Has religion served its purpose?

Has religion served its purpose?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
The wages of sin is death. People die because of sin.
God has justified the whole world through Christ
All dead people have paid the price of their sin
All those who keep the commandments will be made alive
The exception as Dive pointed out is blasphemy.
I didn’t see the word temporary could you highlight it next time?

F

Moves
07 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
For someone who claims to have once believed in scripture you should be aware of the text I quoted and it’s meaning. Attempting to make this about me avoiding the one thing that matters is simply side stepping what is important to something that is not.
This is not a moral argument. And it doesn't answer what I put to you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 22

@divegeester said
“Eternal sin” is actually a misnomer.
What difference does that make?

Someone’s sins are forgiven or they’re not forgiven. What difference does it make if the sins are eternal?

If they’re forgiven, they no longer count against the person who committed them.

If they’re not forgiven, they do count against the person who committed them.

Whether they’re eternal or not is irrelevant.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 22

@fmf said
This is not a moral argument. And it doesn't answer what I put to you.
It addressed my point.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
The only thing we have run into so far is your ability to ignore parts of scripture when you disagree with it.
No, the only thing we have seen is your hubris, your inability to admit when you have made a mistake.

Your claim that people’s sins are eternal is completely unsupported in scripture, in fact I have provided you with the scripture from Matthew which demonstrates you are mistaken, of course you have completely blanked it and are now trying to brazen it out by just claiming you are because you are right.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jan 22

@divegeester said
No, the only thing we have seen is your hubris, your inability to admit when you have made a mistake.

Your claim that people’s sins are eternal is completely unsupported in scripture, in fact I have provided you with the scripture from Matthew which demonstrates you are mistaken, of course you have completely blanked it and are now trying to brazen it out by just claiming you are because you are right.
You should at least complain about the thing I did say. Which is when we sin against an eternal God it is against one timeless who lives in eternity throughout all of it. Offending God there isn’t a moment in time exuded from our sin. When God acts all of eternity is always taken into account. This is why before the foundation of the world Christ died for us.

F

Moves
08 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
when we sin against an eternal God it is against one timeless who lives in eternity throughout all of it. Offending God there isn’t a moment in time exuded from our sin. When God acts all of eternity is always taken into account.
So what is the moral purpose of and justification for STILL torturing me for my lack of belief 300 billion years after my death, for example?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
So what is the moral purpose of and justification for STILL torturing me for my lack of belief 300 billion years after my death, for example?
Because you deserve it.

And not just for your lack of belief. It goes way beyond that.

F

Moves
08 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Because you deserve it.

I deserve it because I deserve it.

Your moral compass tells you this?

F

Moves
08 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
What "sins" of mine "deserve" punishment that's still being administered 300 billion years after my death?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 22

@fmf said
What "sins" of mine "deserve" punishment that's still being administered 300 billion years after my death?
How do you want me to present the list?

Alphabetically? Or in degree of severity?

And why put “sins” in quotes? You don’t think you’ve committed any?

F

Moves
08 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
And why put “sins” in quotes? You don’t think you’ve committed any?
"Sin" is a term I only use when I talk to people who think it exists, hence the quotation marks.

F

Moves
08 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
How do you want me to present the list?
Just list a few.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You should at least complain about the thing I did say. Which is when we sin against an eternal God it is against one timeless who lives in eternity throughout all of it. Offending God there isn’t a moment in time exuded from our sin. When God acts all of eternity is always taken into account. This is why before the foundation of the world Christ died for us.
I did. You made a false claim that people’s sins are eternal. You’ve been shown to be mistaken.
Accept it with some grace.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Jan 22

@fmf said
Sin not lack of belief cause us to be guilty which means we are moving towards judgment. God gives us an out that requires trust and faith in Him. When I consider the first sin Adam and Eve took the doubt Satan offered in his lie, and choose to make their own desires above their faith in God. Our faith in God simply puts us back in the relationship we should have had in the beginning. You reject the one thing that we were made for with the One who made us. Our redemption was not caused by us but God fixing this at cost to Him.