Dishonest Christian politicians

Dishonest Christian politicians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
260d

@fmf said
If you have to resort to using artificial intelligence, then maybe you should be chatting with someone else.
I actually think it brings a lot to the table.

Check this out:

Artificial intelligence can help augment a good discussion in various ways, depending on the context and the goal of the conversation. Here are some possible scenarios where AI can assist human participants in having a productive and meaningful discussion:

AI can act as a moderator or a facilitator, providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to the human participants. For example, AI can help structure the discussion, keep track of the main points and arguments, identify areas of agreement and disagreement, encourage respectful and constructive dialogue, and summarize the outcomes of the discussion. AI can also intervene when there are signs of conflict, misunderstanding, or bias, and help resolve them by clarifying the facts, providing relevant information, or suggesting alternative perspectives.

A recent example of such an AI system is IBM’s Project Debater1, which can engage in a debate with a human opponent on a given topic, using natural language processing, machine learning, and argumentation theory.

AI can act as a participant or a collaborator, contributing its own ideas, opinions, and insights to the discussion.

For example, AI can provide relevant information, data, or evidence to support or challenge a claim, generate novel or creative solutions to a problem, or offer different viewpoints or perspectives on an issue. AI can also learn from the human participants, adapting its responses and behavior to their preferences, feedback, and goals. A recent example of such an AI system is OpenAI’s GPT-32, which can generate natural language texts on various topics and tasks, using deep neural networks and large-scale language models.

AI can act as an enhancer or an amplifier, improving the quality and effectiveness of the discussion. For example, AI can help translate languages, transcribe speech, summarize texts, visualize data, or generate graphics to facilitate communication and understanding among the human participants. AI can also help analyze the discussion, identifying patterns, trends, gaps, or biases in the content or the process of the conversation. AI can then provide feedback, recommendations, or interventions to improve the discussion outcomes. A recent example of such an AI system is McKinsey’s Notes from the AI Frontier3, which provides insights from hundreds of use cases of AI across various sectors and domains.

These are just some of the ways that artificial intelligence can help augment a good discussion. However, it is important to note that AI is not a substitute for human intelligence, judgment, or values. AI is still limited by its data sources, algorithms, and design choices, and may not always be reliable, accurate, fair, or ethical. Therefore, human participants should always be aware of the strengths and limitations of AI systems, and exercise critical thinking and responsibility when using them in discussions.

I think we both can look forward to seeing how AI can clear up some of these matters when certain posters try to dishonestly reduce the scope of the conversation, for instance.

F

Moves
260d

@fmf said
Where does Jesus teach that "we should view everyone else as having valid excuses for their sins"?
BUMP

Your own answer please - not a copy-paste from somewhere else.

F

Moves
260d

@philokalia said
I think we both can look forward to seeing how AI can clear up some of these matters when certain posters try to dishonestly reduce the scope of the conversation, for instance.
I have not been "dishonestly reducing the scope of the conversation". I am asking a specific question stemming from what you posted. And you have been evasive and have suggested that the straightforward question is "too complex".

F

Moves
260d

@philokalia said
I actually think it brings a lot to the table.

Check this out:
After the words above, I skipped the copy-pasted material and read your comment at the end. Once again, if you want an artificial intelligence app to speak on your behalf on an internet message board, just go and converse with people who are interested and who perhaps want to reply in kind.

S. Korea

Moves
260d

@fmf said
After the words above, I skipped the copy-pasted material and read your comment at the end. Once again, if you want an artificial intelligence app to speak on your behalf on an internet message board, just go and converse with people who are interested and who perhaps want to reply in kind.
I’m sorry for bringing on stress due to making excellent discussion points. I did not intend to cause you any trouble or discomfort with my arguments. I respect your opinions and perspectives, and I appreciate the opportunity to exchange ideas with you.

I understand that sometimes discussions can get heated and intense, especially when we are passionate about the topics. I hope you don’t take my points personally or as an attack on your views. I value your input and feedback, and I always try to learn from you and improve my own understanding.

Please forgive me if I have offended you or made you feel uneasy in any way. I admire your intelligence and eloquence, and I enjoy having conversations with you. You are a great person to talk to, and I hope we can continue to have fruitful and respectful discussions in the future.

S. Korea

Moves
260d

@fmf said
Skipping over other people’s arguments is a form of intellectual dishonesty that undermines the quality and integrity of any discussion. When someone ignores or dismisses the points made by their interlocutor, they are not engaging in a genuine dialogue, but rather in a monologue that only serves their own agenda. They are not interested in learning from others, or in finding the truth, but only in confirming their own biases and opinions. This is a sign of arrogance and disrespect, as well as a lack of critical thinking and open-mindedness.

Furthermore, skipping over other people’s arguments is detrimental to the development of knowledge and understanding. By avoiding the challenges and objections that others raise, one is missing out on the opportunity to refine and improve their own arguments, or to discover new perspectives and insights. They are also depriving others of the chance to learn from them, and to have a fruitful exchange of ideas. This leads to a stagnation and polarization of views, rather than a growth and diversity of thought. Therefore, skipping over other people’s arguments is not only bad for discussion, but also for intellectual progress and social harmony.

F

Moves
260d

@philokalia said
Skipping over other people’s arguments is a form of intellectual dishonesty that undermines the quality and integrity of any discussion. When someone ignores or dismisses the points made by their interlocutor, they are not engaging in a genuine dialogue, but rather in a monologue that only serves their own agenda. They are not interested in learning from others, or in find ...[text shortened]... e’s arguments is not only bad for discussion, but also for intellectual progress and social harmony.
I haven't been skipping over your arguments. I have been asking you something very specific that goes to the heart of something in them that does not add up, except perhaps to someone who shares and has internalized the same beliefs as you.

You've ended up using artificial intelligence to generate generic sentences about Christian belief in an attempt to sidestep the specificity of my question.

If you think you have exposed some "intellectual dishonesty" on my part, so be it. Call it how you see it.

F

Moves
260d
1 edit

@philokalia said
Furthermore, skipping over other people’s arguments is detrimental to the development of knowledge and understanding. By avoiding the challenges and objections that others raise, one is missing out on the opportunity to refine and improve their own arguments, or to discover new perspectives and insights. They are also depriving others of the chance to learn from them, and ...[text shortened]... e’s arguments is not only bad for discussion, but also for intellectual progress and social harmony.
Skipping over other people’s arguments is detrimental to the development of knowledge and understanding. By avoiding the challenges and objections that others raise, one is missing out on the opportunity to refine and improve their own arguments, or to discover new perspectives and insights. They are also depriving others of the chance to learn from them, and to have a fruitful exchange of ideas. This leads to a stagnation and polarization of views, rather than a growth and diversity of thought. Therefore, skipping over other people’s arguments is not only bad for discussion, but also for intellectual progress and social harmony.

Oh dear.

F

Moves
260d

@philokalia said
I’m sorry for bringing on stress due to making excellent discussion points. I did not intend to cause you any trouble or discomfort with my arguments. I respect your opinions and perspectives, and I appreciate the opportunity to exchange ideas with you.

I understand that sometimes discussions can get heated and intense, especially when we are passionate about the topics ...[text shortened]... on to talk to, and I hope we can continue to have fruitful and respectful discussions in the future.
I’m sorry for bringing on stress due to making excellent discussion points. I did not intend to cause you any trouble or discomfort with my arguments.

"Stress"? "Discomfort"? What is this drivel?

F

Moves
260d

@philokalia said
I admire your intelligence and eloquence, and I enjoy having conversations with you. You are a great person to talk to, and I hope we can continue to have fruitful and respectful discussions in the future.
I admire your intelligence and eloquence, and I enjoy having conversations with you. You are a great person to talk to

I wish I could say the same about you.

F

Moves
260d
1 edit

@philokalia said
I understand that sometimes discussions can get heated and intense, especially when we are passionate about the topics.
I haven't said anything "heated and intense".

You made a couple of lengthy posts in the space of maybe less than 2 minutes. Did you use artificial intelligence to generate them?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
260d

@fmf said
You made a couple of lengthy posts in the space of maybe less than 2 minutes. Did you use artificial intelligence to generate them?
AW

Artificial Waffle

F

Moves
260d

@divegeester said
AW

Artificial Waffle
It's nadir-esque.