1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 14:51
    @kellyjay said
    If Jesus is the one who takes away the sins of the world and who He is and why He was sent were by divine nature and decree how could it be anything other divine intervention?
    You're singing to the choir, my friend.

Do you deny that one cannot follow God AND Mammon?

Of course Christianity is divine intervention. "Corporate Christianity" is not; it is an invention, a bastardization, created by man to profit from God.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 14:55
    @fmf said
    "No True Scotsman" is the name of one the most common informal fallacies that people use instead of proper arguments. If anything it is a "reassuring pillow" for someone wanting to say stuff but doesn't want to converse in good faith. In this case, that is you, because to claim "there is no such thing as corporate Christianity" is simply obtuse.
    No, again, you misrepresent.

What I'm saying is that there is no Christianity in "corporate Christianity". This is my premise. How about you converse in good faith against my premise instead of against me?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 14:55
    @suzianne said
    Your point?

I think Jesus would agree. We have enough testimony from him and his ministry that bears out what I'm saying. One canNOT serve God and Mammon.
    "Voting Republican" is not synonymous with "serving Mammon".
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 14:58
    @fmf said
    The term "corporate Christianity" just means formally organized Christian groups and denominations.
    Oh, no. You cannot claim that the phrase does not have all the baggage that you give it when you wield the phrase.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 14:58
    @fmf said
    "Voting Republican" is not synonymous with "serving Mammon".
    You're kidding, right?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 15:00
    @suzianne said
    What I'm saying is that there is no Christianity in "corporate Christianity".
    Most, if not virtually all, of Christianity's 40,000 denominations are in some shape or form corporate entities in that they are legal entities and are organized and managed by people who have roles and functions within that entity.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 15:00
    @suzianne said
    You're kidding, right?
    Not at all.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 15:03
    @suzianne said
    Oh, no. You cannot claim that the phrase does not have all the baggage that you give it when you wield the phrase.
    It's not a term that I "wield". It's just a noun with an adjective. As for "baggage" being attached to it, I think you are getting me mixed up with divegeester.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 15:04
    @fmf said
    Not at all.
    I know Americans think the world revolves around them, but I have no clue what the different political parties are in the US and what they stand for re Christianity. One thing is for sure, someone has to have a really messed up mind to claim that all Christians in a particular political party do not follow Christ or follow Christianity. I think after this round of rubbish posting she will hopefully go on a permanent sabbatical.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 15:16
    @suzianne said
    No, again, you misrepresent.

What I'm saying is that there is no Christianity in "corporate Christianity". This is my premise. How about you converse in good faith against my premise instead of against me?
    "Voting Republican" is not synonymous with "serving Mammon". Let's say I have traditional, conservative family and community values rooted in Biblical teaching and my Christian upbringing, I am opposed to big government imposing progressive ideas on people who do not subscribe to them by enshrining them in federal laws, and I think homosexuality is a sin and abortion should be illegal, and so I vote Republican, why would you claim I "cannot follow Christ"? Why would you characterize voting Republican in this way as "serving Mammon"?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 18:12
    @suzianne said
    "Corporate Christianity" is, in no way, Christianity, and cannot be thought of as such. Do you deny this? Just because some churches, and plenty of individuals, follow that model, doesn't make it right, nor do they follow Jesus. One cannot follow that model and follow Jesus. I'd have thought that point would be obvious, even to the most casual observer.
    Corporate Christianity is everywhere Suzianne; dozens and dozens and dozens if not hundreds of mainstream denominations, breakaway organisations, cooperative sects and various smaller financially bound groups.

Tell you what, why don’t you explain what you think “corporate Christianity” and let’s see if we agree on it and if we agree that those people in whatever group looks like are, or are not “Christian”??
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 23:30
    @suzianne said
    You're singing to the choir, my friend.

Do you deny that one cannot follow God AND Mammon?

Of course Christianity is divine intervention. "Corporate Christianity" is not; it is an invention, a bastardization, created by man to profit from God.
    If you are following the Lord abiding and obeying is what you are doing. I don’t worry about the money if your heart is right little or much will be no different to you.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '23 00:23
    @kellyjay said
    If you are following the Lord abiding and obeying is what you are doing. I don’t worry about the money if your heart is right little or much will be no different to you.
    What are your thoughts on the OP?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '23 06:39
    @rajk999 said
    I know Americans think the world revolves around them, but I have no clue what the different political parties are in the US and what they stand for re Christianity. One thing is for sure, someone has to have a really messed up mind to claim that all Christians in a particular political party do not follow Christ or follow Christianity. I think after this round of rubbish posting she will hopefully go on a permanent sabbatical.
    For someone who thinks they alone have the truth no text or other person can correct them, that is a fine thing to say.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '23 06:54
    @kellyjay said
    For someone who thinks they alone have the truth no text or other person can correct them, that is a fine thing to say.
    Apart from yourself, who else do you think “has the truth”?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree