am wrong I will apologize.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jan 22

@fmf said
Isn't the "insult" of non-belief gone once the non-believer dies?
When your life is judged everything done, every word spoken will be brought to light.

Nothing secret will remain hidden.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I owe you some quotes if I am wrong I will apologize.
Only if you want me to apologise for saying you made up that people’s sins are eternal.

(And we aren’t talking about the one named sin of blasphemy against the holy spirt)

F

Moves
06 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You insult an eternal God, and you think the insult is temporary, you commit a crime against an eternal God, and you think the crime is only temporary?
Having died and encountered the Christian God as he metes out the torment, the non-believer becomes a former non-believer, doesn't the "insult" of non-belief end right there?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 22

@fmf said
Having died and encountered the Christian God as he metes out the torment, the non-believer becomes a former non-believer, doesn't the "insult" of non-belief end right there?
No, because without faith it is impossible to please God.

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

(Hebrews 11:6)

F

Moves
07 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
No, because without faith it is impossible to please God.
Whoosh