Has religion served its purpose?

Has religion served its purpose?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
The scripture is very clear to the point that our sin have consequences that judgment will fall on us, if we die in our sin outside of Christ we do so condemned. What is important is what the Word says not our opinions about it.

Can you explain what I am wrong about with respect to the scripture I quoted or are you simply going to attempt to make me the topic?
None of the scriptures you cited address your claim that sins are eternal KellyJay.

The lord has said “I have removed your sins from you as far as the east is from the west”

And “Christ died for all” “while we were still sinners”.

All sins are covered in eternity; forgiveness is experienced in this life.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 22

@divegeester said
None of the scriptures you cited address your claim that sins are eternal KellyJay.

The lord has said “I have removed your sins from you as far as the east is from the west”

And “Christ died for all” “while we were still sinners”.

All sins are covered in eternity; forgiveness is experienced in this life.
Those that belong to Him, there are those that don’t. You must look at every verse in light of all other scripture otherwise you run into the danger of looking at it out of context of the whole Bible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Those that belong to Him, there are those that don’t. You must look at every verse in light of all other scripture otherwise you run into the danger of looking at it out of context of the whole Bible.
And dont forget take up your cross ... lol

So where in the bible is there such a thing as 'eternal sin', Im curious as well

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I’m aware of that piece of unrelated information, but thank you anyway.

The bible doesn’t support that people’s sins are “eternal” and you can’t show that it does.

The ONLY sin described as being anything like “eternal” is to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, and I as I said earlier (which you conveniently ignored) the passages also talks about “all other” sins being forgivable. Therefore we can deduce that ONE sin is eternal and not forgiven, and all other sins are NOT eternal and can be forgiven.

It’s quite clear KellyJay.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 22
1 edit

Here is the passage, it is quite unequivocal:

“Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come.”

Matt 12:31

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said

So where in the bible is there such a thing as 'eternal sin', Im curious as well
“Eternal sin” is actually a misnomer.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jan 22

@divegeester said
“Eternal sin” is actually a misnomer.
Agree with that. Going to check on that eternal sin stuff now. will post later

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 22

@divegeester said
I’m aware of that piece of unrelated information, but thank you anyway.

The bible doesn’t support that people’s sins are “eternal” and you can’t show that it does.

The ONLY sin described as being anything like “eternal” is to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, and I as I said earlier (which you conveniently ignored) the passages also talks about “all other” sins b ...[text shortened]... not forgiven, and all other sins are NOT eternal and can be forgiven.

It’s quite clear KellyJay.
The consequences of sin is eternal one way or another if you are abiding in Christ or you are not. One we are saved the other condemned already. I would be more concerned about that!

F

Moves
07 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
The consequences of sin is eternal one way or another if you are abiding in Christ or you are not.
What are your moral arguments here? The consequences of sin are eternal because the consequences of sin are eternal? Backed up by... KellyJay believes the consequences of sin are eternal because KellyJay believes the consequences of sin are eternal?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 22

@fmf said
What are your moral arguments here? The consequences of sin are eternal because the consequences of sin are eternal? Backed up by... KellyJay believes the consequences of sin are eternal because KellyJay believes the consequences of sin are eternal?
For someone who claims to have once believed in scripture you should be aware of the text I quoted and it’s meaning. Attempting to make this about me avoiding the one thing that matters is simply side stepping what is important to something that is not.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 22

@rajk999 said

Show me a verse that talks about temporary sins!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
The consequences of sin is eternal one way or another if you are abiding in Christ or you are not. One we are saved the other condemned already. I would be more concerned about that!
We’ve come full circle haven’t we… all because you are too prideful to admit when you have been mistaken.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
No KellyJay, you made the claim that people’s sins are eternal. Therefore the onus is on you to provide the “verses” as you call it.

I’ve given you unequivocal scripture demonstrating that you are mistaken and you refuse to acknowledge it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 22

@divegeester said
We’ve come full circle haven’t we… all because you are too prideful to admit when you have been mistaken.
We can be forgiven and we can miss this great salvation God has provided for us. Ignoring those scriptures that speak to those being cast out shows not everyone gets accepted.

Picking one scripture out of the whole book and saying everything else is contrary to it just shows you cherry picked something and twisted the text into more than you should have.

This is no different than those claiming we have earn a free gift. The only thing we have run into so far is your ability to ignore parts of scripture when you disagree with it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
The wages of sin is death. People die because of sin.
God has justified the whole world through Christ
All dead people have paid the price of their sin
All those who keep the commandments will be made alive
The exception as Dive pointed out is blasphemy.