1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '23 16:322 edits
    @fmf said
    "Voting Republican" is not synonymous with "serving Mammon". Let's say I have traditional, conservative family and community values rooted in Biblical teaching and my Christian upbringing, I am opposed to big government imposing progressive ideas on people who do not subscribe to them by enshrining them in federal laws, and I think homosexuality is a sin and abortion should be il ...[text shortened]... cannot follow Christ"? Why would you characterize voting Republican in this way as "serving Mammon"?
    Exactly where in this scenario you imagine do the teachings of Jesus show themselves? Where is there love for one's brother?

If you can't explain this to me, then this conversation is over.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '23 16:51
    @rajk999 said
    I know Americans think the world revolves around them, but I have no clue what the different political parties are in the US and what they stand for re Christianity. One thing is for sure, someone has to have a really messed up mind to claim that all Christians in a particular political party do not follow Christ or follow Christianity. I think after this round of rubbish posting she will hopefully go on a permanent sabbatical.
    "I have no clue what the different political parties are in the US and what they stand for re Christianity."

Yet you feel capable of commenting on this topic with something approaching reason.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '23 01:41
    @suzianne said
    Exactly where in this scenario you imagine do the teachings of Jesus show themselves? Where is there love for one's brother?
    Are you seriously asserting that nobody who votes Republican in your country is a follower of Jesus? And that none of them tries to "love their brother" just as you do? As a follower of Jesus, do you love your Republican "brothers"?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '23 01:46
    @Suzianne
    Exactly where in this scenario you imagine do the teachings of Jesus show themselves?

Don't you believe that believers in Jesus, regardless of whether you have political disagreements with them - are saved by Grace because Jesus died on the cross for all mankind; that is to say, saved by their faith and by faith alone?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree