Brunei's new laws

Brunei's new laws

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Apr 19

Brunei is enacting strict new laws that make gay sex and adultery punishable by stoning to death.

Is this "evil" according to your moral outlook?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Apr 19

@fmf said
Brunei is enacting strict new laws that make gay sex and adultery punishable by stoning to death.

Three issues here;
the criminalizing of a persons sexuality
the sentence for that "crime" : death
the method: stoning

All 3 are immoral.
I cannot see any justification for any.

Moves
03 Apr 19

@fmf said

Based on my own morality, fashioned from the society I grew up in and the experiences, influences, and education that have shaped my moral outlook, I would view such a punishment as wrong and immoral.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Apr 19
1 edit

@fmf said

Absolutely; it’s a horrific attack on human rights and the civilised world should protest in the strongest terms.

On a note of protesting, I find it astonishing that none of the vocal contributors to the debates forum started a thread on this topic. There are recent threads on Trumps German father buffoonery, how to use swear words on RHP without getting modded and Fox News on Mexican counties, but nothing at from the liberal community on this as there wasn’t on Corbyn and the antisemitism row.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Apr 19

@fmf said

Yes.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Apr 19

@divegeester said
Absolutely; it’s a horrific attack on human rights and the civilised world should protest in the strongest terms.

On a note of protesting, I find it astonishing that none of the vocal contributors to the debates forum started a thread on this topic. There are recent threads on Trumps German father buffoonery, how to use swear words on RHP without getting modded and Fo ...[text shortened]... ut nothing at from the liberal community on this as there wasn’t on Corbyn and the antisemitism row.
This is the first I've heard of this, Junior.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Apr 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Based on my own morality, fashioned from the society I grew up in and the experiences, influences, and education that have shaped my moral outlook, I would view such a punishment as wrong and immoral.
That's all any of us have, Ghost.

Moves
03 Apr 19

@suzianne said
That's all any of us have, Ghost.
I thought you also had a moral law giver?

πŸ™„

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Apr 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I thought you also had a moral law giver?

πŸ™„
I thought you didn’t

Moves
03 Apr 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I thought you didn’t
I don't.

(I said 'also' as 'in addition to' that which Suzianne referenced).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Apr 19

@fmf said

You are asking if this is evil? Don’t you really mean if people approve or not, aren’t you just asking for opinions?

F

Moves
03 Apr 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I thought you didn’t
So whose "north star" should we set our "compasses" for? The Sultan of Brunei's, Ghost of a Duke's or KellyJay's?

F

Moves
03 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
You are asking if this is evil? Don’t you really mean if people approve or not, aren’t you just asking for opinions?
I am asking you if you think it is "evil"? You can dodge the question if you want to. It's your prerogative.

w

Moves
03 Apr 19

@fmf said
I am asking you if you think it is "evil"? You can dodge the question if you want to. It's your prerogative.
Is that not Sharia law?

Do you think Sharia law is evil?

F

Moves
03 Apr 19

@whodey said
Is that not Sharia law?

Do you think Sharia law is evil?
Some of it is OK. Some of it strikes me as "evil", yes. I oppose capital punishment; I don't think homosexuality, in and of itself, is immoral; and I don't think adultery is any of the government's business aside from the courts presiding over contested divorces. Do you think the Sultan of Brunei's new laws are "evil"?