Dishonest Christian politicians

Dishonest Christian politicians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
280d

Christian politicians, regardless of being on the left or right, can deliberately lie in the course of their political activities safe in the "knowledge" [i.e. belief] that Christ sacrificed his life to forgive their sins and they can repent later.

Discuss

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
280d

@fmf said
Christian politicians, regardless of being on the left or right, can deliberately lie in the course of their political activities safe in the "knowledge" [i.e. belief] that Christ sacrificed his life to forgive their sins and they can repent later.

Discuss
Kind of like Constantine who did not get baptized until on his deathbed so he could be forgiven for all his murders and other crimes .

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
280d

@fmf said

Discuss
That's a load of BS.

Atheist politicians, regardless of being on the left or right, can deliberately lie in the course of their political activities safe in the "knowledge" [i.e. belief] that there is no God to give an account to.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
280d

@caissad4 said
Kind of like Constantine who did not get baptized until on his deathbed so he could be forgiven for all his murders and other crimes .
Kind of like atheists spouting out unverifiable rumors.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
280d

@josephw said
Was the snake in the garden of Eden literal, or not?

F

Moves
280d

@josephw said
That's a load of BS.

Atheist politicians, regardless of being on the left or right, can deliberately lie in the course of their political activities safe in the "knowledge" [i.e. belief] that there is no God to give an account to.
This does not address the OP which is about Christian belief that Jesus's sacrifice means that that their "sins" will be forgiven. Atheist notions about there being "no God to give an account to" is off topic.

F

Moves
280d

@josephw said
What would be your view of Christian politicians, whether from the left or right, deliberately spreading unverifiable rumors while believing that Christ sacrificed his life to forgive their sins if they repent later.

To be clear, this is a question about Christian belief and not about atheist politicians lying.

F

Moves
280d

@josephw said
That's a load of BS.
Are you saying that Christian politicians deliberately lying, and believing they will be forgiven for it, is "a load of BS"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
280d

@fmf said
can deliberately lie in the course of their political activities
According to whom?

Themselves, God, their constituents?

Your usage of the word "can" implies they get away with such behavior. Who absolves them in this way?

F

Moves
280d

@suzianne said
According to whom?

Your usage of the word "can" implies they get away with such behavior. Who absolves them in this way?

The OP invites you to "Discuss" the stated belief which is one about the utility and consequence of willful "sin". Your questions shed light on the issue, so thank uou.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
279d

@fmf said
The OP invites you to "Discuss" the stated belief which is one about the utility and consequence of willful "sin". Your questions shed light on the issue, so thank uou.
Yet you don't discuss. I asked you a question.

F

Moves
279d

@suzianne said
According to whom?

According to whom?

The Christians that hold the view.

The God they worship and the doctrines attendant thereto, likeminded Christian constituents.

Your usage of the word "can" implies they get away with such behavior.

Do you believe that Christians cannot "get away with" deliberately lying? Even if they eventually repent?

Who absolves them in this way?

Jesus, according to their belief in the doctrine of atonement and their belief about repentance and forgiveness.

God/Jesus [as framed by the doctrines they believe in, including their beliefs regarding "the work Jesus did on the cross"], and, in terms of cedibility, those Christians among their constituents who share their belief in Jesus's power to "save souls".

See also: the belief that even a concentration camp guard can be saved on his or her deathbed if they repent sincerely and accept Jesus as their personal saviour.

F

Moves
279d

@fmf said

Discuss
TL;DR version

Forget politicians if you want.

What is a valid Christian perspective, according to you, on believers willfully and deliberately sinning with the intention to repent for ot later?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
279d

@fmf said
TL;DR version

Forget politicians if you want.

What is a valid Christian perspective, according to you, on believers willfully and deliberately sinning with the intention to repent for ot later?
I answered this in Thread 197517. last post on page 4.

TL;DR: You can't fool God.

F

Moves
279d

@suzianne said
You can't fool God.
So, do you believe that a Christian cannot deliberately lie and then simply repent later?