The Trump Classified Records Indictment

The Trump Classified Records Indictment

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
15 Jun 23

@vivify said
Forget to return is not the same thing as deliberately took. Forgetting to return a library book is not as serious as deliberately leaving with it knowing you weren't cleared to have it.

Biden may or may not have remembered to return the docs but Trump deliberately took documents he admitted on tape that he didn't declassify; then he refused to return them when asked by ...[text shortened]... having them.

No matter how much you flop around there is no equivalence between Trump and Biden.
WTF are you thinking?

Are you suggesting Biden took them but it was not deliberate? Was he sleep walking?

" but Trump deliberately took documents he admitted on tape that he didn't declassify; then he refused to return them when asked by NARA "

He did not refuse to return documents to NARA. He returned documents to NARA voluntarily and some were classified documents which is what got him in trouble. Like Mr. Magoo he had no idea he was sending NARA the documents that would get him in all of this trouble. He forgot he had them. After all, he is old. Old people forget things.

rain

Moves
15 Jun 23

@metal-brain said
WTF are you thinking?

Are you suggesting Biden took them but it was not deliberate? Was he sleep walking?
Biden may have simply forgot to return documents that he received legally

Trump deliberately took documents he took wasn't supposed to have.

There's no equivalence.

MB

Moves
15 Jun 23

@vivify said

There's no equivalence.
So you are saying it is a difference between received and took?
So Biden was just some clueless recipient of classified documents? Wasn't even sure what they were? LOL!

Who sent them to Biden, the classified documents fairy?

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Jun 23

@metal-brain said
So you are saying it is a difference between received and took?
So Biden was just some clueless recipient of classified documents? Wasn't even sure what they were? LOL!

Who sent them to Biden, the classified documents fairy?
It has nothing to do with Biden. See my previous post.

And really… you still wet your undies and you think you’re gonna win a debate from a lawyer?

Sources, jurisprudence, case names, etc.
Otherwise you’re wasting perfectly good time you could be masturbating to the sound of your momma fukking the milkman.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
15 Jun 23
1 edit

@vivify said

There's no equivalence.
Tell me vivify, I counted 25 boxes of documents in one pic from Mar a Lago.

Are you saying that Trump had documents he was not supposed to have, and can you substantiate that?

I'd love to know, if that's the case, how the National Archives knew he had the documents that *somebody* got for Trump.
Or are you saying that Trump *stole* the documents?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Jun 23

@metal-brain said
I read the parts you cite. Cite another if you have the courage. It backfired on you last time because you didn't notice the date of something. You never read the whole indictment. It is too long unless you want to admit you have no life. Who do you think you are fooling?

Polly want a cracker? Repeat it again parrot man.
It's 49 pages you pathetic idiot and I accurately quoted it including the dates. Then you falsely accused me of using stuff from Wikipedia when I was using verbatim quotes from the indictment!

Since you'll almost definitely pull the same crap again, I don't feel like wasting my time but anyone who reads the indictment knows there's a long section specifically dealing with Trump's deliberate noncompliance with the Grand Jury subpoena. Your continued parroting of Trump propaganda doesn't change that.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Jun 23

@earl-of-trumps said
Tell me vivify, I counted 25 boxes of documents in one pic from Mar a Lago.

Are you saying that Trump had documents he was not supposed to have, and can you substantiate that?

I'd love to know, if that's the case, how the National Archives knew he had the documents that *somebody* got for Trump.
Or are you saying that Trump *stole* the documents?
What would you call taking property that doesn't belong to you with no intention of ever returning it to the rightful owner?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Jun 23

What's striking to me is how consistently the DOJ has handled the cases where ex-officials were found to have had classified materials after they left office. They have rigorously applied the standard Comey set forth in July 2016:

""In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice."

Biden's and Pence's quick compliance once such documents were discovered in areas under their control stands in sharp contrast to Trump's efforts to retain them. But even Trump was given a pass on documents he voluntarily, if grudgingly, turned over to NARA in January 2022 - he does not face any charges for those documents. It is only where the government had to resort to legally compulsive processes like a Grand Jury subpoena and later a search warrant (after he defied the subpoena) did it file charges based on the prongs of the test that require "clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information" and "efforts to obstruct justice."

The same legal standards were applied in all these cases; it was Trump's behavior that distinguishes them.

MB

Moves
15 Jun 23

@no1marauder said
It's 49 pages you pathetic idiot and I accurately quoted it including the dates. Then you falsely accused me of using stuff from Wikipedia when I was using verbatim quotes from the indictment!

Since you'll almost definitely pull the same crap again, I don't feel like wasting my time but anyone who reads the indictment knows there's a long section specifically dealing w ...[text shortened]... ance with the Grand Jury subpoena. Your continued parroting of Trump propaganda doesn't change that.
Yeah, the quote was from the previous year and quite irrelevant because of that. It was a friendly reminder, not a stern warning as you would mislead us all to believe.
You need to grow up. NARA said Trump was cooperating.

Moves
15 Jun 23

@no1marauder said
What's striking to me is how consistently the DOJ has handled the cases where ex-officials were found to have had classified materials after they left office. They have rigorously applied the standard Comey set forth in July 2016:

""In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support brin ...[text shortened]... me legal standards were applied in all these cases; it was Trump's behavior that distinguishes them.
so Smashing phones, wiping hard drives and deleting emails that have been subpoenaed is normal business?

Moves
15 Jun 23
1 edit

@metal-brain said
Once again, Trump did not refuse to return the documents. He was just delaying it pending a legal attempt to assert executive privilege. Also, the assertion that Biden promptly returned the documents he was holding was only after he was caught. He had them for a very long time, longer than Trump has his.

Trump was trying to see what he could get away with legally befor ...[text shortened]... them over. That is all. Hardly something that warrants a conviction. It was a delay, not a refusal.
lets not forget the fbi helped biden hide his having these documents till after the election

Moves
15 Jun 23

Lets recap what happened… the staterun media is trying to change the narrative..,

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/3827051-the-truth-about-bidens-document-debacle-he-didnt-self-report/

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jun 23
2 edits

@mott-the-hoople said
Lets recap what happened… the staterun media is trying to change the narrative..,

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/3827051-the-truth-about-bidens-document-debacle-he-didnt-self-report/
The Hill, a Republican mouthpiece, Republican opinion. Corporate media wants to change the narrative back to Trump's lies.

MB

Moves
15 Jun 23

@mott-the-hoople said
lets not forget the fbi helped biden hide his having these documents till after the election
More election meddling? Interesting.
Got a link about it?

MB

Moves
15 Jun 23

@mott-the-hoople said
so Smashing phones, wiping hard drives and deleting emails that have been subpoenaed is normal business?
Heard she had someone use this.

https://www.bleachbit.org/