Brunei's new laws

Brunei's new laws

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Apr 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I thought you also had a moral law giver?

🙄
It just so happens that my moral outlook and his agree.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Apr 19

@divegeester said
Why is there a gap between Lyons and Spakowski?
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
04 Apr 19

@dj2becker said
If ‘evil’ is relative and not absolute are people that would disagree with you entitled to their opinions and are their opinions just as valid as yours?
All things are relative. It is a matter of perspective.

Moves
04 Apr 19
1 edit

@caissad4 said
All things are relative. It is a matter of perspective.
If your statement that ‘all things are relative’ is also relative, how can you be sure that it is true?

The statement ‘all things are relative’ sounds like you are making an absolute generalization which is in contradiction to the statement itself.

Moves
04 Apr 19

@suzianne said
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean.
It was a bit cryptic I admit.

Have you never seen the movie “Fallen”?

Moves
04 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
And?
Checkmate I believe.

Moves
04 Apr 19

@dj2becker said
If your statement that ‘all things are relative’ is also relative, how can you be sure that it is true?

The statement ‘all things are relative’ sounds like you are making an absolute generalization which is in contradiction to the statement itself.
Do you regard the new Brunei laws as being immoral?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Apr 19

@divegeester said
It was a bit cryptic I admit.

Have you never seen the movie “Fallen”?
No, I haven't.

Am I missing out?

FOMO.

Moves
04 Apr 19

@suzianne said
No, I haven't.

Am I missing out?

FOMO.
IMO yes, it’s a ‘good cop’ Denzel Washington vehicle about a demon called Azazel who persues him by possessing people and committing murders to frame him. John Goodman also stars and is excellent. Surprised you’ve not seen it.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
04 Apr 19

@dj2becker said

As I said "It is a matter of perspective".
All things are a matter of perspective.
There is only one absolute in the Universe.
Perhaps you will answer the OP now.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Apr 19

@caissad4 said
All things are a matter of perspective.
2+2

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Apr 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Opinions often converge on such issues.
Quite right, and those same issues can have others in complete disagreement with those that do converge and agreeing with each other. If we cannot even discern what is good or bad what does that make us, blind? Do you think those that made the law under discussion think its good? Should anyone be held to a meaningless standard, if there is no such thing as a real good? If we are making it up as we go then there are no bad laws either, but we know that isn't the case.

Matthew 12:33-35 English Standard Version (ESV)
“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit. You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil.

F

Moves
04 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Should anyone be held to a meaningless standard, if there is no such thing as a real good?
You seem to be under the impression that moral ideas that differ from yours are "meaningless" and that your "standard" is everybody's standard and that your opinion about "real" good is something that others necessarily share. And yet everything you bring to bear on the question posed by this thread's OP is subjective and is merely your perspective.

F

Moves
04 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Matthew 12:33-35 English Standard Version (ESV)
“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit. You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil.
What bearing does Matthew 12:33-35 have on your condemnation of the Sultan of Brunei's new laws?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Apr 19

@fmf said
You seem to be under the impression that moral ideas that differ from yours are "meaningless" and that your "standard" is everybody's standard and that your opinion about "real" good is something that others necessarily share. And yet everything you bring to bear on the question posed by this thread's OP is subjective and is merely your perspective.
If its just your perspective than if I disagree with you, am I what to you then, an enemy? This does seem to be the path many people take, disagreement means hate.