Dishonest Christian politicians

Dishonest Christian politicians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
290d

@suzianne said
I answered this in Thread 197517. last post on page 4.
If you think that answers the question I am posing on this thread, then perhaps you don’t really understand the question.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
289d

@fmf said
If you think that answers the question I am posing on this thread, then perhaps you don’t really understand the question.
Perhaps you don't understand what you're asking.

You can't see the connection? Or maybe you refuse to, just to get your little mindless jab in.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
289d
1 edit

@fmf said
Christian politicians, regardless of being on the left or right, can deliberately lie in the course of their political activities safe in the "knowledge" [i.e. belief] that Christ sacrificed his life to forgive their sins and they can repent later.

Discuss
Here's what I said in the other thread.

@pianoman1 said
They may be scoundrels, but they will still, according to believers of Christian doctrine, be saved and live everlastingly in Paradise.
This is disgraceful, like, as I have stated previously, the buying of indulgences. Christians are in effect saying that it really doesn’t matter how wicked you are in this life, so long as you say “I’m sorry.” Not a very good example of moral rectitude.

I replied:
I find it questionable as well, but we (Christians) are warned not to judge, in this case, because the deathbed confessional may be true and heartfelt. We can't see their heart, but God can. This is why I call Pascal's Wager a non-starter, because one of the givens in that argument is that one does not really believe. Since God can read your heart, you can't really "pull one over" on him.

You really don't see the connection? I'm right. You blind yourself to anything I say. Poor you.

F

Moves
289d

@suzianne said
You really don't see the connection? I'm right. You blind yourself to anything I say. Poor you.
Sure, there's a connection. But that post on that thread doesn't answer head on this question on this thread. But thanks for your contribution anyway.

F

Moves
289d

@suzianne said
Perhaps you don't understand what you're asking.
Of course I do.

F

Moves
289d

@suzianne said
You can't see the connection?
I see a "connection" but not an answer that gets to the nub of the question on this thread

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
288d

@fmf said
Christian politicians, regardless of being on the left or right, can deliberately lie in the course of their political activities safe in the "knowledge" [i.e. belief] that Christ sacrificed his life to forgive their sins and they can repent later.

Discuss
JMHO - If one is looking for the moral high ground, then the world of politics is not where you want to go. Many of these (so called) Christian politicians have no more interest in the teachings of Christ than the average field mouse.

Your statement " that Christ sacrificed his life to forgive their sins and they can repent later." is probably true in many cases, but that can also be said of Christian accountants, plumbers, and lawyers. Christians are flawed creatures, guilty of spiritual laziness at times.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
288d

@fmf said
Sure, there's a connection. But that post on that thread doesn't answer head on this question on this thread. But thanks for your contribution anyway.
Bull.

Why don't you be a man and just say you're not interested in my contribution?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
288d

@fmf said
I see a "connection" but not an answer that gets to the nub of the question on this thread
The point is that, no no one gets away with lying, esp. Christians, because God sees their heart and he knows they're lying. They don't get away with it because they say they're Christian. What a stupid question.

Is that better?

Why you couldn't figure that out from my post from the other thread is unknown, except only because I'm the one saying it. Grow a spine.

F

Moves
287d

@suzianne said
The point is that, no no one gets away with lying, esp. Christians, because God sees their heart and he knows they're lying. They don't get away with it because they say they're Christian. What a stupid question.
You don't seem to have understood that the OP question, at its very essence, is about repentance.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
287d

@fmf said
You don't seem to have understood that the OP question, at its very essence, is about repentance.
Fake repentance, like Pascal's Wager.

F

Moves
287d

@suzianne said
Fake repentance, like Pascal's Wager.
No. You've missed the point. It's about repentence. There'd be no point starting a thread about "fake repentance".

F

Moves
287d
1 edit

@fmf said

Discuss
Please note that the OP does not ask you to discuss this...

Christian politicians, regardless of being on the left or right, can deliberately lie in the course of their political activities safe in the "knowledge" [i.e. belief] that Christ sacrificed his life to forgive their sins and they can pretend to repent later.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
287d

@fmf said
Please note that the OP does not ask you to discuss this...

Christian politicians, regardless of being on the left or right, can deliberately lie in the course of their political activities safe in the "knowledge" [i.e. belief] that Christ sacrificed his life to forgive their sins and they can pretend to repent later.
Because that's not how your narrative goes?

F

Moves
287d

@suzianne said
Because that's not how your narrative goes?
The OP is simply a question that you have had a go at addressing despite, to my way of thinking, grabbing the wrong end of the stick. It is not a "narrative".