The Trump Classified Records Indictment

The Trump Classified Records Indictment

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
354d
1 edit

@metal-brain said
I don't believe you. Provide your source. Here is mine:

From the link below:

On February 8, the the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) released a statement after reports began to circulate regarding the organization receiving 15 boxes of documents. The organization insists that it has been a part of a mutual ongoing effort to retrieve presidential d ...[text shortened]... go-trump-documents-1677324

What you described was NARA threatening Trump, not mutual cooperation.
I provided the source; the indictment. Specifically, Page 17, Paragraph 37.

MB

Moves
354d

@no1marauder said
The FBI is under the jurisdiction of the DOJ.

Trump is not charged with retaining the classified documents he did voluntarily turn over nor not even the majority of those obtained by Grand Jury subpoena and search warrant. But he violated 18 USC 793 the moment he took and retained any national defense materials after he was President. He was treated with extraordinary ...[text shortened]... g charged for his criminal conduct, but he persisted in the same even after the Grand Jury subpoena.
" he violated 18 USC 793 the moment he took and retained any national defense materials after he was President."

Are you seriously claiming Biden did not take and retain any documents? He took them and had them for years. You are being dishonest to maintain hypocrisy in judgement for partisan reasons.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
354d
1 edit

@metal-brain said
" he violated 18 USC 793 the moment he took and retained any national defense materials after he was President."

Are you seriously claiming Biden did not take and retain any documents? He took them and had them for years. You are being dishonest to maintain hypocrisy in judgement for partisan reasons.
The statute requires "willfulness". That means an act which is "intentional, conscious and directed toward achieving a purpose." https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=2250

In the case of 18 USC 793(e), that would mean one have to have known they had national defense information and intend to retain it. There's no evidence supporting such a conclusion in Biden's case; all such documents were quickly handed over to the relevant authorities soon after their discovery. Same with Pence.

MB

Moves
354d

@no1marauder said
I provided the source; the indictment.
How do you know you were really reading the indictment? Just admit you got it from wikipedia. NARA said Trump cooperated in a statement according to Newsweek. Can you prove Newsweek wrong?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
354d

@metal-brain said
How do you know you were really reading the indictment? Just admit you got it from wikipedia. NARA said Trump cooperated in a statement according to Newsweek. Can you prove Newsweek wrong?
You're a complete imbecile. The text of the indictment is all over the web; I gave a link to it in the OP.

The day after that press release, NARA referred the matter to the DOJ. What does that tell you?

MB

Moves
354d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
The statute requires "willfulness".
So they just fell into his garage? LOL!

Give it up. You are trying to justify a clear double standard and you are failing miserably. Do you expect any sane person to believe Biden did not mean to take them and store them in his garage and other places?

MB

Moves
354d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
You're a complete imbecile. The text of the indictment is all over the web; I gave a link to it in the OP.

The day after that press release, NARA referred the matter to the DOJ. What does that tell you?
Yes, but the actual indictment does not contain the lies you got from Wikipedia.

"The day after that press release, NARA referred the matter to the DOJ. What does that tell you?"

What the heck are you talking about? Which press release?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
354d

@metal-brain said
Yes, but the actual indictment does not contain the lies you got from Wikipedia.

"The day after that press release, NARA referred the matter to the DOJ. What does that tell you?"

What the heck are you talking about? Which press release?
It's a verbatim quote from the indictment.

The press release from NARA YOU referred to.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
354d

This is a waste of time; you are obviously appallingly ignorant of the actual facts of the case and have no interest in learning them relying instead on doing what you have done for over 7 years i.e. repeating dumb propaganda for Trump.

MB

Moves
354d

@no1marauder said
It's a verbatim quote from the indictment.

The press release from NARA YOU referred to.
Now you just exposed yourself to be a liar. That press release was after the FBI raid, not before. Make up lies much?

MB

Moves
354d

@no1marauder said
This is a waste of time; you are obviously appallingly ignorant of the actual facts of the case and have no interest in learning them relying instead on doing what you have done for over 7 years i.e. repeating dumb propaganda for Trump.
Read the indictment instead of making up lies about it.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-indictment-documents-922839660373

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
354d
2 edits

@metal-brain said
Now you just exposed yourself to be a liar. That press release was after the FBI raid, not before. Make up lies much?
No, it wasn't you damn fool. From your post:

"On February 8, the the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) released a statement after reports began to circulate regarding the organization receiving 15 boxes of documents. The organization insists that it has been a part of a mutual ongoing effort to retrieve presidential documents, not a raid."

MB

Moves
354d

@no1marauder said
No, it wasn't you damn fool. From your post:

"On February 8, the the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) released a statement after reports began to circulate regarding the organization receiving 15 boxes of documents. The organization insists that it has been a part of a mutual ongoing effort to retrieve presidential documents, not a raid."
You idiot!

Read the last sentence of the very quote you just posted. DUH!!!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
354d
1 edit

@metal-brain said
You idiot!

Read the last sentence of the very quote you just posted. DUH!!!!
The one that says there was no "raid"? Here's the title from the Newsweek link you provided:

National Archives Denies Raiding Mar-a-Lago for Trump Documents
BY ERIN BRADY ON 2/8/22 AT 2:59 PM EST

Look at the date, you pathetic moron. The FBI didn't execute the search warrant at Margo Largo until August 8, 2022. And on February 9th, 2022 NARA referred the matter to the DOJ, so they obviously weren't satisfied with Trump's "cooperation".

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
354d

@metal-brain said
So they just fell into his garage? LOL!

Give it up. You are trying to justify a clear double standard and you are failing miserably. Do you expect any sane person to believe Biden did not mean to take them and store them in his garage and other places?
Biden has nothing to do with it.

If you drive through a red light and the police catch you, your defense cannot be: “the guy before me did it too, officer.”

You wanna play, you gotta be ready to pay!