The Trump Classified Records Indictment

The Trump Classified Records Indictment

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
340d

@no1marauder
Harvard Poll: Most Voters Say Trump Indictment Is Election Interference

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/17/harvard-poll-most-voters-say-trump-indictment-election-interference-believe-hell-be-acquitted/

Welcome to the dark side no1. Now you support election interference. You have come full circle.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
340d

@mott-the-hoople said
Anything in the article concerning biden is irrelevant , biden wasnt president, nixon was. The scotus ruling is all that matters. The rest about biden is written by bidens people.
Actually Nixon was ex-President, not President, at time of the case cited in the article and he lost. Among the reasons why:

"At the same time, however, the fact that neither President Ford nor President Carter supports appellant's claim detracts from the weight of his contention that the Act impermissibly intrudes into the executive function and the needs of the Executive Branch. This necessarily follows, for it must be presumed that the incumbent President is vitally concerned with and in the best position to assess the present and future needs of the Executive Branch, and to support invocation of the privilege accordingly."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/433/425

When he was President, the SCOTUS unanimously held:

"We conclude that, when the ground for asserting privilege as to subpoenaed materials sought for use in a criminal trial is based only on the generalized interest in confidentiality, it cannot prevail over the fundamental demands of due process of law in the fair administration of criminal justice. The generalized assertion of privilege must yield to the demonstrated, specific need for evidence in a pending criminal trial."

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/418/683/

Moves
340d

put the goal posts back…

““ In Nixon II, the Supreme Court determined that the Communications Privilege continues to protect presidential communications after the conclusion of the Administration within which the communication occurred and may be asserted by the former President.1 As described above, the Court found that a former President may legitimate ...[text shortened]... President’s tenure.“ ”

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
340d
2 edits

@mott-the-hoople said
put the goal posts back…

““ In Nixon II, the Supreme Court determined that the Communications Privilege continues to protect presidential communications after the conclusion of the Administration within which the communication occurred and may be asserted by the former President.1 As described above, the Court found that a former President may legitimate President’s tenure.“ ”
Cite me a case where an ex-President successfully asserted "executive privilege" where the incumbent President did not support such claim.

I'll wait.

Moreover in Nixon v. US, the SCOTUS says an executive privilege claim by the incumbent President fails where the materials are sought for use in a criminal trial, never mind such a claim by an ex-President.

Either way or both ways, Trump's claim fails.

Moves
339d

@no1marauder said
Cite me a case where an ex-President successfully asserted "executive privilege" where the incumbent President did not support such claim.

I'll wait.

Moreover in Nixon v. US, the SCOTUS says an executive privilege claim by the incumbent President fails where the materials are sought for use in a criminal trial, never mind such a claim by an ex-President.

Either way or both ways, Trump's claim fails.
lets just call it what it is...election interference and cover for bidens illegal payoffs.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
339d

@mott-the-hoople said
lets just call it what it is...election interference and cover for bidens illegal payoffs.
It's a curious idea - this all of a sudden right wing mantra that running for an office grants you immunity from obeying the laws of the United States.

Moves
339d

@no1marauder said
It's a curious idea - this all of a sudden right wing mantra that running for an office grants you immunity from obeying the laws of the United States.
nothing curious about democrats and their corrupt actions

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
339d

@Mott-The-Hoople
Right, another attempt at distraction, Hillary, Hillary, Hunter, PUT EM IN JAIL, ESPECIALLY if my god King Trump who actually IS above the law, if HE gets convicted, it is Civil War 2.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
339d

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
339d
1 edit

@AThousandYoung
You really think the zombies here are going to care about the truth?
You forget they gave up the ability to think for themselves and EVERYONE else is bad except Trump.
My own sister is a Trumpite and I said what if he is convicted? THE COURTS ARE CORRUPT. That was her answer and the answer of millions of Trump's base, sad as it is.
I think his base will think him innocent no matter what the court and jury says.

MB

Moves
338d

@sonhouse said
@AThousandYoung
You really think the zombies here are going to care about the truth?
You forget they gave up the ability to think for themselves and EVERYONE else is bad except Trump.
My own sister is a Trumpite and I said what if he is convicted? THE COURTS ARE CORRUPT. That was her answer and the answer of millions of Trump's base, sad as it is.
I think his base will think him innocent no matter what the court and jury says.
Why do you have such a seething hatred for Trump? Is it only because he is bombastic? You didn't seem to have a problem with his policies when he was POTUS, except the policies Biden continued, then you rolled over and made excuses for Biden putting illegal aliens in cages and other continued policies.