Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 20:46
    @sh76 said
    I already explained earlier in the thread that BECAUSE they 'are allowed to get married,' the field of people drawn to the profession includes more heterosexual adult-interested people.

Because Catholic priest are not allowed to get married, the pool of people interested in become Catholic priests includes more pedophiles than the general population, as it decreases the numbe ...[text shortened]... married (in eras when that was considered unusual) and providing ready access to potential targets.
    Did your Mommy pick your wife for you?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 20:57
    @Duchess64
    That makes America GRATE again.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 20:57
    @athousandyoung said
    Did your Mommy pick your wife for you?
    Let's pretend I don't know what you're talking about and humor me.
  4. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 21:031 edit
    @sh76 said
    Let's pretend I don't know what you're talking about and humor me.
    Jewish men are so emasculated they need arranged marriages and don’t even know how sex works.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/hasidic-jew-runs-orthodox-roots-arranged-marriage-child/story?id=15540395
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 23:25
    @sh76 said
    I already explained earlier in the thread that BECAUSE they 'are allowed to get married,' the field of people drawn to the profession includes more heterosexual adult-interested people.

Because Catholic priest are not allowed to get married, the pool of people interested in become Catholic priests includes more pedophiles than the general population, as it decreases the numbe ...[text shortened]... married (in eras when that was considered unusual) and providing ready access to potential targets.
    "Certainly, it makes sense that pedophiles would choose to become Catholic priests, both providing an alibi for never getting married (in eras when that was considered unusual) and providing ready access to potential targets."
    --Sh76

Some homosexual male pedophiles prefer to marry (divorced or widowed) women with young children.
    Then he could tell people like Sh76, "How could I be a pedophile? I'm married to a woman!"
    And he would have access to her young children.
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 02:23
    @duchess64 said
    "Certainly, it makes sense that pedophiles would choose to become Catholic priests, both providing an alibi for never getting married (in eras when that was considered unusual) and providing ready access to potential targets."
    --Sh76

Some homosexual male pedophiles prefer to marry (divorced or widowed) women with young children.
    Then he could tell people like Sh76, "How could I be a pedophile? I'm married to a woman!"
    And he would have access to her young children.
    Except for the homosexual part that is basically the plot of Lolita.
  7. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 03:013 edits
    @moonbus said
    How infantile that you dodge the issue by getting personal. This has nothing to do with me or the problems I face.

How ironic that you use the word “propaganda” in just this context, the original meaning of which was “to propagate the (Catholic) faith.” This has nothing to do with Protestantism.

It’s about crimes of sexual abuse committed by Catholic clergy, and cover ...[text shortened]... dence, over to the civil justice system and be prepared to see them put in prison where they belong.
    I don't defend the failings of the Church. I do however insist that it be acknowledged that the problems the Church faces are not uniquely Catholic. Every organized religion has these problems...but the Protestant churches and Jewish religious populations hide their sins while shrieking about the sins of Catholics. Your biases are a product of this culture.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/03/01/why-anti-catholicism-will-rise/

Historian Arthur Schlesinger Sr. called anti-Catholicism “the deepest-held bias in the history of the American people.” Few Catholics today remember the reality of it or the shapes it took either in politics or popular culture outside the bounds of entertainment. Were she still alive, my great-aunt Kitty would be happy to tell you.
    She moved to Virginia, a predominantly Protestant state, early in 1942. America had just entered the war. She needed a job; conscripts were leaving theirs. Yet even then, popular anti-Catholic sentiment balked at filling vacancies with papists. Kitty never tired of telling of a common sign in shop windows: “No Catholics Need Apply.” It was the local variant of “No Irish Need Apply.” (Renting a room in a Protestant home, she had to pass as one of them. But that story can wait.)
    A Sentiment as Old as America
    Kitty faced the rippling effect of a bias fundamental to the culture of the nation. Carried as baggage from England’s anti-Catholic propaganda of the late 1500s and early 1600s, it depicted the Catholic Church as an alien presence poised to undermine the rights of free citizens. John Tracy Ellis chronicled this pattern of thought in his landmark “American Catholicism” (1956). He was blunt: “. . . universal anti-Catholic bias was brought to Jamestown in 1607 and vigorously cultivated in all the thirteen colonies from Massachusetts to Georgia.”

If Pope Francis wants to keep the ship of faith from sinking, he must start turning sex-predator clergy, and their accomplices in high places who cover up the evidence, over to the civil justice system and be prepared to see them put in prison where they belong.

I absolutely agree. While we're at it, the rabbis and the televangelists need to do the same with their flocks.

#ProtestantSinsMatter

Let's just look at the title of this thread again...

"Pope says priests' abuse of nuns went as far as "sexual slavery"

Pope says...that's not covering up, that's exposing his subordinates crimes.

Who's doing the saying for Pat Robertson and the people he covers up for? Who is exposing the rabbis?
  8. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 03:26
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/roman-catholic-dioceses-in-new-jersey-announce-victims-compensation-funds/ar-BBTsxAL?ocid=spartandhp
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 15:58
    @athousandyoung said
    Jewish men are so emasculated they need arranged marriages and don’t even know how sex works.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/hasidic-jew-runs-orthodox-roots-arranged-marriage-child/story?id=15540395
    Yeah, well, they seem to be able to figure it out.

https://nypost.com/2015/04/27/city-birth-rates-havent-been-this-low-since-great-depression/

But some groups are being fruitful and multiplying.

Borough Park, heavily Orthodox Jewish, is easily the city’s baby capital, with a robust birth rate of 27.9 per 1,000 residents, according to the data. In 2013, some 5,458 babies were born in the Brooklyn enclave.

“Our community is making up for the rest of the city,” said Borough Park state Assemblyman Dov Hikind, who has six grandkids of his own.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 16:26
    @sh76 said

I was told that it used to be common in Catholic areas in the Netherlands that young men who were suspected of being homosexuals would be sent to be trained as priests.

People choosing their own profession is a fairly recent phenomenon.
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 01:33
    @sh76 said
    Yeah, well, they seem to be able to figure it out.

https://nypost.com/2015/04/27/city-birth-rates-havent-been-this-low-since-great-depression/

But some groups are being fruitful and multiplying.

Borough Park, heavily Orthodox Jewish, is easily the city’s baby capital, with a robust birth rate of 27.9 per 1,000 residents, according to the data. In 2013, some 5,458 ...[text shortened]... the city,” said Borough Park state Assemblyman Dov Hikind, who has six grandkids of his own.
    You know how Hillary said “it takes a village to raise a child”? With Jews it takes a village to get a girl pregnant. Lots of micromanaging and gossiping and almost no romance or lust filled satisfying sex. It sounds like a really crappy way to live - from innocent child directly to brood mare.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 02:361 edit
    @athousandyoung said
    You know how Hillary said “it takes a village to raise a child”? With Jews it takes a village to get a girl pregnant. Lots of micromanaging and gossiping and almost no romance or lust filled satisfying sex. It sounds like a really crappy way to live - from innocent child directly to brood mare.
    (AThousandYoung replied to Sh76.)

There are some memoirs by American women who left the ultra-Orthodox Jewish fold:

http://flavorwire.com/436087/leah-vincent-deborah-feldman-and-the-cultural-fascination-with-orthodox-jewish-memoirs

"Leah Vincent, Deborah Feldman, and Our Cultural Fascination With Orthodox Jewish Memoirs"

_Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots_
    by Deborah Feldman

_Cut Me Loose: Sin and Salvation After My Ultra-Orthodox Girlhood_
    by Leah Vincent
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 15:28
    @athousandyoung said
    Yeah, because total promiscuousness and complete sexual abandon interspersed with rampant sexual abuse and harassment and the accepted and constant sexual objectification of people (spurring your very own #metoo backlash) and the deterioration of family structure resulting in the highest incarceration rates in the world and abysmal educational records, has worked out great for y'all.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 15:29
    @duchess64 said
    (AThousandYoung replied to Sh76.)

There are some memoirs by American women who left the ultra-Orthodox Jewish fold:

http://flavorwire.com/436087/leah-vincent-deborah-feldman-and-the-cultural-fascination-with-orthodox-jewish-memoirs

"Leah Vincent, Deborah Feldman, and Our Cultural Fascination With Orthodox Jewish Memoirs"

_Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of ...[text shortened]... borah Feldman

_Cut Me Loose: Sin and Salvation After My Ultra-Orthodox Girlhood_
    by Leah Vincent
    Yup.

We got problems. You got problems. We all got problems.

I'll take our problems over your problems any day of the week, and twice on Tuesday.
  15. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 15:333 edits
    @sh76 said
    Yeah, because total promiscuousness and complete sexual abandon interspersed with rampant sexual abuse and harassment and the accepted and constant sexual objectification of people (spurring your very own #metoo backlash) and the deterioration of family structure resulting in the highest incarceration rates in the world and abysmal educational records, has worked out great for y'all.
    The Latin people aren’t constantly worried about being exterminated. So yeah seems to have worked out great.

And Latins aren’t young earth creationists either. And they let girls go to school. Since you want to talk about academics. Jews require modifications to the curriculum in order to get those results. I know, I taught science at a Yeshiva. Reproduction, evolution, anthropology...not allowed to be studied.