Brunei's new laws

Brunei's new laws

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Atheistic world views are also the stuff of speculation, you are always pointing that we look and speculate.
I've been saying all along: we can but speculate.

I've said it over and over again.

Now you are repeating it back to me?

To what end?

I already know that we can but speculate.

F

Moves
04 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
CS Lewis pointed out that the laws of motion can predict where a billiard ball will go once it is hit, the law itself will not cause the ball to move on its own.
C.S. Lewis had a cottage industry - ah, bless his cotton socks - producing little ladlefuls of banality and bromides topped up with a generous dollop of fizzy circular reasoning for the consumption - and gentle inebriation ~ of The Choir. I find him decidedly unimpressive. His writing for children was excellent though.

Moves
04 Apr 19

@divegeester said
Do you regard the new Brunei laws as being immoral?
Yes, but if I didn’t would I be wrong?

Moves
04 Apr 19

@caissad4 said
As I said "It is a matter of perspective".
All things are a matter of perspective.
There is only one absolute in the Universe.
Perhaps you will answer the OP now.
There is only one absolute and that is that there are no absolutes? A tad contradictory I would say.

F

Moves
04 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
It is more complex than that.
It is your prerogative to be as "complex" as you want to about your belief [in a God] or to subscribe to doctrines that are as "complex" as you want. It is also your prerogative to claim that what you just so happen to believe is "more complex" than what someone else believes and to make of that what you will. If it helps you to get through life and to live in a morally sound way, it seems good to me.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Apr 19

@dj2becker said
Yes
On what basis do you find the executing of homosexuals to be wrong?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Apr 19

@fmf said
Good for you. But this belief doesn't make your personal opinions about morality "objective".
I was not speaking about my opinion.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
@kellyjay said
If God is real He is as real as it gets!

@FMF replied
Good for you. But this belief doesn't make your personal opinions about morality "objective"

And your reply here is
@kellyjay said
I was not speaking about my opinion

Then what were you speaking about?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
It is more complex than that.
It really isn't.

Like all things devised by humans, 'we' as a species decide what is right and wrong and that will invariably change from place to place and time to time. So yes, something that I find evil might not be view so by somebody else (from a different location on the planet or from a different time in history). What of it? And why would you think I have a problem with that, when I have already discounted a moral lawgiver?

F

Moves
04 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Of course, you were. Your opinion is that God is real. "If God is real..." [yes, good for you, speculate as much as you want, base your life on it if you want] then [and this is my paraphrase:] "...then God is real". Tell yourself what you want. Bolster it with tautologies, if you feel the need to. In the meantime, if you have any credible proof of your God being real, let me know and ~ who knows ~ my opinion about God Being Real will most likely converge with yours.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Apr 19

@divegeester said
@kellyjay said
If God is real He is as real as it gets!

@FMF replied
Good for you. But this belief doesn't make your personal opinions about morality "objective"

And your reply here is
@kellyjay said
I was not speaking about my opinion

Then what were you speaking about?
“If” God is real. Note the word “if”, my beliefs if I voiced them would be (God, being real) or (God is real)!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Apr 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It really isn't.

Like all things devised by humans, 'we' as a species decide what is right and wrong and that will invariably change from place to place and time to time. So yes, something that I find evil might not be view so by somebody else (from a different location on the planet or from a different time in history). What of it? And why would you think I have a problem with that, when I have already discounted a moral lawgiver?
Goodness isn’t just a static set of rules. Judgment will look at two things and make a call. If two different “good” rules come into conflict something more than a rule book is required.

F

Moves
04 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
“If” God is real. Note the word “if”, my beliefs if I voiced them would be (God, being real) or (God is real)!
This tautology won't get you anywhere. It is presumably your opinion that it will.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Apr 19

@fmf said
This tautology won't get you anywhere. It is presumably your opinion that it will.
And thank you for your opinion!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Apr 19
1 edit

@fmf said
C.S. Lewis had a cottage industry - ah, bless his cotton socks - producing little ladlefuls of banality and bromides topped up with a generous dollop of fizzy circular reasoning for the consumption - and gentle inebriation ~ of The Choir. I find him decidedly unimpressive. His writing for children was excellent though.
That lowers my opinion of you. The guy could recite each book he ever read. I don’t think you spent any meaningful time looking at his work if you could write him off like that. You would not have to agree with him but unimpressed is not a call I think he deserves.

Almost forgot thank you for your opinion!