Ruth Ginsberg

Ruth Ginsberg

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
20 Sep 20

@no1marauder said
What makes 13 or 15 an "unmanageable size"?
There is the danger of getting into a race. In Britain, in a struggle over the Conservative majority in the House of Lords, for the last 20 odd years successive governments have appointed so many life peers that there's about 200 more Peers than fit in the chamber. Decimation is clearly the way forward.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Sep 20

@vivify said
Let me ask a serious question. I'd appreciate a serious answer.

After all you've witnessed these past four years, why do you believe Republicans would've been concerned about morals?
Morals had nothing to do with it. Political consequences did.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Sep 20

@earl-of-trumps said
And you bleat this nonsense out when you know Trump is nominating a woman to the Supreme Court.
No creds. I place your rantings in the "spam" category.
You assume a woman will stand up for women's rights?

Why?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
20 Sep 20

@vivify said
Let me ask a serious question. I'd appreciate a serious answer.

After all you've witnessed these past four years, why do you believe Republicans would've been concerned about morals?
I am going on the assumption that the Dems win the senate and the whitehouse. In which case what does it matter what republicans do or don’t care about. The Dems can shove two judges down their throats.

Moves
20 Sep 20

@kevcvs57 said
I am going on the assumption that the Dems win the senate and the whitehouse. In which case what does it matter what republicans do or don’t care about. The Dems can shove two judges down their throats.
if you feel that way, what is wrong with republicans shoving ONE down dems throats?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
20 Sep 20

@mott-the-hoople said
if you feel that way, what is wrong with republicans shoving ONE down dems throats?
I’m going on the assumption that the Republicans are going to set the precedent. If they don’t then the Dems will not have the moral authority to hit back.
Obviously

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Sep 20
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
@sonhouse - And now it will be a fight to keep women's rights in place.

And you bleat this nonsense out when you know Trump is nominating a woman to the Supreme Court.

No creds. I place your rantings in the "spam" category.
Shouldn't right wingers be screaming about that? After all, you did when Biden committed to select a woman as his VP.

Pretty sure I can dig up some posts of you doing so, Earl.

Moves
20 Sep 20

@vivify
.....And rapists like TRUMP......The judge just lies, THE PRESIDENT pays hush money !

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
20 Sep 20

@wolfgang59 said
You assume a woman will stand up for women's rights?

Why?
you ask very dumb questions. spam. all spam.

what's a "woman's right?"

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
20 Sep 20

@no1marauder said
Shouldn't right wingers be screaming about that? After all, you did when Biden committed to select a woman as his VP.

Pretty sure I can dig up some posts of you doing so, Earl.
She was almost selected last time. I think she is a great pick.

When Trump said "... and it's going to be a woman", he was snarking Biden saying that about his announcing
that his VP pick would be a woman.

I do NOT like someone like Trump or Biden playing identity politics, but under the circumstances, Trump did it with great gusto
and I personally agree with his jabbing at Biden lol. loved it.

I like Amy Barrett. She'll be fine. I know this because libs hate her. very simple. They decide for me. No brainer.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Sep 20
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said

When Trump said "... and it's going to be a woman", he was snarking Biden saying that about his announcing

I do NOT like someone like Trump or Biden playing identity politics, but under the circumstances, Trump did it with great gusto
and I personally agree with ...[text shortened]... ett. She'll be fine. I know this because libs hate her. very simple. They decide for me. No brainer.
So:

Biden did it: BAD!

Trump did it: GREAT!

There's been no announcement that Amy Coney Barrett is going to be the nominee. She's been a judge the grand total of (almost) 3 years.

Lagoa would be a better choice.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
20 Sep 20

@no1marauder said
So:

Biden did it: BAD!

Trump did it: GREAT!

There's been no announcement that Amy Coney Barrett is going to be the nominee. She's been a judge the grand total of (almost) 3 years.

Lagoa would be a better choice.
Yes, Biden doing it was identity politics. Trump doing it was mocking Biden.
You can call what Trump did a childish slam. I would agree, but that is Trump.

As far as the choice is concerned, I don't *really* care, although I like Barrett. I grew up going to a catholic school. Notre Dame! Cool.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Sep 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Yes, Biden doing it was identity politics. Trump doing it was mocking Biden.
You can call what Trump did a childish slam. I would agree, but that is Trump.

As far as the choice is concerned, I don't *really* care, although I like Barrett. I grew up going to a catholic school. Notre Dame! Cool.
"Trump has vowed the nominee would be a woman.

"It will be a woman. A very talented, very brilliant woman, who I haven't chosen yet, but we have numerous women on the list," Trump said Saturday night."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-asked-a-group-of-women-at-his-campaign-rally-if-their-husbands-are-okay-with-their-attendance/ar-BB19emA5

So that isn't "identity politics" even though it is the SAME THING Biden did which was according to you?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Sep 20

Take some solace from this quote, Earl:

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

That means you can go back to screaming "identity politics" the next time a Democrat does what Donald Trump is doing.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
20 Sep 20

@earl-of-trumps said

and I personally agree with ...[text shortened]... ett. She'll be fine. I know this because libs hate her. very simple. They decide for me. No brainer.
Yeah we know earl “My duckhead right or wrong” I’m paraphrasing here.