Ruth Ginsberg

Ruth Ginsberg

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Sep 20

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Sep 20

@Mott-The-Hoople I was always disappointed that Ginsburg did not step down over the last couple of years due to failing health, and not being able to keep up with the Nation's business. I wonder why she would not do that, so that a successor could pick up the flag.

m

Moves
19 Sep 20

@dendron said
@Mott-The-Hoople I was always disappointed that Ginsburg did not step down over the last couple of years due to failing health, and not being able to keep up with the Nation's business. I wonder why she would not do that, so that a successor could pick up the flag.
I think she wanted to outlast the current administration.
Didn't quite make it.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
19 Sep 20

@vivify said
I wonder why Republicans didn't take advantage of this when they had the chance.
Because they didn’t have the moral authority to do it. But if the Republicans push a conservative candidate through the Democrats will have.
6:5 to the conservatives would be fair play.
Two new liberal seats required.

rain

Moves
20 Sep 20

@kevcvs57 said
Because they didn’t have the moral authority to do it.
Let me ask a serious question. I'd appreciate a serious answer.

After all you've witnessed these past four years, why do you believe Republicans would've been concerned about morals?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Sep 20

@ponderable said
Nothing, the Seante majority leader is on record with that statement:

The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president,” McConnell said,

He wouldn't be lying like his buddy, would he? Conseravtives would rally him out very soon if they caught him standing neither to the truth no to his explained principles.
The entire Republican party is tarred with the hypocrite brush over this.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Sep 20

@mott-the-hoople said
unusual amount of squirming going on this morning 😂
Totally normal amount of hypocrisy going on this evening.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Sep 20

@mott-the-hoople said
a lot of people are in prison for the killing of the “unborn” if you want to talk about laws.

If a pregnant women is killed it counts as two.

https://www.newsweek.com/why-are-fetuses-included-mass-shooting-death-tolls-705928
Fetuses, not babies.

Not a Communications major, I take it?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Sep 20
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said
the situation is a lot different now. Due to democrats trying to use judges to control our election process (now the usps too) the scotus will most likely decide the next US president.
The only difference was the president was a Democrat then, and a Republican now.

Just as a refresher, that's called hypocrisy.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Sep 20

@mott-the-hoople said
how can dems expand anything without control of the house and senate?
Who says they won't control both by January?

In fact, it seems likely.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Sep 20

@dendron said
She managed to keep up with the nation's business right to the end.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Sep 20

@Suzianne
And now it will be a fight to keep women's rights in place. I'm sure Trump was frothing at the mouth when RBG died, couldn't wait till she cooled off to try to push through yet another ultrarightwingnut as POTUS. I hope we can fight him off, they say even if he loses, as a lame duck in January, he can still try to pull it off, get his buddy installed before Biden takes office and maybe Moscow Mitch's last screw job as a senator.
We want our country back.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
20 Sep 20

@sonhouse - And now it will be a fight to keep women's rights in place.

And you bleat this nonsense out when you know Trump is nominating a woman to the Supreme Court.

No creds. I place your rantings in the "spam" category.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
20 Sep 20

@earl-of-trumps said
@sonhouse - And now it will be a fight to keep women's rights in place.

And you bleat this nonsense out when you know Trump is nominating a woman to the Supreme Court.

No creds. I place your rantings in the "spam" category.
Just becuase trump is nominating a woman doesn’t mean she’s gonna promote woman’s rights, does it?

So, stop bleating the party line. It makes you sound moronic.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
20 Sep 20

@ponderable said
Actually in Germany the Supreme Court (Bundesverfassungsgericht) the courst id divided into two senates of 8. Only very seldom the whole court is involved. I presume that is the same for the other nations with large highest courts.
In the UK a high court trial has one judge. The Court of Appeal has three Appeal Court judges sitting and if a case gets as far as the Supreme Court only five of the Law Lords try it.

The other difference from the US system is that judges are not political appointees. They're expected to make their decisions in a politically unbiased manner.