Standard memberRemoved
Debates 18 Sep '20 23:54
  1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 09:39
    @zahlanzi said
    Can senate democrats filibuster the vote until Biden is sworn in?
    I thought they changed the filibuster rules recently so that filibusters cannot be used to prevent a confirmation vote.

Not sure on this, though. No.1?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 10:28
    @lemondrop said
    sad news
    I don't know what the nomination process is a month or so from an election
    Nothing, the Seante majority leader is on record with that statement:

The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president,” McConnell said,

He wouldn't be lying like his buddy, would he? Conseravtives would rally him out very soon if they caught him standing neither to the truth no to his explained principles.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 11:17
    @ponderable said
    Nothing, the Seante majority leader is on record with that statement:

The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president,” McConnell said,

He wouldn't be lying like his buddy, would he? Conseravtives would rally him out very soon if they caught him standing neither to the truth no to his explained principles.
    unusual amount of squirming going on this morning 😂
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 11:191 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    The statement is not proven because it is false.
    Babies are not killed if they haven't been born yet.
    Like Mott so strenuously pointed out in another thread, the US is a land of laws.
    a lot of people are in prison for the killing of the “unborn” if you want to talk about laws.

If a pregnant women is killed it counts as two.

https://www.newsweek.com/why-are-fetuses-included-mass-shooting-death-tolls-705928
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 11:20
    @mott-the-hoople said
    unusual amount of squirming going on this morning 😂
    Did he say that or didn't he?

Would it be principled to say once so and once the other way?
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 11:51
    @mott-the-hoople said
    for her, I guess trying to answer why she allowed so many babies to be killed.
    What? In Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq?
    That was you guys surely?
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 11:52
    @ponderable said

the situation is a lot different now. Due to democrats trying to use judges to control our election process (now the usps too) the scotus will most likely decide the next US president.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 11:58
    @Mott-The-Hoople

Well if Trump is so well loved as he claims to be and is the best president ever there will be just a landslide victory and no need for any hast.

If you actually think that is is proper not to accept the result and help your guy on the chair by a skewed court, well we know about the quality anyway.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 11:59
    @ponderable said

I think No1 called it, Bitch McConnell will push another misogynistic scumbag onto the bench by January giving the Dems the moral justification for cancelling it and Trumps other placements out by expanding SCOTUS with liberals.
    Good luck finding another RBG though.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 12:13
    @kevcvs57 said
    I think No1 called it, Bitch McConnell will push another misogynistic scumbag onto the bench by January giving the Dems the moral justification for cancelling it and Trumps other placements out by expanding SCOTUS with liberals.
    Good luck finding another RBG though.
    how can dems expand anything without control of the house and senate?
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 12:15
    @ponderable said
    @Mott-The-Hoople

Well if Trump is so well loved as he claims to be and is the best president ever there will be just a landslide victory and no need for any hast.

If you actually think that is is proper not to accept the result and help your guy on the chair by a skewed court, well we know about the quality anyway.
    as evidenced by judges taking control of the USPS and dem governors extending vote result time lines by weeks, yes I think foul play is to be expected.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 12:21
    @mott-the-hoople said
    how can dems expand anything without control of the house and senate?
    Clearly they will have to win the senate but if the Republicans do what they are threatening to do after saying what they said about the pre election nominations in 2016 it’s a fore gone conclusion.
    Or
    This is the America that most Americans want and so be it.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 12:42
    @mott-the-hoople said
    as evidenced by judges taking control of the USPS and dem governors extending vote result time lines by weeks, yes I think foul play is to be expected.
    Or better phrased......taking control of the USPS away from the Trump campaign.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 13:13
    @mghrn55 said
    Or better phrased......taking control of the USPS away from the Trump campaign.
    who was ELECTED to control the govt agencies?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '20 13:15
    @kevcvs57 said
    Clearly they will have to win the senate but if the Republicans do what they are threatening to do after saying what they said about the pre election nominations in 2016 it’s a fore gone conclusion.
    Or
    This is the America that most Americans want and so be it.
    all I hear is what the republicans said about this...what did the democrats say? oh yeah, the democrats dont want to do it that way now do they?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree